Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I am giving an exam in Canvas.  Using the moderate this quiz.  After a period of time the color of the student name changes.  Is this timed? or is it an indication of their progress in the quiz?Also, I allow 1 attempt.  Some are on the first attempt,...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to change the default mic and webcam for media comments, so I do not have to change it every time I want to record a comment?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

kaltura not listed in settings -> navigation?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-27-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear Folks,Hope you are doing well. This is what we found out: when we restore the deleted user by changing their status in user.csv from “deleted” to “active”, their previous course enrollment is not restored automatically.Is there a better way to s...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I add an app to my course?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where do I find the welcome to home page to create the page. the tutorial is not helpful

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

what is the phone number for support

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I change the 'CANVAS' logo to my own logo (School logo)?Thanks,

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Where can I, as a student see my own analytics?  Like how long it took me to complete a course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I edit from imported content to make a welcome page?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

New editor and Math equations

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Could you please tell me how to add columns to my grade book and then assign a percentage for each category such as participation, quizzes, homework, tests, final exam?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how do I change the name on a course?  I am using my district's template and my course name says "Template" I want it to say First Grade

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am band new to canvas.  My goal is to set up a sample class for my teachers so they can see what it looks like and how to navigate.  I am lost on where to start

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to post a discussion in a Canvas event. How do I find the event? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do you get Speed grader to show up mark-up (annotation stuff) My shows this

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi. I created a test student assignment and want to annotate and mark up the test student response. I can not find where the annotation tools are located on my computer. Can you help me please?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to embed questions in a reading passage that is uploaded into the Rich Content Editor?  I do not want it to be a quiz, just short answer reading comprehension questions.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Greetings,Using "old" quizzes, anyone have a cool workaround to set up a guiz with 10 questions that are auto answered and letting students choose 8 out of the 10 to answer? The only way I have worked this out is by creating the quiz, for example, wi...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I add a Zoom meeting within Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have buttons with links set up on my homepage. I typed in alt. text, but the immersive reader is not reading the alt text. It's just reading the http link code. Ideas on what I've done wrong? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can record with the app, but the 'stop' feature, or even the 'pause' feature doesn't function. It keeps recording until I close lid on my computer to stop the process. ???

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you insert or embed an instructional video from youtube?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I set up a link for a webex meeting in a module?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to unlock a module for a single student so she can proceed to the next module

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a program through Canvas that would identify and disseminate best practices for design high-quality courses at the elementary, middle, high school, and higher education level? Is there a rubric or scoring tool that could be use to evaluate t...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I went and edited 2 tests for students to make up the test today and it erased everyone else grade?  How can you retrieve the grades????

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We have been building questions banks for quizzes.  We are now told that we must use the new quiz format.  What we are trying to do is migrate out old question banks to the new question bank.  Is there a way to do this?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In the People tab in my course, the email details of my students don't appear under Log in ID or anywhere.  When I added students, I added their emails.  How do I find their email addresses?  (This is my own course, not a university's where the stude...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies