Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

To integrate google drive for a course, it demands authorization, and then warns: this will allow LTI to see, edit, create, delete all files.Is there a way to restrict that permission to only one folder, the one for the class?Thank you

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Please help. My Sandbox Home automatically tag the module page.I want to create/format my Home page. How to do it?Thank you on your future responses.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-04-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have FINALLY gotten my mastery path to work correctly, but now I continue to get a message that says, "mastery path still processing, refresh" when I hover over the next button.  I have to refresh the page two or three times.  Am I doing something ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I create a quiz that requires matching the values?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to understand quizzes, assignments, especially external tool ones. Looking at the county quiz (attached image), there is no "submission type" listed, and I can't see a link to the document. What might I be doing wrong? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

When I disable the Modules from the left navigation menu, the Modules menu is disappeared from the left menu which is fine. Though the Modules is disabled, I can see all the modules from the rest APIs. Is there a way to restrict the modules items of ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I copied the announcements from one canvas site to another; the announcements have a U instead of my profile picture. I know this happens when you copy the announcements but how do I force my profile picture to appear instead of the U? Thank you

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi All,We have an LTI tool that's being pointing towards one re-direct URIs.Let's say value is : https://domain.com/lti/auth/redirect (After LTI authentication, which will always redirect the user into our home page)But we do have other URL's for our...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a limit on video size to be uploaded in my courses? or is it related to the type of subscription plan? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi,My students werent able to see the contents which the instructor (myself) had uploaded for their course.Is there any reason why? Not just one but a few of them reported this error.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How I can meet virtually with my students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

@biray ‌

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can students submit their assignments on Canvas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can i merge course sections into one section within the course

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I've been using Google Chrome to browse Canvas for one and a half years now and it has been working just fine. However, when this semester started few weeks ago, I cannot access certain materials on Canvas such as Recording for all classes I've enrol...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I delete a group from a discussion assignment in the Group Set?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi,I am working on a development course (I made the course rather than it being populated in my account from the school)  to prepare for remote and hybrid instruction this year. I am new to Canvas and I am doing my due diligence to watch videos and t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Why are the Pages missing though I am notdeleting them?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is it possible to transfer already created google classroom lesson plans into Canvas or cut and paste them?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can the point value be edited when using New Quizzes. When building the quiz, if the correct point value is not given to the question at it's inception, there does not seem to be a way of editing it. I have "binned" many questions just because I ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-23-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi.  This is my first semester using ConferZoom.  I have my meetings set up, but when I go to Student View I get an error message.  Am I doing something wrong?  Starting to run out of time.  Help!  Thanks.  Jim

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I create a "Start Here" button on my home page as an instructor?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Our school is in the process of completing transactions to purchase the program.  I have been setting up my modules in a free account.  When the program if fully funded will my work be transferable to the schools version?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-03-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you add a link to a PowerPoint into an assignment you are creating?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

One of my students asked me if its possible to download the lecture recordings I have put into Media Gallery, do you know if this is possible? Thanks, Robert.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I finished building my first module.  I have a simple assignment in the module with a due date 2 weeks from now.  I created a student account so I could access the module and to make sure there were no problems..... I did the assignment (1 question i...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

What's the difference in "import course content" vs "import existing content"?  I want to show teachers how to share content they created in their course with each other.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When you embed the YouTube link and then press play the YouTube symbol appears on the bottom of the video. This allows you to click on it and go to YouTube. Isn't this not supposed to happen so the kids don't get into YouTube?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi everyone, I’m stumped - Is it possible to have weighted grades in a course that has different sections?  For example, I have a CT, MRI, and nonclinical section.  Students are assigned to a specific section. This is how I would like the weighting t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies