Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Can we grade Google Slide assignments on the ipad app?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have noticed that Canvas's autograding feature is a little more limited than Blackboard in that it cannot handle some of the more complicated quiz questions. It requires more manual grading. For example, my quiz question is a fill in the blank."___...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am looking for shortcuts to use the annotation tools in speedgrader. I see that there are shortcuts for commenting, grade input, next student, etc. However, I want to know if there are shortcuts for free draw annotation or area draw annotation. Tha...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am an instructor. I have two separate issues with completed and graded assignments showing in the to-do list and showing as not crossed out in the student calendar. One type of assignment had no submission as it was completed in Microsoft Forms. Th...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My personal made vidoes of read alouds are hyperlinked to an icon of the books cover.All works great in google.When in canvas, in does not work.  The book will continue to show the loading sign in a new tab but not open.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I signed up for the free Canvas account, I think I signed up as a teacher and not a student. I am a Nursing Instructor and I thought it was asking what my "job title" was so I put "teacher." Now I am not sure I have the right Canvas account. The...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The last posting I was able to find for any information on the longdesc option for images for ADA was in 2018. Has there been any updates that anyone is aware of other than making a link to a document?

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it not possible for an instructor to set a "default email address" for separate courses? I have a course that involves students from other Universities as well as the university I teach, and I would love for the default email address for that cour...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can find and change the logo in the "Login Page" but the registration page still shows the Canvas logo. I have a self-hosted canvas instance on AWS

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I teach a creative writing class and need to have the ability for students to submit a doc or pdf (not a collaborative doc) into Canvas and have it available for each student to see and critique on their own device, at home.  Since we're not in the c...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How are we to interpret Cronbach's Alpha if the quizzes select items at random from an item bank?Does the reliability coefficient refer to parallel forms?In addition, should we be using the typical rule-of-thumb for reliability coefficient interpreta...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Every time I embed a video from my cloud into a page, it automatically opens in full screen. I want it to remain a small window on the page, with the option for a student to full screen it. How do I do this?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I make an assignment invisible for a few students in a class? I have IEP students and I want to give my non IEP students an assignment but block it for my IEP kids so they wont see it.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When composing a page of text, bullet lists look neater when all the text, including items longer than one line, exhibit the same indentation.For example:short itema really really really long item that wraps around to form an additional line of text ...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Why does Canvas not automatically save your work in text entry or when working on your modules? Many students and teachers have lost countless hours of work because of this issue. No one should have to save a Google Doc or upload a file, if text entr...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Since school is online currently, everything I teach/assign is now on Canvas. What can I use to ensure my students are cheating? Please list some websites/add-ons/anything that I can use. 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a class where I set up two sections: one group gets the regular assignment, one group gets a modified assignment. When I go to post grades to PowerSchool, Canvas strips the due dates from the assignments going to different sections. I double-c...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Problem: Students can still edit a submitted Google doc assignment after its "deadline" has ended without being marked late. Also students can reply to instructor's reviewing and commenting directly on the doc (before the doc and grade are released)....

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Why can't I click anything on canvas? My mouse definitely works, I tested it on a different website and it worked.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a report that a student is not seeing all the choices in a dropdown menu in New Quizzes when they they take it on a Chromebook. They are reporting that they are not seeing all the options that other students in the class are seeing who are not...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

As instructors asked questions and requested resources when hundreds of courses moved online, I placed the resources into an Online Instructor Resources site. It is now public and openly licensed for anyone to use: https://canvas.instructure.com/cour...

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Why do some assignments appear blank when viewed by a student but not in the student view?  I can see the information in the assignment when I click "student view".  But when a student clicks the assignment the instructions are missing?  Here is an i...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to include two short assessment instruments in my 2nd 8-week courses that begin in October. They should be offered as an anonymous assessment instrument. I need to administer these in at the start of term and again at the end of term, and need...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I changed the storage to S3 and now I get an error when changing the theme's login logo. The only problem is the image: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Question-Forum/theme-change-problem/m-p/55005andhttps://github.com/instructure/canvas-lms/issue...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For some reason, canvas doesn't show the submission comments. Even when I post a comment and submit, it does not show in the bar on the right, next to the submission. However, when I click 'download submission comments', I do get a pdf with all comme...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Basically what the title says. I know that Canvas takes note of when your quiz history for multiple choice (if a student changed an answer) but I was wondering if it also can view past contents on an essay question.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We have University-level outcomes, and I have admin access to implement one of these outcomes across all programs.  The outcome seems to work and I have started getting data, however it’s unclear what would happen to our outcome data if faculty delet...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, I am having trouble getting my Modules section to be visible. It is currently listed as hidden but there IS content in the Modules section (screenshot 1) and it is in the proper section within the Course Navigation settings. Would someone be a...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Students are unable to see the comments made by the assessor in a quiz. When I go into speed grader and check I can see the comment. However there is a red asterix next to the date in the comment box but it appears that the comment has been submitted...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I NEED HELP

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies