Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I am new at Katy ISD this year, and I don't yet have access to the Commons to create/import courses. Who do I need to talk to in order to get my account working? Thank you!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, Our campus is implementing VidGrid and we're very impressed with its performance, especially with its automated captioning. One thing instructors have asked regards embedding VidGrid videos in Canvas. When using the "VidGrid Embed" tool in the Ri...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-16-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The bulk date updating feature is almost fabulous. How do we update dates for releasing quiz answers in the bulk updating feature? Or, do users still need to visit each quiz to adjust feedback release dates? (I'm betting (hoping?) I'm missing somethi...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I stop the drag and drop/choose file box from automatically appearing

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,A faculty member reached out to me asking if there is a way to toss out questions on a Canvas quiz. The instructor wants to create a quiz worth a total of 110 points (55 questions worth 2 points each) but have the test end up being 100 points t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a similar question. My teachers have a course for each subject and a conduct course. Could ONE homepage be created in a course and have buttons that lead to a sub page with links to assignments and quizzes from another course? For example, The...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-13-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

hi,my problem is that the univeisty provides our vpn,but I cannot download on my iPhone or ipad,what should I do 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all,  I have a staff member who assigned a quiz to students after a class cohort had already completed it. Now the original responses are gone and we only have the responses of the two who completed on the new due date. Is there a way of getting t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-30-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to enable different authentication mechanism for main account and different sub accounts. We have an use case, where we will have several sub accounts, some of which will need to use canvas login page, some others need to use external ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My students can't see the Conference button... I set it, but they can't see it. (I have cross- list)How can I fix it?  Thanks!Villegas

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am teaching High Schoolers who need lots of support with technology. I would like for them to able to conference with me while working on their individual assignments.    Is that possible?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to use Flipgrid with our course. I have watched the video from Flipgrid and have installed the application. However, my site will not move past this screen. The 'Create a Course Group' does not activate anything but a pink bar shown. What...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

As an instructor who likes to make sure my students get a good understanding of the steps involved in performing a certain task, I like to include pictures of each step showing them where to go and which buttons to click. This gets quite cumbersome w...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to import course content from free teacher account to purchased district account. When I import an issue appears:The security parameters for the external tool "McGraw Hill Campus" need to be set in Course Settings.I need to remove McGraw ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My eyes! My poor, poor eyes!Daytime isn't so bad, but working at night is a struggle. I can only go so long staring at the bright white pages before I have to go do something else. Photoshop has dark mode, Maya has dark mode; in fact, all of the soft...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello Hivemind!My campus just lost our Turnitin account. Now we'll have to use the standard Speedgrader, rather than the pop-out we had before. I downloaded the rubrics from Turnitin -- .rbc files with no option for another format. I can't open these...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-12-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello! How do we assign each student a Google Slide to complete and return for grading?  This was extremely important for Remote Learning last year as I created charts, guided notes and other assignments for students to complete in Google Slides.  We...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I know I can cross-list several sections of a teacher's identical Biology 1 classes (period 1, 2, 3, etc.). I want to know if a teacher has different grade levels of the same class, AND different sections, can I cross-list those and still have grade ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I wish to randomize the order of canvas exam questions, because it might make it a bit harder for students to compare notes about questions, right? The problem is, when I select this option, it appears the order of the answer choices (for multiple ch...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-09-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to duplicate a weekly module that I have created that contains several pages or sub-modules? and duplicate that about 16 times then edit each of these weekly modules as I go.  The "duplicate" function is not available when I follow the di...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

A large percentage of our staff are using SBG and we would like to track student eligibility similar to our traditional grading scale weekly D/F list.  Has anyone developed a successful "Eligibility List" through Outcomes?   if so, I'd love to learn ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

For a large lecture class of (say) 300 students, I'd like to create 300 similar but unique exams, each exam as a QTI zip file to upload to Canvas. Is there a way to assign one exam per student that does not involve 300 sets of manual mouse-clicks?Tha...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi. I am playing around with settings in modules to really understand how to set it up and how it works from a student's perspective. I set up 2 modules and made it a prerequisite to complete the first module before moving on to the second one. I not...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As the teacher, when I am viewing as a student and click on modules, I receive an ACCESS DENIED message that states this page is part of the content for the course and student does not have access.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm going through the tutorial on the dashboard and I don't see the To Do section on the right

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Using the REST API I can  get  list of my current active courses and courses tagged as favorite, but not older courses.   I.e., the request below only shows a subset of courses "https://school.instructure.com/api/v1/courses" How can I list all course...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am setting up my course but some reason i can not get modules to open and be viewed. I have tried everything but so far nothing has worked.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I may have just deleted my final exam! Is there a way to retrieve it in canvas? Oh my, I surely hope so! Any advise is truly welcome and appreciated!  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to insert at least 2 images on a page in canvas and have them side by side? When I insert an image and then try to insert a second image, it will put it under the first one. I would prefer to have it next to the first one. Or, can you ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 10 Replies