Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Is there the ability to sync my canvas calendar to my iCloud or Outlook calendar? That would me extremely helpful for keeping track of assignments. It's very tedious inserting them individually. 

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I still have the crossed out eye icon next to my announcements. My course is published, the announcements are not disabled in the navigation list, and I did not delay the announcement.Please help!

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is there a way to increase the text size of captions/subtitles?  They are very small and difficult to read.I couldn't find any articles that spoke to whether this adjustment is possible, only how to turn them on.https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Stu...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello... I downloaded a shell for a psychology course and it seems I have to individually choose a usage right for each individual image.  There are hundreds of them in the course and they cannot be published so my students can see them unless this i...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,I was wondering if anybody else was having issues with file preview working on their account. No matter which platform (PC, Mac) or browser I use, no preview shows up for any type of file.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I locate a recorded class?  Please let me know.  Thank you.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello everyone,I'm quite new to Canvas so I apologize if this question has already been answered elsewhere. I am working in a course shell to familiarize myself with the content and tried to create a custom homepage that my students will see when the...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why - right before the start of the term - has Instructure FUNDAMENTALLY CHANGED HOW CANVAS WORKS!?!?!?I am RIGHT in the middle of building my courses, and all of a sudden I have to re-learn where the command is to link to a new image. The calls to v...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have 2 children in the same class.  They both were receiving emails from their teacher through Canvas, but now my younger daughter is not getting any emails from her teacher through Canvas, but my older daughter is.  They have the exact same settin...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is it possible to make a module that has 4 required items in it and 2 optional items in it?  Especially if the required ones should be done sequentially?   It seems that the module requirement options can be either ALL items (6, in the above example)...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Good afternoon, everyone! I hope you are all doing well.I have run into a snag when some of my students go to turn in an "External Tool" assignment that uses the Google Cloud.For my students that finish more quickly, they have no problem hitting the ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I use student groups for grading group assignments but I was unsure about something. If I have students in a group for an assignment and the assignment is turned in (not graded yet), could I change the groups for students to work in for another assig...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I was working on making question bank questions in a Canvas sandbox. When I imported the quizzes into a new course, the pictures do not show up when viewing as a student. I did not import the files into the new course until today. I have been trouble...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a coworker who said she used Canva (the online platform, not CanvaS) to do some animated banners and buttons. I cannot figure out for the life of me how to do that. The only thing I can figure out is making a video, but then it doesn't auto-pl...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Good afternoon!  I am an instructor who has used Canvas for several years.  This year, I am not able to access Speedgrader through individual assignments as I have in the past.  The notification to grade the assignment shows up on my dashboard (I can...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Our district is currently in a hybrid education model where half of the students come on, what we call, A Day and the other half of the students come on B Day.  Teachers asked how they can put their students in sections or Groups in order to give dif...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I hate canvas..... I just hate this program. I spend all night getting my class ready to rock. I literally login as multiple students to check that every assignment is working on the student app for the ipad and everything works great..... . Until I ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We're new to canvas this year, and have received a few requests, specifically from special ed teachers and one on one aides, for how to monitor their students in other classes. Is there a best practice for this? Originally we were thinking about maki...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to totally disable grade book? 

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I accidentally synced an assignment to synergy under the wrong assignment group. Now I cannot edit the assignment in synergy or delete it. I have tried editing the assignment group on both the synergy and canvas sides but it will not change the assig...

• 1 Likes
  • 18 Replies

How do I jazz up my Home Page?  I have the modules there now, but I'd like to add some art or a graphic.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I return an unfinished Google Cloud assignment to a student? I see that the student has submitted their Google slide for grading but it's not complete and I want to send it back to them to finish it. 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to find a way to updated my name on my parent Canvas account.  It does not seem to allow editing.  Does anyone know how I can get this updated. 

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a chormebook laptop and am at the University of Texas at Arlington in the masters of social work program. I just started and am having trouble downloading the attachment on the course page that an instructor has posted under the syllabus icon....

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Will the Slip-n-slide add on for google slides work while using Canvas similar to how it work in Google Classroom?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can you share a module with just a small group of students, and not the whole class?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I've created a quiz and want to clone it into several other canvas courses... I know I can go into each course and add content from the source class... but it would be much easier (=fewer clicks/brower changes) if I could stay within the source/paren...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an assessment in one module and I want to duplicate that same assessment for another module but it is within the same course.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My students discovered that while taking a quiz, they were not able to access files and videos in the files and media gallery tabs. But once they finished the quiz, they had access again. I did not want this to be the case or was expecting it to happ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am having an issue with Canvas Calendar communicating student appointments to my Google Calendar feed. This is a new issue, and was working up until a couple of weeks ago. I use the appointment group scheduler function to schedule out my office hou...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies