Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

On the iOS app, I was able to log into one school. I am a student at two schools. I go to "Change User" to try to enter my second school, but I don't see the button. I only see the first login. How do I access both schools on the iOS app?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-18-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have several external guest speakers that give presentations in my class. How can I add them as presenters to scheduled class meetings in Canvas Webex?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For one activity, I will have students submit work each week, for which they will receive a weekly grade, and after the 15 weeks, they will receive one grade as the average of the 15 weekly grades. How do I set that up?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have watched the tutorial on posting to an assigned discussion, but when I go to my course, there is not a column showing discussion and other items.  Am I in the wrong area?  Isn't Canvas integrated into the EGCC student portal?  I don't want to b...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Will students be able to see each other in the fall online learning using Big Blue Button? Seeing as well as verbally collaborating is a huge part of middle schoolers' online learning collaboration experience. We are addressing online norm expectatio...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hey everyone,    When our school first set up Canvas, we decided against setting up the Google SSO and Gsuite SAML login initially. We set up students and teachers accounts with their school email (Google), and they log in from there. Now that we hav...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We have an issue where the content links sidebar always returns the errorCan anyone point us in the right direction to fix? We think it’s something to do with the implementation, but not sure. Thanks very much for any advice to help fix.Wendy 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The discussion tab remains hidden after publishing. How do I enable for student view?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When taking math quizzes, I want students to be able to show written work on a pdf.  I want them to be able to annotate on the document within quizzes but this does not seem possible.  Any workaround that allows Canvas annotator for quizzes would be ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My instructor says:  Make sure to follow the formatting instructions and length restrictions for the case analysis before submitting it.. Please send me for where to find Canvas formatting  guidelines.using Word......this is for a case review.Thank y...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can't find the answer to this anywhere - how large a file can students submit for an assignment and do you need to change course storage quotas to store assignments long term?

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-17-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

We run a graded canvas quiz at the end of our practical classes. There are multiple repeats of this class running all week. To run the test, I have assigned each practical class section an availability window to sit the test, with this corresponding ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

For audit purposes, we are asked to have evidence in hard copy. Much of this has been through student communication using the inbox. Can anyone tell me how to print multiple entries from the inbox?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am using a Digital Notebook with my students. I want to assign the entire notebook at once. I know that Slip In slides extension allows to select a slide and automatically insert it into presentations that students have already been assigned and ha...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 0 Replies

None of my classes/important dates from the classes are showing up on my calendar. 3 of my classes have a calendar already made. How do I get it to show on my calendar?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible to create a module within a course that is only visible to one student? So, all content within the module would also be only accessible by one student. Thank you!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I create an assignment and choose the external tool for submission, I search and find OneNote Class Notebook, but for some reason there is no way to send an assignment.  It asks me to open my Notebook but from there I can't seem to send assignme...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello all,My colleagues and I are looking for a way to allow students to record a short audio or video response to Quiz items. We are using LockDown Browser for exam proctoring, so we need to be able to record in the quiz itself without leaving Canva...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 6 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I record a canvas conference without seeing user names on the left side? My chat window is shut but all the names are still showing on the left. Our work does not allow recorded conferences where names are shown. Even just first names.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

so I am not seeing the html editor button so i can upload my google slides into a new page on canvas. all it posts are the codes from the google slides. I have watch youtube videos where the person has the html editor button and it worked. I am new t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The Grade Synch will not appear in my course navigation list. I am going to Settings and selecting Enable to put Grade Synch on my navigation list, but still will not appear.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I've read various posts here and it seems one cannot unpublish a course.  This is not about student access to it, I know how to fix that, its about the very cluttered interface when there are dozens of "published" course in your dashboard.   I have 7...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-16-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi, I have some questions about the security involved in using the ZOOM LTI Pro in Canvas.  If students were to share the Id and password with another student would they be ableto join? Also, if they invite someone on the participants panel would the...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

In a class with 90 students, I want to create 18 groups that will each be given the same prompt, will each be asked to collaborate via a Google Doc, and will each have its own discussion board to facilitate their work.  Is there a way to do this with...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What field name imports the student to the teacher?Sue

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am new to canvas and am trying to post my weekly assignments.  For some reason Canvas is interchanging different assignments. Each day we have the same arrangement:  Application Problem, problem set, fluency practice, etc.  How can I fix this?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have 8 sections of ELAR - they are divided into GT, Honors, etc.  8 in all.  I have only ONE section set up just how I want it.  Module, Pages, etc.  This is for the first 8 days of school.  I am not a rocket scientist, so I need to be told (simply...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I went to Zoom within Canvas, I got the following message:WarningUser does not exist: laura.myers@famu.edu.Error Code 1001 - INT_f0adca66d28afa6c I have already "Enabled" Zoom and my Zoom account is under the email listed above.  I checked two d...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-30-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have finally figured out how to have my kids annotate and submit  PDFs using the app on their iPads. I am having them open a pdf from an assignment, use the tools to annotate/do the work and submit. BUT, what happens if the student does not finish ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have three sections of the same math course that I would like to have the exact same content set up on. I would like to keep the students within their individual classes for organizational and grading purposes. Is there a way to have this happen au...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies