Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Can I link more than 1 module to a button on my homepage?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! I have a canvas course for students in grades K-5. I have create a section for each grade level. I was wondering if there was a way to limit pages to certain sections? i.e. I made a 5th grade page and only want students in the section "5th gra...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello,Please, I would like to know if the Certificate of Conclusion feature is available on the Self Hosted installations of Canvas. Thanks, Marcelo Silva.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a calendar linked to assignments on my Math course.  A few days ago, a student brought to my attention that all the numbers and buttons on the calendar show up as locks on her Student View.  When I checked my Student View, I saw several random...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want to add a "Was this page useful" assessment to each Page in a module. Is this possible? Or does assessment have to be standalone? Thanks!

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where do I find my badge of completion?  I completed the courses.  is it the badge that appears when I sign in

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I think I'm pushing the boundaries of what the "peer review" function on Discussions can do.I have assigned students to post to two students in class as peer review.  I then instructed each student to respond to their peer reviewers.  I'm uncertain w...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a new sign on for this school year? I can't get my daughter into canvas to do her work

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

There needs to be a way that a teacher can upload a PDF under assignments that then allows the students to edit on top of said PDF.  Kind of like filling out a form.  It needs to be easier for the little ones to do instead of downloading and uploadin...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have integrated FlipGrid into my Canvas class, but I can't see all the FlipGrid icons for usage when I'm recording. I've tried maximizing my screen and I just can't see all the tools to finish my own recording. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We have a grade level course, but individual teacher homerooms within the course. How can I set my notifications (or can I) to receive only my homeroom's notifications and submissions? I am seeing all 88 students submissions and notifications! Please...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

On my computer, I am unable to open my work and syllabuses. But when I login to canvas on my phone, it works perfectly fine. Do you think that my laptop may be the problem?I'm hoping this can be fixed because I prefer to work on laptop. It is easier ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,I have been creating my lectures on Adobe captivate and using the HTML 5 files. I load these to canvas and create a link for students to open in a  new tab to watch lectures. Since 8/31/20 my videos no longer loads. It gets stuck in a spinning ...

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I tried to insert a YouTube link into one of my announcements yesterday and it no longer gives me the option to have it embedded just when I insert a link using the rich text editor. Has something changed? Is there a way to re-enable this? I have rec...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

After searching I couldn't find the Canvas guide or rules relating to simultaneous assignment editing. Our college has many quality assurance workers who go through our courses for various reasons, making edits as they see fit. If two people are edit...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'm trying to help out a fellow instructor who has broken links in her course after copying a module from one section to the other.  Nothing works, not even links to material stored on Google Drive which shouldn't care which course is accessing it as...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In GRADEBOOK I have categories that I want to delete (For example, QUIZ, TEST, ASSIGNMENT, HOMEWORK).  I cannot find the location to edit and delete these.  Can anyone help?

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am an instructional coach, speaking for multiple teachers at multiple grade levels in my school.  Students are submitting assignments, both from Google LTI and within the Canvas platform, and they are not showing up on the teacher end to be able to...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How does a student see who is the leader for their group? This doc doesn't really answer the question: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Student-Guide/How-do-I-manage-groups-as-a-student-group-leader/ta-p/473

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When you ask Zoom to automatically record and "save to cloud," which cloud is it? I want to save my Zoom videos for students who miss meetings, but I don't have space in my personal iCloud. Thanks.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Starting today my students can't see their original assignment prompt once I have graded it. It only shows them the submission details. I want students to be able to go back and resubmit the assignment after my feedback, but they can't see the instru...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I designed the first quiz with 2 attempts.  But the students who wanted to take it a second time were denied.I had to go into New Quiz, click on Settings, and choose Allow Multiple Attempts.  We have to put it in twice for EACH QUIZ.  

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,If there is an an assignment in the "Assignments" section on the instructor view, how do I make sure it gets put into the Modules for students? I have Chapter Review Quizzes and Inquizitive showing up in "Assignments" on the Instructor view but...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm getting a handful of student submissions that, in Speedgrader, show the following message: "This file contains HTML and cannot be previewed. Please download to view."  However, when I try to download the file, I am unable to.  I had a student sha...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 13 Likes
  • 36 Replies

HELP! I accidentally checked the "apply grades for missing submissions" box and it was set to 100%. Now all my students have perfect scores on assignments they didn't turn in. How can I fix it back to how it was? Now everyone in my classes thinks the...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I open my grade book on Canvas, the settings icon does not appear behind the search bar.  How can I access my grade book settings?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anyone know if there are plans to eliminate Classic Quizzes and move solely to New Quizzes?We have a lot of faculty who have done HTML coding to "beautify" their Canvas Classic Quizzes and they don't want to lose that or put forth more effort if...

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Is Canvas planning to implement anything that will show a comment has been posted on an assignment?  I like to respond to student quizzes with a comment acknowledging how they did.  I post the comments as students submit assessments.  However, I cann...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a teacher who is unable to have students annotate on a PDF, the option is grayed out.  However, I created an assignment in one of my demo courses and a demo student (that is really me with a gmail address)  was able to the annotate.  The teach...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was in the  middle of changing a due date for an assignment. Several students had entered the assignment before I finished the change. Now they have and incomplete assignment submitted for grading. How do I unlock the assignments for these students...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies