Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I'm having a hard time accessing turnitin, where is the dash board located so I can use it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My school will be using Canvas through clever for those students that choose online learning. I had students last year that said they could not access clever without some type of download. I do know one student in particular that I will have again th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We're trying to develop a way for students to view their grades outside of canvas and we need the user id of the student so that we can access the grades and display them. If we were to get the username and password of their canvas account or even ju...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi! I'm just taking my first steps with Canvas installations. I have too many questions about configuration files, but for now I wanna ask you where can I adjust the storage size for uploaded files. As you see (sorry, it's in spanish), it seems that ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I created an account with my school email prior to my school district adopting the program because I was interested in exploring it. However, will my current account merge easily once my district creates an account for me since I will need to use the...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to add additional notes about a student to their roster entry, like Senior, Junior, etc?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-30-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to mass import course level outcomes using a CSV file but if any of the words in the description field have an apostrophe, I get an error message saying "Not a valid utf-8 string"Is there a way to remedy this in the CSV document so that m...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Looking to save the video for the future.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I had several items entered within a Module.  Now they are gone. I didnt delete them.  I pressed the + icon to the left of the name of the Module to see if that would expand the category.  That didnt work.  Any other ideas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Are you still able to crosslist? Does your institution have the ability to turn it off and off?  If not, what is the best way to merge your sections?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can students leave a comment on a quiz/exam question during the exam? Is there a comment box that is available for them to do this? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi I have enrolled for my course. But canvas says I do not have any coursesScreenshot is given below:

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I delete a test grade to allow for a retake?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how to send emails to parents

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-03-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

After cross-listing your same courses, how do you just look at an individual course to see if the identical module is there or to change just one part that I do not want in a certain period?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I insert a printable syllabus?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have many courses attached to me as an elementary teacher.  Is there a way to use just my "Homeroom" course as a sort of launch page for the other courses?  In other words, can I create a link (button) to modules in the other courses?  I want to be...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am a Canvas Administrator for my school and am trying to add a teacher to a course, which is somethingI do all the time.  I have no idea what I clicked, but suddenly the icon to add people is gray and won't let me click.  The only option I have is ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Team,We have an API configured with Canvas talking to Perkins at the moment. We recently received and email from Canvas to action the below items. We are more concerned with this Transition your API URL to a legacy endpoint for your institution.  ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How can a student add a 12 minute video through Canvas so that I, the instructor, can view it? Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Somehow, my son's email is now attached to my account. I am unable to delete his email from my account. How do I fix this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am working on createing a canvas class before we 'go live' in ... October?. Teachers in our district have been advised that we will be using CANVAS this year and I am attempting to 'educate' myself before the actual training. I have been working on...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I duplicated an assignment and went to change the due date and got a message that "due date can not be after term end." It appears that the term end date was set incorrectly on my course. How do I get this changed, not sure who to contact.Thanks,Bria...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I change my name in Canvas? (I had previously legally changed my name and it has been updated with my school system but apparently not updated in Canvas)

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My problem is that when ever I attempt to take my final exam it sends me an error message (below) I amfollowing all  the steps of clearing my browser history and cache and  restarting my browser but I still am getting the same error message (sometime...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how do I download a a paper and send it to my instructor?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am an elementary school counselor what do I select as my role?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I need to download a video made using Kaltura in Canvas. I want to use the video in another video I am editing. I don't see any options to download the video to my PC. Help, please.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

If I create an assignment on Canvas, and have students submit a question via the "text entry" option, is there a way to combine all answers and review them together as one list of responses? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies