Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Where do I find my TABE testing portal login user name and password? It said I should have it in my in box but there isn't anything in my inbox. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-05-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there any way you can have notifications set for YOUR OWN discussion posts when there has been a reply ? Quite often students will interact with each other and on the board, but I only wish to be notified of responses to my own discussions. From w...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I know that the maximum file size for uploading is 500MB per file.What I want to know is if there is a cap on accumulated size of all the course contents per course.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi!I want to embed a video to an assignment (without ads) and be able to also have students upload a media recording as a response in the same assignment.  Can you help me?Dawn Campbelldawn.campbell@leusd.k12.ca.us

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I can't figure out why a discussion question is not showing published anymore. I noticed the published went out when I posted tomorrow's question early.   The students still need to contribute to that first discussion.  Can somebody help me? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible to rearrange the order of how rubrics are listed on the Course Rubrics page? I would like them to be in the order of when they are used?Thanks,Lynn

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I set a 10% per day penalisation for late assessments in Grade Centre??

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello I need to know if there is a way to transfer my classes and all my assignments and tests for one account to another. Some how my school set me up and then invited me to another. thank you for you help 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to delete a submitted paper in the tray and re-submit a new paper using the Turnitin tool?  This is because the submitted paper is wrong, which needs to be deleted. Thanks.R. Pu

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I link my Google Drive to Canvas?  I only see the option for OneDrive, I think that is because that is what my district uses.  Can I add it as an option as well.I am trying to load google doc which are pdf to become docx for students can type in ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My computer was stolen and im having to use an older computer now, ive been trying to take a quiz but im being denied acsess to it for some reason is there a reason i cant from this computer? can i get a new on through the school?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to import material from the Balckboard?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-04-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When creating a quiz, how can I copy the multiple choice answers without retyping them? #quiz

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi. I teach first grade students and I need to make everything as simple as possible for them to navigate. My district will have my first grade students enrolled in multiple courses (a math course, a language arts course, a science course, etc). I do...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I downloaded/imported openstax, and now want to use a different course.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have enabled students to self-group themselves on a few assignments; however, my distract has chosen to disable the People tab for students to simplify their navigation as we mass adopt Canvas for the first time. Is there a workaround for students ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How to I add OpenStax content to my Canvas course?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where can I find the recording of my test conference?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My entire screen is so small! How do I increase the size of fonts and diagrams?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I used Kami to create a worksheet, then I uploaded it to google. In my Canvas assignment, should I link to my worksheet in google drive or should I embed? Then what do I pick for submission type?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-11-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,  As I was creating my first Canvas shells, I created banners of my own for discussions, quizzes, and assignments.  Then these other banners started showing up in my images that were much better than I was doing.  I want to use them, but I can'...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Somehow, I lost the side bar that shows up when you want to edit your page. It gives you three options: link, files, and images. How do I get that back? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Are there prebuilt quiz banks available for Canvas? In other words, are there any sources that publish QTI banks for specific subjects? I am looking for High school science courses.Thank you in advance!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I remove a color that I inadvertently applied to my class image?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have this weird issue. I published the course, and students were able to enroll into the course use code or link and I was able to add them into my course. But none of my student can see the course, it remains unpublished for all my students. I goo...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have inserted/ embeded a google slide on my Home Page.  I can't figure out how to change the size and elimiate the black on the top and the bottom.  When I see this image in google slides, the black is not there.  I am a newbie.... so thank you in ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I teach only one class as an adjunct at Merced College.  The Home page for this course has a note that reads, "This course has not been enabled yet."  I have written my content into the Home page, and have entered some assignments into the Assignment...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I de-cross-list a section in a course

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I open a course? Or is it "Just opened automatically" when the student signs up for classes?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I like the elementary theme but is there a way to override the navigation choices? I'd like to add something that the theme automatically hides, yet adding it to the navigation in settings doesn't make it visible in the student view. I like the font ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies