Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi everyone, I’m stumped - Is it possible to have weighted grades in a course that has different sections?  For example, I have a CT, MRI, and nonclinical section.  Students are assigned to a specific section. This is how I would like the weighting t...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am the teacher on my class. How do I add two more teachers so my aides can add stuff to canvas?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our PreK class of 20 kids has been split in Canvas between the two co-teachers. This is how they are split in our attendance program due to ratios. We are technically one classroom and would like to maintain only one Canvas classroom for all 20 kids ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Since the update a couple days ago, I am having serious problems linking content into student assignments.  I teach foreign language and I have audio files for students to use to practice listening, but I cannot link them into assignments.  I get a p...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Where can I find a SIMPLE, step-by-step guide to posting my power-point-plus-audio file to Canvas and/or Kaltura? I have taught two courses on Canvas and yet to do it properly, posting on YouTube (only 3 steps) instead.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

If courses are put into teacher dashboards through SIS integration is there a way to turn them off, or unpublish them, for students not to see all of them at the elementray level?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I retrieve my Canvas content from last semester?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I add my module link to the homepage. I want the students to be able to click "modules" from the home page without having to use the side bar. THANK YOU!!!!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I 've started to import from a Canvas course. Gotten all the way to the choose content page but no longer want to import. How to a stop or delete the process?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to add audio to a picture? For example, if I have a picture or a button and a student clicks on it, can it play an audio file. We are looking for ways for our students to click on pictures or buttons and it read the directions to them....

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you share a link to your course with someone?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can i make links at the top of a page to a lower part in the page?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! I am trying to add accordions and tabs to one of my pages, where do I find the Jump Menu located int he Design Tools Settings? I found a "How to" guide on how to add them to my pages but I am missing the step for how to find the Design Tool. T...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I send an email to the whole class?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

where do you find "parent corner" on your child's canvas account? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do i rearrange pages

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I looked at your guide for how to add a rubric to a discussion but for some reason my canvas discussions do not have that as an option.  What do I need to do?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi,I'm trying to create a group assignment, following directions from the guide.  I get to Select Group Set part of the process and create and name my groups.  Then when I try to "assign to" step and I type the name of any of the groups in the box, t...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Whether I've created it or not? Or do I just link to it?

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

From the dashboard the zoom meeting join tab redirects to a page that says unauthorized.  The only way I join zoom meeting is from zoom app.  Using a Samsung tab A

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to share a module with a colleague. How do I do this?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a question regarding 'formula' questions in Canvas quizzes (I'm using 'old' quizzes, but if there is a solution in new quizzed I'd be open to hearing it). The set of math functions available in Canvas formula questions is rather limited, which...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having difficulty finding a definite answer. 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My son only has 2 classes so far on the canvas dashboard. He is missing 4 classes on the dashboard. Do the teachers add the classes to the dashboard or is the student supposed to? What do I need to do to get the missing classes added?Thanks for your ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am not able to locate the button on the assignments page for YouTube and External Tools. Thank you,Kelsey

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello!I am a student that recently took an all multiple-choice exam on Canvas. Is "selecting an answer choice" and "Submit quiz" independent from one another? As in, if I select an answer choice before my quiz is auto-submitted, does it automatically...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Why is my computer not displaying the videos?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies