Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I find no "edit" button in any of the screens I open.  I cannot edit my profile, upload files, or anything, Why?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Has anyone had students not being able to see jpeg images in Canvas when using an Apple device (MacBook, etc?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I move a module from one course to another?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-27-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am coming from Google Classroom, and so far there is one feature I haven't figured out how to replicate in Canvas. Sometimes when a student was stuck on an assignment, I could click on their version of the assignment and help them using c...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-28-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Students are reporting quiz timer inconsistencies.  Sometimes the quiz timer shows elapsed time, and other quizzes it shows time remaining?  Is it possible to set this for consistency on all quizzes?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm looking to add some customization to our Canvas pages. As the webmaster for our school division pages I naturally turn to CSS for doing this. I'd like to use Bootstrap or W3 for my base, has anyone else deployed either of these? If so, what issue...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how do i change the side menu bar names?I want to change the name of Grades to Feedback, I want to change the name of Syllabus to Schedule

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you delete a closed quiz?  (My "Delete" option is grayed out.)

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-24-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I allow access to my webcam?  This is the message I am receiving (attached pic).

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I go to my people list I have to go page by page.  Can I view the entire list at once?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I create a PDF assignment on Canvas for students to Annotate over. The students annotate the assignment and "Share" to "Canvas Student" which opens the submit and option to add a comment. - but this does not send the current version. It sends the las...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can I Integrate My Perspectives (A Savas Realize (formerly Pearson) product) into Canvas?  Last year it was integrated via Google Classroom but our district is now requiring only Canvas as an LMS and we need to continue using My Perspectives.  I have...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My fall students show up everywhere but there.  I know it is easy but...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

New to Canvas, and am account admin. I have imported Users from our SIS to Canvas, but I need to assign them roles. How do I do that? Something isn't turned on, but I have admin access to do it.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-11-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to import blackboard question bank

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible to publish a course, one student at a time, and one assignment at a time?  I have an assignment about connecting students' just completed module to them predicting how the next module will connect to what they just done.  So, until the...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have embedded a Google Slide into my front page with links to different course components (see image). I keep getting a black box around the slide. I understand that this is due to the size of the embedded content, and I can go in and change the he...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-03-2020 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 14 Replies

How do you locate a learners marked work has a IQA?or how do I see what learners have submitted. thank you 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a free teacher account.  I want to watch lectures.  How do I change to a student account?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-08-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where to make a complaint!  Have to post it here... Since I started my course, I have not received ANY emails/notification in canvas. As a result, It is causing me troubles.I miss my subject lecture/assessment related notifications and finding them t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,I am having trouble uploading a video for my class to see and comment. I downloaded the video on my smart phone because recording a video from my laptop proved difficult for me. I could not understand how to record and upload video from my lapt...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I created 4 accounts by mistake and i want 3 of them deleted. How can i delete them?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

midway into my bulb, i tried to submit my first answer but then it wouldnt accept it and then it froze and wouldnt proceed. it kept showing the signal that it was loading until it showed a blue screen  with error code 001 and another page stating i w...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

can you please tell me how to insert a box for the students to send an answer as I create an  assignment, thanks #

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, my issue relates to student feedback. At the moment students cannot see their feedback on resubmitted tasks. For example: if there is one submission, they can see the feedback. Once they make a second submission they cannot see the prior feedback...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I create a hyperlink in the Rich Content Editor as an instructor?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-24-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I add a voice that reads the quizzes for the first graders that need the questions read to them in new quizzes?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How much space is available per canvas account?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I download and/or print each student's responses from the Quizzes

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want to be updated when my students send me emails, but since I dont hear any sound or ringtone and I cannot constantly look in my cellphone, it is time consuming to keep opening my canvas app. Please help me get a ringtone.Thank you.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies