Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I cannot get a file to open in DocViewer. It is a HTLM file and when I open to grade the gray docviewer bar is not there. It also says it is read only. ,

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I would like to make my announcements living on my home page.  How do I do this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-30-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I copy a bitmoji scene in google drive into canvas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Two of us have accidently been working off the same Sandbox Course. For instance we have the same Home page. Can anyone explain how to make a copy of a course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I add a slide from my google drive through the external tool, I received this message:Your LTI tool has been misconfigured, please contact your institution's Canvas Admin.This did not occur on my personal computer, but now that I am working on m...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I accidentally cross-listed backwards... I put my custom-made parent class into one of the pre-loaded courses, when I wanted to do the reverse.  Now, my parent class is no longer visible in "all courses" and I can't figure out how to undo what I did....

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-03-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I logged into Canvas as a student to take a course about building a canvas course from my district.  Now I'm stuck logged in as a student and can't figure out how to switch.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi there!How long is the Passport to Canvas Grades 6-12 course? Thank you.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I attach a file to assignments?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I remove the color overlay from a course on the dashboard so I can add a picture?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-07-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

If two or three teachers are teaching the same grade in elementary school, each with their own course, is there a way to share content, so that they don't each have to create everything individually, but can collaborate more?Thank you!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Are there any Industrial Technology teachers using Canvas? If so, I'd love to pick your brains about best practices, setup... As obviously I am new here!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How long can an audio comment created in Speedgrader be?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to make a math assignment in which my kids can answer using KAMI. How do I do that ?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am working through KCS Connect 101 5.4 "How to Start a Team Meeting". The "task" was to make an assignment and link to microsoft teams.  From the video on How to start a microsoft meeting, the presenter shows us how to set up the meeting with "meet...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I know how students can record a video or voice, but can they take a photo of their work to be posted directly into their assignment or discussion - without needing to take a photo and go through steps to upload (for example taking a photo in Google ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

PowerSchool automatically creates a Canvas course for each of our classes but it puts students in the same subject into a course together. Normally that's great because I post 99% of the same thing to all classes in the same subject. Unfortunately th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do you create a "Sand Box"?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I've been working on my online class all summer, but it won't be 100% done in time for fall. The first 1/3 is completely ready and I intend to work on the rest as the semester goes on. What's the best way to copy the course into other sections witho...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Im new to canvas and I used my school canvas of course. When I logged in, It asked for my number and a verification code. I entered my number and got a code sent to my phone. I entered the code and signed me out asking to sign in to verify its me and...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have placed weights on my course assignments, discussions, etc. previously but am at a loss to remember how I did it.It must be simple because I can find no references to explain the procedure.  Thanks for any and all help.  Lori

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I got all the way through the Canvas guide but the last step is not correctly labeled and I think that's my issue. See screen shots. What goes in that field?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to cross list courses to make Parent/Child courses--all one section.  Does my courses have to be published in order to complete this task?  My school has not published our courses yet; they are just sitting on my homepage.  Help!Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how to make a sandbox for myself ? I don't have one and I need it .

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I edit my profile to add a picture and biographical information? In the free user account, there is an option to do it. Now that I got my institution´s canvas account, I have no access to that option. Could you please help me?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I delete a module?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

At Brown, we use Canvas as our learning management system and Tableau for data visualizations.Has anyone found a way to embed Tableau visualizations within Canvas where instructors only see their courses and students? I found the following article on...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am brand new to Canvas and I don't want to set up in a way that will be confusing for my students and parents.  Last Spring I organized Google Classroom classwork by subject, though I saw others who organized by day.  I'm curious how teachers who h...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I add a Canvas course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies