Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I know there is a way to sort the Gradebook by last name A-Z, AND that you can have it so the first name is before the last name.BUTIs there anyway to sort the Gradebook so that student's names will be listed A-Z by the First name?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

On the Syllabus page, what controls the order of the course summary within a date? I know it isn't by time or alphabetical, as shown in this image. Assignment 8.4 comes before Assignment 8.1, and both are due by 11:59pm. I've seen this repeatedly ac...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do you create a new canvas user account with their authentication user id set to saml.Im assuming creating a user account is simialr to the sis import of user headings within the csv file.    

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'd like to use the Canvas icons as references on my course pages so that when I refer to assignments, dashboard, calendar, etc. I can use the same icons that students will see in Canvas. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

hola, como puedo asignar un apodo a mis grupos?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When creating a copy of course, the resource link ids change for the contents in the new copied course and LTI launch fails as there is no available data mapped with new resource link ids.I need history of previous Resource Link Id of the contents in...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have three course sections and would like to link them all so I don't have to input the information three separate times. Is there a way to link all my classes together?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

What are the pros and cons for embedding a mp4 video or embedding a video from youtube etc.Some videos I have downloaded that are also on youtube. Is it better to put the mp4 or the youtube link?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi everyone,I'm a music Professor and I use a lot of graphics in my lectures, such as Treble Clefs, time signatures, etc. Having to do my class this Fall online, I'm finding that whenever I insert a music graphic into my text it gives me a double lin...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hi, We have a hosted Canvas platform and we would like to setup a assignment condition that the submission end date does not fall on Thursdays. Is that possible with the existing system. Its just that we perform maintenance on many subsidiary systems...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have tried embeding slides with external links in canvas.  Before I save it, the links work fine.  Once I save the page the links will only work if you right click and open in a new page.  When you click on them it acts like it is going to load and...

• 2 Likes
  • 12 Replies

I have a student who needs for time to take many quizzes and tests during my course. She has accommodations and other courses her instructor gave her more time to complete her work. The computer from my university controls the time limit on quizzes a...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

This would be helpful, especially if you don't want overlaps in your quizzes.Thanks!

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have the following modules - Music Theory, Solfege and Rhythm.  (There are more, but to help keep this questions brief).  Can I make a button that says "Music Theory" and it takes me to the Music Theory module and not the page that lists the module...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When creating my account I accidentally put that I was 16 years of age. I do not know how to change it, I am blocked from viewing things. 

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Canvas admin here trying to figure out the best way for teachers to see all of their students from the same course (multiple sections/canvas courses) in order to do one conference.  If the teacher has three sections, is cross-listing the best way to ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have teachers who record a video to show on the course homepage. Sometimes, they want to change that video without creating a new page, but later they want to go back to the older video. Are the videos they record saved as files in the course somew...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I don't know if this is a new thing, or has always been like this. We've used Canvas for 5 years, and this is the first time it has come up. An instructor contacted our online help department today and said they had cc'd themselves on a message, and ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

HiI'm having trouble viewing all the external tools, specifically the Kami Google Drive Assignment, on my MacBook Air.  I can see them on another non-Apple laptop.  Any thoughts on why I can only see some of the external tools when creating an assign...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We have students without access to the internet (an no means to get internet) does canvas have a way for students to download their assignments for offline learning then resync once they return to school? Similar to the way Google Classroom and docs ...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to have module links in a course on a front page on Canvas?  I am attempting to link several modules to the front page of my course. The module links on the page are associated with an icon button  I created, for example, one icon butt...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello all!  We are brand new to Canvas, only days old, and the teachers I've imported into Canvas do not have the button to create courses.  When I looked, it seems that permissions to create courses is found in the "Account Roles" area of Permission...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi all, So I've run into an odd problem with the Zoom LTI Pro and was wondering if anyone has gotten this specific configuration to work properly. Within the Zoom LTI Pro there is an option to auto-provision instructors and students. The specific wor...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hey All!I know how to wrap text around an image. Is it possible to wrap it around a video?Thanks!Leslee

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am trying to import a course template. The "adapting-to-online-export" template.  I have followed all of the instructions, but it is read as "queued" and beneath it says can't be downloaded for 500 days.  ????  Any help would be appreciated.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Our district is using public courses for online open houses so parents and students don't have to sign in. I could not find a way to turn off or hide the calendar on the home page. When someone using the public url link clicks on it they are taken ou...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My class code is not working when students try to join. 

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

On my dashboard under all files have two workrooms and I want to delete one of them.  What is the procedure?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My college would like to create something that students have to "pass through" in order to get to their dashboard. Specifically, we want to make a COVID training course that all of our students must advance through before they can access their course...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies