Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Im trying to get some extra help with understanding the numbers to be a medical biller. What should i do?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-16-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am new to Canvas so how can I delete all the "previous unpublished courses" that are listed?  I would like to start with fresh courses. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! Is it possible for students to post questions IN an assignment, as opposed to a discussion or something? I teach graphic design, and post lengthy project briefs. And by the time they get to the bottom of the page, or perhaps after working on it f...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-03-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Salute, dear community! We have currently a Self-Hosted Canvas LMS T3-Type hosted in an EC2 AWS server. According to our stress test, the successfull rate is 84% over 500 simultaneous conections. Our server features are 32 GB and 8CPU, unlimited tran...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

My county is creating course templates that we will be required to use.  I would like to begin building my assessments, but we will not be provided a sandbox.  I don't want to wait until 5 days before school begins to start creating these.  Is it pos...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

There are several videos that aren't showing up on the Growing with Canvas Course pages, such as this one attached on 2.3 course settings.  Any advice on how to have these resources load properly or if I could get the direct links, I could embed them...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Someone put an announcement into my course and locked it.  I would like to delete and put my own announcement in.  Need help.  Thx

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I access a quiz from last term to give this term?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have students create a video or PowerPoint based on a topic from a future portion of the class. I want to use their projects as future discussion boards. How do I set this up in Discussions? Do I have the Student post their project (with the script...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Student attempting to access an open exam, but screen just keeps saying "waiting for Canvas". This has happened to student multiple times over the last week. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to create content in my Canvas course and the page won't save. I receive a message saying that "[the title of the document] does not exist, but you can create it now," then it keeps making duplicates of that file name. When I click on the...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I remember from my training session that I can use a stylus to "write" by hand comments/annotations on student submissions. How can I access that feature?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I add CCC Zoom to my Canvas class section

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way for me to keep my account after I graduate? I have a lot of material that I don't want to lose and I don't know if I'll have time to download it all before I graduate in two weeks. Thanks,Karma

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anyone know if Galileo (ATI-Online) can be embedded into Canvas, or does it have to be added as an external link using the redirect tool?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My students will be looking up a "word of the day" posted in a daily announcement. Does Canvas have a link or Spanish/English dictionary or translator for easy use? Or, do I just hyperlink one from the internet?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

This message is showing in my course & unsure of meaning or if it should be edited?  Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How can I find where the audio files I recorded are located?   I never realized that I should name them so now can't figure out what they are to use them in my lessons.  I want to be able to rename and delete them as well.  Please advise the best way...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

1.  I super-imposed some buttons that I created on to a picture.  The buttons are apps that I would like students to be     able to click to get access.  How do I link the buttons?2.  Some apps refused to link within CANVAS.  I can link to external n...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Starting yesterday afternoon I suddenly can no longer add people to my course in the free for teachers version. It gives me an error message saying, "We were unable to find matches below". I've always been able to add someone's email address in the a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to reuse rubrics. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We have allowed New Quizzes in the admin section of our account but our designers are not allowed to see the option to pick old or new quizzes?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am not an admin, and for some reason as of yesterday afternoon, I can no longer add students to my course.  I am now receiving the message "We were unable to find matches below".  Prior to that, I could add the student by entering the email address...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

#Interactive Google SlidesI am learning how to use Canvas.  I have uploaded a link to a Google drag and drop assignment.  How do I know that my students will each get an individual copy of the assignment and not be working on a single, common copy?  ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there any workaround for embedding canvas pages to external websites via an iFrame tag? As expected, I received an error: Refused to display 'https://school.instructure.com/' in a frame because it set 'X-Frame-Options' to 'sameorigin' when used th...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Do I have to be an administrator to use the Redirect Tool? I am the campus librarian and I would like to enable the ELA teachers to put our library class in their course navigation.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Here is my situation, which raises my question and which may help in understanding it.My testing center closes at 5pm. I don't want students walking in at 4:45pm to take their quiz since it requires testing center people to stay late or, if they don'...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For English IV at our high school, we are looking to have one person modify modules of each unit and then share with other teachers of the same course.How can teachers share modules and use/incorporate in their classes without each teacher having to ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I see a box on my draft quiz that says it's not required to view results, but I can't find a box to check in the set-up screen that would require it.  Is there 1 in traditional quizzes?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Add faculty to a closed course

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies