Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How do I hide files from being seen by students in students' view?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

On my Dashboard, I can't see a "Start a New Course" button.  How can I add this to my Dashboard?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do you add a picture to a course on dashboard?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to log in to my sandbox account to finish my training and it says access denied. I tried to reset my password but I'm not receiving the email. I also tried to add Google apps last night and in the last step it said to go to my email to ver...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I link student and teachers to school wide courses?  For example, I would like teachers to add a button to the Related Arts and Library Canvas Courses on their Canvas Home Pages. 

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Are admin able to pull conversations even if they have been deleted? For example, if a student were to send an inappropriate message to a teacher, would the admin be able to pull it up even if it got deleted?Thank you!

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I created a course in the free version, now my school has a paid subscription.  I went in and exported the course in the free version.  However I cannot see where It exported it to import it into the paid version.Can you please help

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I log out as a student as I'm the instructor?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a bunch of unpublished pages I made when I was practicing from two years ago and I want to delete them. I want to de-clutter my pages so, it'll be easier for me to find everything. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've been assigned additional sections to the same course, how can I combine into one course?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I export details of student grades to excel sheets?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Goos DayHow do i correct my subject courses?  Not all my subjects are showing on calendar as well as i have lessons clashing.  and one subject is not on the list at all?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I would like the course to also function as a notebook, to compliment learning via zoom. 

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How hide course from students when grading

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

If a comment bank has been requested, REPEATEDLY, since 2012, why is Canvas so adamant that "speed grader" will remain the most painful system for making and resist continued pleas from teachers who use the application, more so than any Canvas creato...

• 4 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how to grade a quiz?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Does a course have to be completely done before it is published? Our school is new to Canvas and we will be unable to get a entire semester's worth of work up before Sept 1...ideas or solutions? 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I find it a HUGE OMISSION on Canvas's part that there is no plagiarism checker in the Discussion Board assignments. I have to personally check them myself with random copy & paste into Google searches. SUCH a waste of instructors' time. When is Canva...

• 4 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Last spring, when students turned a Google Doc in to Canvas, the doc was reformatted to a pdf.  As a world language teacher, it is helpful for me to see the edit history of student work, as many use Google Translate to write in English and then trans...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I set-up a SANDBOX course?  I went to the dashboard, but I do not see a place to add a course.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I have allocated students into teams on the people page. How do students determine their teams? As they don't have access to the peoples page.Please advise.Thanks,Colin.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have 44 item banks in "OLD" Quizzes and I'm trying to convert them over into New Quizzes.  How do I get them into a QTI file so I can import?  I can follow the importing directions all the way up to the browse files for import step.  I've migrated ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Message on canvas is informing me that my browser does not meet requirements. I have never had this issue.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I save a video to "OneDrive"?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I don't have a handy, live student to test this with just now. Can someone confirm whether it's true that students can see their earlier submissions for a re-submitted assignment AND the teacher's earlier feedback (via annotations) if they use the AP...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am not sure if I am looking in the right link to see all my course units.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

For more than a decade I have been employed on Fixed Term Contracts and do my online work from home (using Firefox) because that is the most convenient. Everything has worked well but today I tried to go into my uni e-mails and this came up.And I agr...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

This year will be the first year our K-12 campus will be using Canvas. At the elementary level we will still be allowed to link our Seesaw assignments to Canvas for another year.  Any advice on how to use Canvas groups to help primary students collab...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way when a student opens a quiz to stop him/her from opening other windows? My concern is that when my students who are learning online take a quiz, they would be able to swipe over, type the problem into Mathways or something like that, g...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies