Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do you create a "Sand Box"?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-30-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I've been working on my online class all summer, but it won't be 100% done in time for fall. The first 1/3 is completely ready and I intend to work on the rest as the semester goes on. What's the best way to copy the course into other sections witho...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Im new to canvas and I used my school canvas of course. When I logged in, It asked for my number and a verification code. I entered my number and got a code sent to my phone. I entered the code and signed me out asking to sign in to verify its me and...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have placed weights on my course assignments, discussions, etc. previously but am at a loss to remember how I did it.It must be simple because I can find no references to explain the procedure.  Thanks for any and all help.  Lori

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I got all the way through the Canvas guide but the last step is not correctly labeled and I think that's my issue. See screen shots. What goes in that field?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to cross list courses to make Parent/Child courses--all one section.  Does my courses have to be published in order to complete this task?  My school has not published our courses yet; they are just sitting on my homepage.  Help!Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how to make a sandbox for myself ? I don't have one and I need it .

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I edit my profile to add a picture and biographical information? In the free user account, there is an option to do it. Now that I got my institution´s canvas account, I have no access to that option. Could you please help me?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I delete a module?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

At Brown, we use Canvas as our learning management system and Tableau for data visualizations.Has anyone found a way to embed Tableau visualizations within Canvas where instructors only see their courses and students? I found the following article on...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am brand new to Canvas and I don't want to set up in a way that will be confusing for my students and parents.  Last Spring I organized Google Classroom classwork by subject, though I saw others who organized by day.  I'm curious how teachers who h...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I add a Canvas course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi there,May I get help to set up a course in Myopenmath ,to use in Canvas?.I already found different videos,but those are actually not helpful that much .Those videos actually explaining to set up a new course with inbuilt resources,but I couldn't f...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I used Redirect to add some apps, but I forgot to change the name for one of them and now I have a course navigation link title "Redirect Tool" I know I can hide it from students, but it bugs me to see it there. Is there any way to delete a link, or ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I have inserted a table on a page.  I have icons/buttons inside the table.  The icons are hyperlinked to resources/urls.  I want the icons to open in a new window.  So far I have found that I can force words that are hyerlinked to open in a new windo...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I would like to know how to vary assignment specifics given to groups of students such that each group gets the same overview assignment but with a different detail to work on. The way i did this in Blackboard was to create and number the groups and ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm configuring a self-hosted canvas lms install and need to add the chat feature. According to the documentation this is an external app developed by instructure. I seached in eduApps but doesnt appear available to install. Is the chat app open sour...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

All of the icons changed since I started building a course last year.  How do I embed something from an outside sources?  For example, I made a thinglink and I can't figure out how to embed it in my page for my students.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello.I would like to add an existing rubric to a Discussion. When I select Add Rubric and then Find Rubric, the rubric I'm looking for does not display in the list. If I click Manage Rubrics, the rubric appears in the list of rubrics that displays. ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I currently have a sandbox but that was the one used for training and summer school.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Continued: If it is going to cause a problem, would canceling my free account help? And, how doe I do this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do you bulk download essay question responses?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am setting up classes for our small school in CST. The courses are set up as CST, where our office is, but one of our teachers is in MST, and her profile is set up as MST. When she inputs office hours, will they be in her time zone - MST, or will t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-10-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can a teacher archive an old course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Unable to add an assignment from Calendar. Tutorial tells me I should see something like in the attachment. What I DON'T see on my screen is the option under 'event' to choose 'assignment' or 'assignment group'. I simply don't have that option. Solut...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am looking to add Classlink to the course navigation. We are using it as the SAML for Canvas. I want students to be able to access it from the course navigation for easy use. I went to settings, apps, view app configurations, and add app. I thought...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to assign groups for a quiz, or for a whole module?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Within modules...How do I include an icon or other visual in a text header?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am viewing quiz action logs and need to download the entire action log for a quiz for a single student. How do I do this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies