Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Add rubrics

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I export grades to Excel file, the assignment date columns show up in random order, even if they show chronologically in Canvas. What am I doing wrong. We also need to send grades in 8.5X11 pdf sheets and I do not see any way to do this. HELP!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-21-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I'm hosting the Bitnami Canvas package on AWS, and am trying to figure out how to integrate Slack with the Canvas site. I've followed the instructions here precisely:https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-17720-canvas-slack-app-admin-installati...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

From a student's view, what are the steps to uploading their work to send to me? I want to make a tutorial and I'm not sure exactly how they would do it from their screen. If they take a picture of their work, how do they upload that file to me? If t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Just wondering if I "conclude enrolment" for a teacher in a course, if their comments and grades they have assigned to students still in the class will stay? Or will they be deleted?Is there a better way to do this - keep the grades and comments on a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-20-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

It appears that our new Canvas account defaults to NOT allowing users to change their profile pic. I need to change this. Where do I go to do so?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to embedd youtube video into canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

How do I set up a home page in nurturing with Growing with Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want to upload video files on Canvas. What should be the maximum file size?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi.  When making a quiz, is it possible to shuffle the questions while also keeping a few aggregated?  I mostly want them shuffled, but in cases where I have a multiple questions connected to one scenario/story problem, I'd like to keep those togethe...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I annotate my Lecture presentation?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How to let students do peer evaluation among the group members?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I did a bulk upload, page one ended up at the end of the documents rather than at the beginning. Is ter a way to reorder the content to move page one to the beginning?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-12-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I change my course name? It is currently PE - Conditioning, but I want to change it to Conditioning.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello. I would like to know what should I do to update the browser to support CANVAS. My son is using a chromebook provided for MCPS school but any time he has to submit an assignment we cannot find any submit button. We also keep getting a message t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why is the LockDown browser stating that my Canvas is not supported with my computer?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I did 4 courses and just discovered this amazing download opportunity.  It is only allowing me to download the most recent course and i wanted to know how do i make the links work so that the previously completed course will be downloaded?Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am looking for help with responsive sizing of Google docs.  I begin by using the external tool to embed a Google Doc. Then I switch from Rich Content Editor to HTML Editor and locate the part of the code that says "width="800" and change it to "wid...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

helloI am still getting calendar reminders from a course I removed from my calendar feed. I am an observer in one course (feedback on teaching to help a colleague) and an observer in a second course that I audited for a while. I'd like to remove both...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I deleted modules and content on accident, can I retrieve them?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have created several slides that I used in my Google Classrooom from last year.  Is it possible to import them into Canvas, and if so, how?  Thank you in advance.  Nicole

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how can i type my answer in when the teacher gave out assignment 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm considering a switch to Perusall as a substitute for regular discussions. My classes are large and I need to break them down into groups for any discussion-like assignment. Can Perusall be used with Groups in Canvas? #perusallassigned groups‌

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-12-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I eliminate the "drop files here" prompt from module in canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

This past year, I started using pages as the homepage option in my Canvas courses. I would create a new homepage for each week of the term, which I could set as the first thing my students see using the "Choose Home Page" option in the course setup. ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In a cross-listed course with multiple sections, can I assign a different color to each section in the calendar view?  Are there other ways to visually distinguish between sections?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am unable to embed an image into question box in Quizzes. I keep receiving a question mark in a blue box.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My professor gave me an add number and today I added the course. The course does not show up on Canvas and there are assignments that we have to complete and 1 of 2 meetings have taken place already. Could someone help me with getting access to Canva...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible to create a standard signature in the conversations box? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I think I pushed complete when I wasn't done with a course.  How do I go back and unclick it?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies