Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I have several ELL students, two of which speak no English at all.  They are very bright students and they want to succeed in my course.  I am trying to find out how (if possible) to have Canvas translate my course work into Spanish from English.   T...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to create an image where I can overlay other images on top/in front so I can link those specific images to external links rather than only being able to link the single image to a single external link. I can't figure out a way to do it; I trie...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to create an image where I can overlay other images on top/in front so I can link those specific images to external links rather than only being able to link the single image to a single external link. I can't figure out a way to do it; I trie...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Two ThingsI'm having students submit pdf copies of my drawing assignments, (no problem).  I am able to download if necessary to view, etc. (no problem).  Since going virtual last semester, I have been able to use the markup tools on the screen to; hi...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created an assignment and differentiated it using the groups feature. One student did the assignment in her assigned group and submitted it, however it shows that submission for ALL members in the group, when they didn't do it yet. I am worried tha...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to draft a message to students and have it send at a later time. Is that something I can do via inbox? 

• 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Apparently Grade Sync has been updated and it no longer with sync with PowerTeacher Pro. Mine worked flawlessly until last Friday. Now I have had to go back and reset everything up under the new GradeSync page (formerly Monitoring and Reporting) and ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If I have an old module in an unpublished course can I delete the module from my published course?  I hate having to see all of the modules that have been created and I am only in the 4th week of school. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a parent that can't remember her username for Canvas. What should she do to get it?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there any quick way to delete all students that I have added in a group set?I used to look for the names of each student in a group set and delete them one by one, which takes a long time.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have videos embedded on Canvas from Microsoft Stream.  I can't get the Stream videos to work on iPhones regardless of what settings I change.Has anyone else experienced this?  Is there a solution?Many thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello experts,I am an IT developer planning to build some analytics out of canvas data and blend it with other reports from Peoplesoft Campus solution. I need a dev/test version of the canvas application with sample data from where i can extract enro...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi community, This question may have been asked already. I am trying to un-enroll students in bulk from a section using a CSV file. Can someone help me with the content of the enrolment.csv or share with me what file I should be using? Thank you!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Greetings,Has anyone set up the Microsoft Teams Meetings App for Learning Management Systems (LMS) on a self-hosted canvas environment? I am having the hardest time tracking down documentation on it. Chrisitan C

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

First, am I correct that if I use the available until feature for setting up my discussions then students should still be able to view such discussions after said date, but will no longer be able to post to the discussion?Second, when I have been usi...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My school district has Zoom integrated with Canvas so we create meetings in Canvas and they are sent to our students' Calendars and Inboxes. Is there a way to turn OFF the feature that automatically sends the creation/editing/deletion of meetings to ...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Has anyone seen this? I teach Spanish, and I see this frequently in this student's answers when there is an open ended section. Is this indicative of translator usage?:Add to PhrasebookNo word lists for Spanish -> English...Create a new word list...C...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am no longer able to send an attachment to my students in the Canvas email. Can this be fixed?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I remove a module pre-requisite for just one student?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, community! Nice new space we got here. Great view, lots of room   Anyway, I have a faculty member who has uploaded Articulate presenter files in his course. They have the HTML5 version as an option. When you try to view the file, the audio do...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I would like Teachers to be able to view the "Options" icon (three vertical dots on the right-hand side of the screen) in "People" so that they can do things like manage Sections for their courses and more quickly access students' Access Reports. I h...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am looking for tips for how to setup campus administrators so that they can view classes, individual students, create and share content, etc. For example, what is the best way for a counselor to create a "Counselor Corner" course that can be shared...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can Skyward sync both co-teachers on Canvas? I have Primary and Alternate. Somebody please email me. I'm the Office Manager at a Dual Language Elementary School.Thank youcampos.a@wenatcheeschools.org

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

WHAT IS AN EXTERNAL TOOL? WHERE DO I GET IT?WHAT DOES IT DO?WHY AM I BEING DENIED ACCESS TO IT?IE: External Tool Content Can't be PreviewedIn order to use this resource in Canvas, the external tool must be installed.

• 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Hi,  every time I sync Canvas to Powerschool my grades are posted in Powerschool as points.  We use percentages.  Then for each assignment in each class, I have to go in and manually change from points to percentages.  Is there a fix for this?  Thank...

• 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am an instructor and I have a student who says they logged in and took my final exam. She says she submitted the exam. From all records I see on my end she never logged in to Canvas never mind accessed or submitted my exam. Does anyone know if ther...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We found today that if you have question groups set up in Quizzes with File Upload type questions you have to go to Quiz Statistics to download all submissions one question at a time - from that group - there is no "Download all submissions" like nor...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Looking for an answer key to the Travel Journal Notes that students can use going through modules to assist some of my lower level students as they meet with support staff...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anyone know if you are able to limit who students can send a message to using the inbox? We would really like to only have them be able to send messages to teachers and not to each other. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all, new to the group. We are slowly moving from Moodle to Canvas and I have a question about formal online exams. In Moodle, I often found myself overiding the exam start time for students located in other countries which was fairly simple and I ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies