Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I teach 2 periods of the same courses so I created my Homepage and content in one course of each with the intent to copy it over to the other course so that I only had to do the work once.  When I import the course, the image files are not copying ov...

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I pin canvas to the taskbar in Chrome or Edge? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello Everyone, I have about 13 Beginning Class Announcements that I would like to condense into one Announcements.  How can I do that?  This is what I did:  I created the Announcements individually, then created another announcement with links to th...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As a admin i want to prevent Students to change their name display name

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have an ungraded assignment so it does appear in the grade book. I can invoke Speed Grader but that only shows me 1 student at a time. Can I see a clickable list of all students showing who has submitted and who hasn't? And where I can click on a s...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The students can type the code that was given to by the teacher because some code lead you to create a new account and you want to put in the account you already had.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As a parent observer (linked to student account) it would be nice to see from our end if our child has submitted an assignment or has done/completed it.  As of right now, we just see the assignments, but only know if they've received credit once it h...

• 10 Likes
  • 9 Replies

While trying to pair an already existing course in Connect Math, my Canvas course page will not allow me to search for the course to pair.  It will only allow me to create a new course and the options for my course are not listed.  Is there a work-ar...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My district told us we had to use canvas instead of google classroom for middle school (at first I was not thrilled having used canvas in college and still feel it is not best suited for kids).    We were told to use google cloud assignments at the b...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I'm would like my students to be able to start their own Discussions by posting their own questions.  I have selected Create Discussion Topics under Settings in Discussions, but the students are not being given that option.  How do I fix this?  Thank...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,I love using Flipgrid with my students especially during remote learning but I am having issues integrating into Canvas. Each time I try I get this weird pink box which doesn't allow me to select my course within Flipgrid.What should I do?  

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When I click on a student's name, the sidebar with the at-a-glance analytics shows up. It says that every student has at least 6 assignments missing for my one class and 9 for the other. I clicked through each student to check. Some students have no ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My writing and social studies content is not showing in my lessons.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When our district listened to Canvas present, I asked if teachers could annotate assignments. They said yes, but now I am trying to annotate specific students' assignments to modify them before the students do them. For example, I want to highlight/c...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! I am in instructor in 5th grade and have been with Canvas since 2017. I always enjoyed Canvas, but lately I've hit a wall. This summer I have been inserting google drive assignments in Canvas through the cloud. Additionally, I've just discover...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am wondering how I should set up a Google Form as an assingment and how students should submit their response. I have multiple google forms for my content and am new to Canvas. I created an assignment that is a Google Form from my Google Drive. I e...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I color code my canvas calendar on Google Calendar once it is subscribed?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We need help in deleting the file.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how to delete an unpublished module?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do i track daily student logins for a whole class? i want to see daily how many students in the class logged in

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Since the TLS updates yesterday, we have been having intermittent issues with linking to Zoom meetings from within Canvas (using an SSO). It requests authorization, but appears to time out before displaying meetings. Sometimes it will request a login...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am currently a TA for a course that is set up in eCampus, but we (as a university) are looking at transitioning to Canvas. Currently, our course is set up with 'Advanced Adaptive Release' criteria which allows new assignments to become available as...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have twins that are in the same class.  On my daughter's canvas login, I can see all of her courses.  On my son's, it only shows 1 or 2 and not the others.  How do I fix this?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

why do all of the api have "while(1);" in front of them can this be fixed. JSON results should not begin with a while statement 

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

So I see I cannot assign a page to a specific section, so here is my question. I have 4 sections cross-linked and I have a different zoom link for each section. I want to find a way other than daily announcements to post that link somewhere where eac...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Am I able to delete everything in my to do list simultaneously? 

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi! Below is a screenshot of a formula question I'm making for the midpoint formula. I want the student final answer to be in the form of an ordered pair such as (-2, 4). But I can't get past the unexpected error in the last line of the formula. Any ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can I hide the To-List from my students?  I've creating everything in modules and when I make changes some of the assignments still show up confusing the students.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I unenroll a non-editing teacher? Also how can I unenroll myself from another teacher's class?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies