Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I was part of an online training through University of Texas this spring and have an account.  My district is now transitioning to Canvas as our LMS. Will the same login work for me as a teacher?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi there,Does anyone know how to remove/hide the view grades option on the dashboard? Thanks.Paul.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Folks,We're trying to import a number of vendor provided content which are in the thin cc format (which is great!) The items import correctly but they come in as external tool links which are not gradeable. This means that when a student completes...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am an offshore international student who just enrolled for Semester 2. I finished sorting out my timetable however, my canvas is displaying the following message: "You are not enrolled in any courses". Is there generally a delay in the courses show...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-23-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I add a page under a page?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I enter exam results into Canvas when the exam has not taken place in Canvas? I have an assessment that is 40% and 60% exam, the assignment was done and marked through Canvas and those results are now in Canvas. The exam is a paper based exam so ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do you insert a powerpoint file to canvas page?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I have a duplicate quiz which has transferred from Blackboard. One has a white rocket and the other has a black rocket. Can you please advice what is the difference? I only want to publish one version to the students.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to get the total days of attendance on each student at the end of a semester. Is that feature available? If it is, where can I find it? If not, can Canvas make that feature in the next version? I have to report the total days/hours of attendan...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am creating activities for online learning using google slides. I used hyperlinks attached to images on my slides for students to move from one slide to another and back again.  It all seems to work right in google slides but when I put it in Canva...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm brainstorming a tool for our web development class that would allow students to practice HTML within a Canvas page. The format would be they would enter some html in a textarea, and see their parsed html right below it. I've included a mockup ima...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why can't I access my recent learning course anymore? I haven't been issued a certificate yet.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I create a new global navigation link?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Math WidgetsOur platform is being closed and we are moving our math classes onto Canvas.  We are losing access to the math widgets that were available on the old platform.  Does anyone know where we can get math widgets such as an expression builder,...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I used my school email address to create a free teacher canvas account and classes and now my school has purchased the full version and will be using that same school email address.  Will this delete my already created classes in my free canvas accou...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I  am trying to add a course and I  don't have the add course button underneath my To-Do list column. How do I  get that button?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My module button has been deactivated and the students are not able to see the modules.  How can I make it DEACTIVATE?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When attempting to create an assignment from a OneDrive file, I agree to the access of my account and there are no files available.  Any idea what the issue might be?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can anyone provide instructions on how to integrate the OWL homework from Cengage into Canvas?Thanks in advanceTom OlmsteadGrossmont College

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Will there, or better yet, can there be a feature that allows you to print off a copy of a Quiz that you create for students to use?  I have been printing from the Preview screen, but I am sure there has to be a better way to make a better method.  T...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is SeeSaw linked to Canvas as an LTI?   Our district is using both, and it would be so helpful if students can connect right to SeeSaw while in Canvas.Joanne Yanchickjoanne.yanchick@tasd.net

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-28-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi everyone, I am currently in the process of installing Google Analytics in my institution's Canvas instance; however, I am aware that some aspects of Google Analytics are blocked in China. I was wondering if anyone in this community has installed G...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to embed an interactive google slide in to Canvas where students can enter their answers? Example: Daily Math Review. I don't want to give this as a quiz but as a way for students to complete a review each day.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Where do I find information to get started as an Art  teacher new to canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-21-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Where can i find last semester grades

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

No option to add a rubric to my discussion assignment. I have some discussion assignments I've created for my course. I have checked the box for them to be graded and have assigned points, but the option to add a rubric is not present when I click on...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-17-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hi Everyone!  I have yet another Canvas question.  When you are using the same course from semester to semester and you have discussions from the students, how do you delete the student discussions from one semester to the other, and NOT delete the d...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-22-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I unlock pages so my students can view?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies