Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

So every single time I want to observe my child's status on Canvas (I have twins) I have to get a NEW pairing code? So, if I sign in with the brand new pairing code, then sign out, and then, for whatever reason need to get back in, I have to acquire ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

If I have two sections of the same course combined in Canvas, can I post a page or some other item for one section but not the other? Alex

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am in instructor. I have created an embedded quiz inside of a video, and made it an "external tool" submission Assignment. I have a student who says it kicked her out before she could answer the questions. How can I give her an extra attempt to ret...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We are currently moving from Blackboard to Canvas.  My images for Hotspot questions on Blackboard came over into Canvas under files quiz files. Is there a way that I can add these images located in files quiz files on Canvas to my Hotspot quizzes in ...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How have school psychologists found Canvas to be most useful?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I've just signed both my daughters in for the first time, as the links were sent to my (the parent) email. So, it logged them both in with my email and then asked me if I wanted to link the student accounts. I did not realize at the time we could cre...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

As a parent observer, how can I change my notification settings for both my children? Right now, DAILY notifications are filling up my inbox for every course they are each taking, with student-needed course info that I do not need.  I only want to re...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

i am attempting to upload my quizzes from my pc to canvas for my course.i saved the files to a compressed zip file- i go to settings- i import tab- i select qti zip- i select my file and where they should be in course questions tab- and i upload- the...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How does Big Blue Button work with cross-listed sections? If a teachers hosts a live session with courses that are cross-listed is that available to all sections?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how to open rich content editor?(open not to use it),please give me a detailed account in your own words

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi Canvas Community,My exam contain two types of questions, for which I would like to use two different rubrics. There are four exam questions in total.It seems that quizzes/assignments can only be linked to one rubric at a time. In addition, I think...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Howdy! A friend showed me the details tag the other day and now I cannot stop telling others about it.It's an HTML5 tag so it works in mobile too! See more at The Details disclosure element.SpoilerThe spoiler reminds me of the details tag!The spoiler...

• 34 Likes
  • 36 Replies

How can I post an announcement to all courses or post an assignment to all courses rather than having to copy it over or import for every course? 

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello! I am a teacher using Canvas for the first time. My students have had no issues with submitting Google assignments through Canvas until today. Multiple students have had trouble submitting their Google assignment through Canvas. They say that t...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have 4 class sections cross-listed and I can only access 1 section through speed grader in a discussion post. I have the discussion set up in student groups according to sections.  When trying to access speedgrader through the GRADES page, I get th...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have edited a page to change things, but I can't view how it looks. I only see the words now...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've been importing data from a workroom to a course.  In the original workroom, I set a homepage following the procedure to set a homepage.  I first made sure that the content page within PAGES was published and I made it the FRONT PAGE.   Then I we...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i am taking my first remote class and it is not showing up on canvas. it is almost 6pm and my class starts at 7pm. Are remote classes logged into thru Canvas or is there another location?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anyone know if Canvas Collaborations will work for a student who is in a country that does not allow access to GSuite? The course I am working on is an international section and there may be enrollment from those countries.I'm not sure if Collab...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi.  I would like to use a Word document to go over MLA format while I am hosting a ConferZoom class.  How do I do that?  Thanks!   Jim

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I've used this tool successfully for several assignments.  I used it today and one of my students messaged me that multiple students were editing the file simultaneously.  I didn't think the google drive external tool could work that way, I thought i...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am importing images from Google Drawings and the size is definitely large enough but my images are showing up blurry. I am downloading as a png to desktop and then uploading. Is there another way to do this so my images will be clear?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I've seen some older posts about using scripts to do bulk edit/deleting of the roster. Is there an easier way? Why is there not a checkbox and/or "select all" feature?

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Teacher: I have a home page labeled ccsd- it is connected to all my subject courses labeled esccsd.  When I attempt to enter home page- it says access denied.  It also will not let administrator enter the link for uploading onto the web page.  Please...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

HOW DO I REMOVE A CHILD FROM MY OBSERVING LIST

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I set in image as my background?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

While downloading our epubs, we are noticing that the entire course downloads at one time. To save storage space on devices AND prevent students from accessing future content, we would like to only generate an epub for published content on a course. ...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Just started to use Canvas. We are a K-12 school and need to run attendance reports how do we do this? 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I set my course up as pages to make it easier for the students I work with. I published it and adjusted the dates, but my student view remains locked. Please help

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I need to move a lot of pages from one module to other modules using the "Move To" feature. When I do this, Canvas jumps to the destination module. This is inconvenient because I need to move a lot of pages and I don't want to have to scroll back up ...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies