Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Are any PTs, OTs, and/or SLPs using canvas for distance education? A few of my colleagues and I are having a hard time setting it up! We have multiple schools and it's confusing how to be able to manage either by school or by ES vs MS vs HS. I would ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want to be able to download the registration data for people that have signed up for a course so that I can follow up with them via email later and communicate new offers, but cannot see how I can do that.  A simple excel file is really all I want.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was given a Canvas blueprint shell for my course for this semester. Some pages were made for us and had links in there that were linked to other pages. These pages were locked and we are not allowed to edit. I made the mistake of renaming a page an...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I link an individual module to a button on my homepage, all of my modules are showing up.  I am clicking module and clicking an individual module on the drop down, but it is still showing all my modules when a student clicks on the button. How c...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello everyone.  I want to be able to have an audio file automatically play when students click on a page. I have uploaded the file into the files section, but I can't figure out to link it to the page and make it play.  Help!

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I wants to post grades on LMS(Canvas) via LTI Grade Passback from a Tool Provider. So in that case i need to  make any change on Canvas or not? .and if there is anything need to update on Canvas please brief about that.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, good afternoon, I am a student of latam, I had a problem when I made an online evaluation, the moment I uploaded the files it had been uploaded perfectly and then when I received my grade I was surprised that an error came up when loading the ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I received this question today from one of my instructors:When I give my students a Canvas quiz, I do not want them to see the correct or incorrect answers until 2 days later. For the quiz settings, am I correct in assuming that "Let students ...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I noticed that in the conference tool it no longer has the warning under the "concluded conferences" that recordings are deleted after 14 days. Is this still the case or are they available for long term now?

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi, I'm not interested in the avatar period. How can I not have that on here at all

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are just getting introduced to Canvas this week, and just this morning we have been introduced to StudentSync.  Any tips for us?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I saw the free draw annotate feature in speed grader I was initially excited that I would be able to grade FRQs on the student's work just like on paper.  I have a Wacom Bamboo USB writing tablet, which I use to draw in microsoft paint.  When I ...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We recently installed the Zoom Pro LTI on our Canvas production system.  We have received some emails from faculty asking about a way to turn off the email notifications currently going to students before the beginning of the semester from Zoom event...

• 1 Likes
  • 11 Replies

Is there a way for us to use the API to check which users have completed a course? Or, can we trigger something (3rd party  API) when a course has been completed?Thanks,

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I deleted my sandbox by accident. Now I have to look to all my courses and at the bottom in previous enrollment i can find it but cannot work on it. How can I get it back?? I already wrote support but haven't receive any answer yet.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

There was a Canvas Live event yesterday about new Google Assignments LTI.   I can't find any documentation anywhere in the Community, guides etc on that beyond the Canvas Live video.   Please help? Links, anyone?  Thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello!Our students are getting an error message when trying to submit audio recordings in Canvas. The error message reads:"Submission Failed Invalid parameter for submission_typemedia_recording. Required:submission[media_comment_id],submission[media_...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I plan to leave a lot of feedback for students through the "comments" button at the bottom of each assignment.  At my school, we are asked to write a summary narrative (that gets mailed home) about each student at the end of each semester.  It would ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Good Morning- I'm needing to reset my password for the Parent login and can not seem to fins where that would be. Can anyone assist me on this?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I had experimented with adding myself to my sandbox as a student to try to see Google Cloud assignments from a student perspective (didn't work out that well, however), but now I seem to be unable to delete myself as a student, even after completely ...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is it possible to get the direct URL of an uploaded PDF file in canvas? Looking at the code structure, the following access are possible: school.instructure.com/courses/#####/files/##### - This gives you the file page where you can view the PDF file....

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to import the external tool MyOpenMath into my Canvas course.  I see that the app is installed, but it's not configured.  I've tried several times (and now I can see I have 4 MyOpenMath apps), but it's not linking to my course.  

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am a bit confused.. I just purchased the hardcover and digital textbook, but I have not received an access code yet? 

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have successfully embedded a published google slide.  Everything was beautiful and but now the links do not open.  Help

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hi all. New school with Canvas, and I have playing around, trying to figure Canvas out. Quick question. We have the Google Assignments LTI. I can create an Assignment using a Google Doc, that will copy to each of my students. However, if I try to cop...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 Replies

All of our students have been issued a school Gmail and have their email and google drive registered with Canvas. Every now and then we have students who are not able to access Google Cloud Assignments. They are logged into their school email, but ar...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My account does allow me to use commons. I have refreshed commons, but I still do  not have access.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Good evening,I am attempting to connect my daughters google drive to her canvas account. Bare with me as this is a long explanation but I feel there may be some relevance that helps someone to determine what my issue is.My wife connected her google a...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Sou aluno de Teologia em EAD, minha sugestão é que seria bom criarmos um grupo no WhatsappAlunos Teologia 1/2020

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,Is it possible, or, more, how does one, move the announcements on the homepage.I know how to add the announcements to the homepage (not asking that). What I would like to do is move the announcements to below the banner, or someplace else on th...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies