Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I have had numerous e-mails from students this semester who have posted a reply to a discussion board on Canvas, only to find it was not there when they went back in later in the week. This has been occurring all semester, with various discussions. I...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi !If i open a student page views as an ADMIN (via canvas, without API), how may page views of that student will be listed in front of me ?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello. When I made google forms in the past to share with teachers to get student input, all I had to do was make a copy of one already pre-made and I just email it to the teachers. How can I do that without having to add teachers in my course? I wou...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-20-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I get to Course Navigation so I can open Pages?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I am new to Canvas. I am currently developing an LTI App where a student will create a resource. I want to submit the resource url(or file) back to Canvas. Can anyone guide me how to achieve this?I did try using Line Item API Line Items - Canv...

(Partner)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I create, or gain access, to a general course template that I assign to all my teachers?  I am attempting to create a test course and I am stuck at the very beginning of the process where it is asking me to import a template.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,I teach a course that has both an undergraduate and a graduate course number. Currently, these courses are listed as separate on Canvas, but they are taught as one course. I would like to merge them so all the students/discussions/etc are in th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is it possible for a "New Quiz" to be a natural NEXT in the progression of a module without leaving the Quiz tab visible to students (7th graders)? The organization of my course is where students read a daily announcement and then go to the current M...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to assign pages or give page access to a specific group in canvas and how we can go on about this.Thanks for your help

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi,Can anyone tell me that what is the best practice to integrate PeopleSoft Campus Solution from Canvas? either csv or API?Thanks

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi Canvas Fam,Does anyone know why New Quizzes doesnt show up as a participation on New Analytics?  I know its an external tool, but surely New Analytics can still read a submission as a participation?Stephen

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

can i upload a document into an assignment FOR a student?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want to remove my account in canvas infrastructure.Please let me know it.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to remove this account for sign up a new canvas account. This is because I am unfortunately sign up my id as teacher account but I am a student. Help me immediately.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot find it. Even though I look for it anywhere. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Do people who use the Course Designer role allow the (KLA's, LOL's or HOFs) access to the markbook. Entry, Edit etc???

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have in the past taken courses in Canvas, but now I am a teacher and am trying to create a sandbox so I can experiment to get my classroom put together for the fall.  It is not allowing me to Start a New Course because I think it thinks of me as a ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The system failed to post my discussion on my online class PSY -170. This discussion is based on today due date July 19, forum 9, ch 11. As I try to submit it, the system did not allow me to submit it, even though there was a minute left on clock to ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Embedding External Tool : "Khan Academy"  into Module, The video will not run.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I activate an e-portfolio option to start a journal? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi. May I know  how a Teacher can publish a Course? Thank you. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I make "Modules" visible to students?

(Removed)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to separate students into groups to aid me as instructor - we have students from 20 different schools enrolled and i would like to sort/view students by school. Is this possible? If I create these groups manually and add the students, wi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way, in a multiple choice question, to have the last choice as 'other' with a text box so that the respondent can tell me what is 'other' ?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I wanted to go to online class yhis morning, but it always said the CHROME 78 is to low, I need to update to CHROME 79, but I can update CHROME in China, what shold I do?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why do I get this message on a new course I created? "This course is offered under a Public Domain?" Did I do something wrong? My other courses never had that show up?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-19-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas Speedgrader has stopped working for me when I view uploaded files. I can access the speedgrader, but when I do, it never loads the assignment in the view window if the student has submitted a file. I have to download the assignment in order to...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Dear Canvas,First of all, thank you for your support.I have installed many grammar quizzes per week for my classes in the Fall.I want to learn how to allow my students multiple attempts, without checking the box each time I have to publish.Is there a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-19-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My son is attending a virtual boy scout camp starting this evening. The classes were originally sent to my work computer and I accepted them. How does my son access the classes on his own computer. He is getting an "Enrollment Link Invalid" message.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

So I'm taking a summer class on canvas, and my grades haven't been updating. I've contacted my professor about this issue multiple times, and she doesn't know what the issue is either. She just keeps telling me to wait and see if the grades will upda...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies