Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Students uploaded videos to an assignment on Canvas.  I watched the videos, make comments, graded them through speed grader and now everything is gone.  All sections of the courses videos are gone as well as all grades???

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have not been able to upload the assignments on Canvas. I get this error message every time I try to submit the assignment. I have to submit the assignment either as a PDF for one subject and by scanning using Adobe Scan & saving it as a file for o...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My son is a student using Canvas. He has multiple Google accounts and, therefore, Google Drives, one account from the school and one personal account. We realized that some documents are getting created in his school Google Drive and others in his pe...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

What is the largest size quiz you can create and obtain the data from it?  I recently created a 150 question quiz in order to test students endurance as their licensure exam may be 145 questions.  I cannot see the item analysis statistics and can onl...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am a very new user, and our students start CDL in two days.I have posted assignments, discussions, and quizzes, as well as calendar events. Everything shows up in the calendar, except for the quizzes. Do I have to do something special to make the q...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

After enrolling in a class, how long does it take to show in your dashboard on Canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I go to grade an assignment on SpeedGrader, I get a screen that says "No Preview Available."  I know the students have turned the assignment in, but I am unable to see it, grade it, or comment on it.  This hasn't happened on all assignments, jus...

• 1 Likes
  • 14 Replies

If I give an assignment a grade of incomplete in Speed Grader, does that assignment remain on the student's to do list until it receives a grade of complete?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hey there, When I access the calendar on my institution's instance, I don't see the "appointment group" tab. Only the "Event" and "assignment" tabs show.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a Canvas power user, that is I compose many pages for my modules. A feature I assume supposedly makes life easy for me is actually very, very annoying. Each time I want to create a new page for a module, Canvas tells me it has "found autosaved c...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How does a student view the recording of the Lesson that was taught on a day they missed?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Are parents able to join or observe class via zoom without their name or picture being visible to the class?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is the Parent/Observer view on their Account the same as their child's?  In other words are the parent and the student looking at exactly the same Canvas? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to run a report that would allow me to see a student's missing assignments from all courses?  Currently I know how to run a report for each individual course, but I'm hoping there's a way to view them all at once.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

All assignments are not syncing to skyward.  Yes I've checked all the settings and it's not just one class.  I don't have time for support to chat but I need the fix asap.  Like in one class I have 6 grades sync but I have 7 in another class and 5 in...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hey,I had a system that worked perfectly for me. Now they are asking me to change it.If you want to learn to ride a bike, don't watch a video. That is what every video about Canvas does. A lot of talking, no showing.I have spent 10 plus hours on this...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I've been experiencing an issue beginning earlier today regarding my courses-- three of them have been completely wiped from my Dashboard, To-Do List, and all other areas.     The missing classes are not appearing under the "All Courses" op...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I needed to adjust the due date for one student to complete an assignment, which I know how to do, but for some reason I messed it up today.  I changed the assignment for everyone, but most of the kids had already turned it in.  How do I get back to ...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

how  do i publish my course

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I am a building substitute which means that I am in the same school everyday. Sometimes I am the same teacher for a whole day and other times I am multiple teachers in a single day. Therefore I have access to multiple teachers Canvas Course pag...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

My district is using Canvas, Class Notebook (which is connected to the students in Canvas), and Teams.  Can I connect the Class Notebooks that have already been created for students in Canvas to their Class Notebook in Teams?  My students and I reall...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In one of my courses, I have created eight groups in which small numbers of students can work on projects together.  I am automatically included as the instructor, which (apparently) means I am copied in on their communications.  How do I remove myse...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a student who claims "the tab locked me out after question 2" and is asking to be given a second attempt on a higher-stakes, summative quiz that is set for only one attempt.  Is there a legitimate reason why this might have happened? Or is thi...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I created a slideshow for my students and posted it as an assignment.  It is my understanding that each student would get their own copy of the slideshow if I assigned it through the Google Drive Cloud external tool.  My question is how do I access t...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have "inherited" supporting Canvas.  How do I find out who our CSM is and their contact information?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm a college student who uses Canvas for my classes. When I paste the Calendar Feed URL from Canvas into my Google Calendar, it automatically syncs all of my course calendars into Google Calendar. I'd like to be able to customize which courses I see...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So I am trying to add a rubric to an external tool assignment and I have read the below comment from canvas staff. However, I am trying to integrate Pivot Interactive, which does in fact work. However, there is no way to add in a rubric. Even if I us...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi:I made a recording early this afternoon on Canvas Conferences (13:13 UK time) and as of 17:08, it has not uploaded.  Is there a backlog of these in the system?  It has never taken more than a couple of hours before this.  I am a bit worried, as a ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a student.Whenever I try to join any zoom class on my PC, it simply takes me to a lank screen. It works fine on my ipad. Video example included.https://mail.google.com/mail/u/2?ui=2&ik=94413d11e6&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-a:r-8678500352126803043&t...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Greetings!Not sure I have experienced this...I have quizzes and examinations which only allow one attempt. This is in addition to other assignments which allow multiple attempts (for practice).A recent quiz given to over 80 students showed that every...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies