Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi all. I'm sure there is a simple solution to this, but I can't figure it out myself.Is there a place where I, as a teacher, can access all assignments that need grading? I get the feeling it should be under Grades, but can't understand how to see a...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My kids share a computer and use Chrome to get to their accounts.  I cannot switch between student accounts in Chrome.  There is no User Menu or additional selection to "Change User" in the windows/chrome world.  Only in Android and iOS.  When I log ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm just getting started on Canvas, and I sent a message through the Canvas Inbox to the full class, myself included.  The Canvas course is linked to our institution emails, but I didn't receive the email. I then sent a few test messages directly to ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-17-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I haven't found a recent post on this, only some from 2-3 years ago...can anyone give an update on whether Canvas supports xAPI (TinCan) yet and if not yet, when? Thanks!

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have FlipGrid integrated in Canvas and am having a challenging time trying to copy topics and responses from one Canvas class shell into another. Has anyone had any luck with this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, I have the up-to-date google chrome browser and my cookies are cleared. However, respondus lockdown still pop up a banner that said "Your browser does not meet the minimum requirements required for Canvas." When I proceed to insert password to...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

if i have an unpublished course, but using the course link on published course as shourtcut button, would the link allow students to access the assignment on the unpublished course?I hope this does not confuse you. . 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have never used Canvas so where to I start. Please and thank you 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to I turn off the welcome tour so it doesn't pop up every single time I log in to canvas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have created the consortium CATS Colleges Consortium from within catscanterbury.instructure.com1. I want to invite catscambridge.instructure.com but cannot find it, or it's full name CATS College Cambridge in the invite other institutions' list.2. ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can you see these dorky images? How do I change them?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I have a faculty who is having an issue with importing a Canvas Export Package from a previous course (different school) and would like to Import it for the course that she is about to begin.  However, when I go through the Import Process, the Imp...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I installed Diigo on my webbrowser and also activated it in my Canvas profile.  While I can use the extension without problems on other sites, as soon as I move into the Module's text to make highlights, it doesn't work any more. It's almost as if th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have been dealing with this problem for years now.  Every time I attempt to watch a recorded lecture or any type of posted video on canvas using firefox, nothing will appear.  However, when I try loading the same page on chrome, the video appears a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why are students assignments that have been completed showing up blank when submitted to CANVAS?  These are google docs.  Same name as I have them named on CANVAS. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Since CCSD created 4 different "instances" of CANVAS, I can't find my favorite LTI external apps. Khan Academy does not show up in my list of available apps to install. Help?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Our textbook is Spring Board and our LMS is Canvas.  The new digital Spring Board only has an option to upload to Google Classroom but it says it can be connected to Canvas. (see below). Has anyone successfully linked Canvas is Spring Board in their ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

All of my pages in Canvas are pushed to the left leaving blank space on the right side. This still happens with I reset to 100%. Is anyone else having this issue and do you know how to fix it? Thanks! 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am unable to get the access token when I post a request using Postman. I am receiving the authorization code from the browser and passing the authorization in the Postman request. I have attached screenshot and I am receiving HTTP status as 400 Bad...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm an English instructor and would rather give students a letter grade than a number grade. Obviously the letter will need to translate to a number. I would prefer a 0-4 scale that replicates the gpa system. For example, I give a student an A-, stud...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I made quizzes using New Quizzes. I made them each worth 5 points. Students have submitted them with various of scores, however, in the gradebook it shows up as a complete/incomplete/ungraded/excused option only. No scores synced to the gradebook nor...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a number of different groups of courses. Is there a way to create sections on the dashboard to organize courses into groups? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

How can I fix this? I refreshed my canvas and not all of the edit and green check options disappeared from my canavs.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

School is starting up in the next couple days but my courses are not showing please help.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-07-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Go to https://clever.com/in/clark/student/portal.  Once you login with your correct user id (first name.special code) and your new password, you will need to click on red canvas symbol on the screen.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I'm using Perusall integration with Canvas, and it looks like it is set up correctly. What I wanted was for students to complete the Perusall assignment before progressing to the next step in the module.I set up a requirement to "Submit the assig...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

On the iOS app, I was able to log into one school. I am a student at two schools. I go to "Change User" to try to enter my second school, but I don't see the button. I only see the first login. How do I access both schools on the iOS app?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-18-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have several external guest speakers that give presentations in my class. How can I add them as presenters to scheduled class meetings in Canvas Webex?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For one activity, I will have students submit work each week, for which they will receive a weekly grade, and after the 15 weeks, they will receive one grade as the average of the 15 weekly grades. How do I set that up?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have watched the tutorial on posting to an assigned discussion, but when I go to my course, there is not a column showing discussion and other items.  Am I in the wrong area?  Isn't Canvas integrated into the EGCC student portal?  I don't want to b...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies