Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Media gallery is not working and an appiication error message shows up NWY0M2RiYzRlMWMzMywyNC8wOC8yMDIwIDAzOjI0OjUzLG55LWttcy0yNDA4MTkxODM=How can I solve this? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! My course that I am building had been working perfectly, and then today, my photos are no longer loading. I am experiencing this on every page. I use Chrome. What's going on and how do I fix it? I have already tried clearing my browser history an...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have created collaboration docs for my students. I have 4 student groups. I've created 4 collaboration docs, each assigned to a different group. Right now, my students cannot get into collaborations. Every time they try to connect from the link/but...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

As an administrator, how do I check attendance?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've had a school ask if there's a way to push calendar events to all classes. I don't know of an easy way to do that for this purpose. There are site announcements, of course, but is there something for calendar that I don't know about? Thanks!

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi! I'm teaching K-5 virtually this year. Right now, my school has set me up with a virtual homepage, and I have created buttons labeled K-5. I'd like each button to link to a separate kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, etc course that has already been created....

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Good morning all,I hope you all had a great weekend.  I am new to the online college thingy (lol) and I already have a query.  So when you are on Canvas, on you selected course, the "to do list" to the right has X's.  Do you recommend X'ing them?  I ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I work with a teenager with ASD who is not explaining how to join his Social Studies class very well. 

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Help!  I spent the weekend loading a ton of images to act as buttons.  When I started the courses today, many of the images were missing and only a tiny square showed up.  All of the links still work even if the picture isn't there.  However, I am us...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have a question:  I need to delete "auto saved content" in the announcements.  How do I do that?  (Every time I try to create an announcement, I get a dialogue box saying there is "auto saved content" and asking me if I want to view it.  I want to ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am a librarian and I would like for my teachers to have a library button the kids could use when it is time for the library.  Is this possible? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I've made a powerpoint presentation with an audio file attached to each slide. In order to play the audio, my manager needed to download and save the presentation. Will the students need to do this too when the powerpoint is added to Canvas? Than...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

This is my 3rd graders first day ever of remote learning. We can't get anything to work. It says no assignments and he can not complete any work. When he clicks on zoom in the homeroom it just says nothing. We were told he was supposed to start at 8:...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a student who received the error message, "AAC/ASAM has been disabled. Press the home button to exit the app." She is using iPad, in the LockDown app. What is the cause of this error message and how can it be resolved?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Already seeing some server issues, please stay on top of this.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Grades that were there before are no longer visible. I rely heavily on GB history, so this is a huge problem for me with classes starting back up.I wanted to check to see if a student had complete her quiz since yesterday, turns out she had not, but ...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Just this week my embedded calendar was previewing beautifully. Tonight, the night before the first day of class, the pdf files will not preview even after I have selected the option to do so. When the link is clicked it goes straight to download, wh...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a Google Slide Presentation that students will be editing all year (like a reading log). Each student needs to have their own copy so I think I need to use the External Tool Feature? However, does it have to be an assignment since it won't be ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I create columns in pages?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,I am on an Admin level account and am trying to integrate Zoom (Basic) plan with Canvas. I thought the integration was successful as it worked for me and appears on the side bar of all courses (as ZoomProd). However, when teachers try to author...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It would be amazing if Canvas could allow teachers to create subgroups in order to assign specific students accommodated and/or modified work through Canvas without having to type each student's name, particularly when 90% of a class gets 1 assignmen...

• 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have cross-listed courses. I don't have the option to de-cross list them. How can I add assignments to just one of the courses that I have cross listed?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

HELP! I post study guides for my students with fill-in blanks.  I just learned to make them in PDF format because MS Word formatting issues were a nightmare for the students.  Now I find that when I embed a link to the file in a Canvas page I can't m...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello,I am currently giving some Canvas quizzes with 2 attempts and many of my questions are Fill in Multiple Blanks questions. However, when my students submit their quiz for the first attempt, all it says is they get partial credit and it does not ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have tried creating an abserver account in the ios app and on my desktop.  Ive used two different pairing codes and they both say they are invalid.  What could I be doing incorrectly?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've created user groups in order for teachers to create conferences (BigBlueButton) with groups of students that are in different classes.  This creates a group for those students to access in the Global Navigation Bar.  When they enter that group, ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I add the same event to two distinct courses in Canvas? Same course, one in English and one in French and I want to add bilingual events to both courses at the same time instead of having to add them to each course separately. Any ideas?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Because our school has A days and B days we see our scholars every other day on rotation throughout the year. I have six classes.   And because pinellas county is virtual and brick and mortar we have two classes for each period.  So canvas gives me 1...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I switch to student's view, the screen looks like, 

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I would like to upload an image to a file or a page, or else directly as a module element, so that the image is displayed whenever the module is expanded.  Is this possible in Canvas?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies