Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

A student sent a message to multiple tutors on our team in Canvas but it looked like the message was sent to us individually. This creates an issue because quite a few of us responded back to the student, not knowing that someone else already respond...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

i am an adjunct teaching medical terminology in the Canvas arena for the first time. Since I usually teach this class face-to-face, i need some ideas on how to get started.  What is the best way to show/teach the students this information in the onli...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

In order to decimal align values in a table I had used &#8199; the Unicode character for FIGURE SPACE, but RCE turns this into a space. Is there a reason not to preserve the actual character that the user entered?Entering in HTML mode:<p>The numeric ...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When using the collaboration feature in Canvas, is it possible for the teacher to link a pre-made document for students to collaborate on? Instead of having them create the collaborative document themselves, can I import one that I have made for them...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The new elementary theming in Feature Options works on a web browser, but it does not appear on the #canvasapp for my students. It is still the old font. If I'm the only one who sees it, that isn't very helpful. Is there something I'm missing?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why doesn't anyone show up in my class roster?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

HELP NeededI am confused as to the set up of CanvasI have a dashboard with a course I set up in Canvas in training I put modules in it.When can I put a real course in it and how do I get my prepared lessons in it

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am taking the canvas designing a lesson class. The first thing it asks me to do is access my sandbox by clicking on "Courses" and select "Sandbox Course" I click on Courses and there is no Sandbox course there? The only Sandbox I have is one tile u...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I add and image to my course card?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I know we can see hits to a page, however, is there a way to see which students looked at that page? When, how long, etc without having to go student by student?One page has 1.8k views with 1k participation (250 students).Would like to know who went ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how to import youtube videos

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I post an image on my homepage with multiple links to that image? Can I paste images over an image? I have a bitmoji classroom that I'd like to use, with the post-it-notes on the right side to be links to my pages, but I cannot figure out how...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I was taking the Growing with Canvas/K-12 HE class and while I was away from my computer, my grandchildren got on my computer and unenrolled me from the class. Now when I try to re-enroll, I get a message "there was an error processing your enrollmen...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Today I'm having trouble posting my initial reply in the discussion post for my class. When I click on the post reply icon nothing happens. I've refresh the page and try to complete the task on a different internet browser. Is it possible for the dis...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good Afternoon:  I am trying to get to see my upcoming schedule, how do I get there?Thank you, 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

To whom it may concern, I have recently organized my class for the fall in Canvas and am having an issue with the settings. In the navigation tab, I have everything that I want the students to see for the class.  The “Modules” section is one of them....

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I created a cloud assignment with a google doc, I saw this message when I went to student view:Log InYou need to authorize this integration in order to use it.Please sign in to your Google account and authorize this integration.What step did I m...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I made a Google Assignment using the LTI. But when students complete it, it isn't removed from their to do list. Any idea why this is happening? IS this an issue on the Admin end, or perhaps I am making a mistake on my end.Thank you

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I unpublish my training course, Growing with canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I get to my inbox?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

There are various PDFs attached within my online orientation course, and they show no preview on the page. When I click on the PDF's title, it gives me three options: download, log in, or sign up. When I click download, nothing happens. When I click ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello!I see how Canvas is such a valuable resource, however, I have a concern.  Are there other districts out there that utilize Canvas for their Title 1 Reading teachers?  If yes, how does Canvas look for your Title 1 teachers in a K-3 setting?Thank...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I am posting a google slide presentation on my canvas page, and then try to look at is using student view, it is blocked and says this:You need to authorize this integration in order to use it.Please sign in to your Google account and authorize ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I created a Graded Survey in my Canvas module, mostly using Essay Questions. I included General Answer Comments after each question because I want students to submit their ideas and then see my answers and feedback right away. However, when I test th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In "View Course Analytics"... what counts towards "Participations"?

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'm not sure what I need to do but I am seeing a "Launch External Tool" button on the Ipad in student view instead of the actual video, doc, etc. Any suggestions?  Thank you!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Where can one find a tutorial for importing a test bank from a publisher (Human Kinetics) to Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do i enable a page that has been disabled

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I saw release notes saying that this feature is available, but I don't actually see a place to do this in the admin dashboard. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-28-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I imported material from my 19-20 course and can't change the due dates on assignments. How do I fix that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-28-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies