Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

My profile list me as a student, I am a teacher.  How do I fix this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am interested in the idea of "collaborations" but want to make it a little simpler to have the collaboration doc be uploaded to all student gradebooks of that group.  So, here's the question: If I use Google Assignments to publish a google doc by n...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi there,I just found that my original settings were changed without my editing. I tried to edit my display name which I've used so far, but I could not find any option to edit my name. The only two options I could change are language and time zone. ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-16-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I delete my account.  The district needs to create one for us and they need to use my school email.  I need to delete so they can create a new one.  I've searched the site, and nobody can seem to give a strait answer.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello,I recently had to remove a student from my course.  This student completed Evaluation Forms; however, I did not print out the data or download the data.Is there any way I can retrieve the feedback from this individual who I removed?Thank you,Ja...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have enrolled students to my roster. One student has accepted the course invitation, however his name doesn't appear near his login ID, even though when I check on user details, he has his name there. How can I get his name to show up on the course...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I share my Canvas with my teaching partner?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible to use this in Canvas and have the student access THEIR SAME copy multiple times for for prolonged assignments? Or, will it create a NEW copy each time they click on the assignment?If this is something that cannot be repeatedly opened ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to use my instructor introduction.  Is there a way I can copy it from one of my courses and add that page to the rest of my courses?  I tried to copy course and select pages as my content, but I think it will copy all the pages, not just the i...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Why can't I add people anymore.  I put in email address and it says user not found.  Before it sent an invitation and they logged in.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

With the update to the website, I'm unable to add new students to my course. Previously, I would paste emails into the box that comes up when I click +People. Then I would hit next and get the screen that is attached. There used to be check boxes to ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-15-2020 View Solution
  • 8 Likes
  • 14 Replies

When a file or image is embedded in a page, the html contains the file ID number so the page renders correctly. Since I am skilled enough with html, it would be simple for me to replace one image with another image if I just knew the ID number of the...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-19-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Received internal error trying to add user to course not it will not allow me to add any user to course says it cannot see email address.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How can I do this in my canvas pages?  I can't seem to find this anywhere?  I would love to have this type of organization on my Canvas pages.Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I am trying to add "people" to my course, but I can only see that the preference is for addresses ending in .eduHow can I add students with gmail and other accounts?Thank you

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I can't watch the videos posted on the module section of my course.  It is not the first time it has happened. I restarted my computer, refresh the website, used a different browser and it's not working. Can you please help me?Thanks,

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Just wondering if there is a way I can link to a Module's Text Header from a page?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

How do I upload clip art into Canvas assignments?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,Is it possible to change the style attributes for match questions?As shown below, the Hebrew words are too small. I have received a lot of complaints in the past. I really hope I can make the words larger. I have not found anywhere I can adjust...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am unable to play videos in the module section of my course, it simply displays a blank gray screen. This also does not work on all the browsers and devices I've tried, the link is unable to respond, and all attempts to restart the computer, intern...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I have been using google suite for 4-5 years now ever since district go Chromebooks for English classes. We are switching to Canvas this year and I have been doing some online courses on my home laptop.  I made a screencast on a Google Doc that...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I delete a course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a discussion topic where I am awarding various amounts of points for various activities like posting a relevant article, asking a question about class, commenting on somebody else's question/article, etc. So I would like to award points for li...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I got this link from the university to sign up as a parent, for “Parent Share”, something about Parent Orientation, but I think I somehow accidentally signed up as a student.  How do I change my account to be a parent instead of a student??

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi - can someone tell me how to change attendance reporting in Canvas to a percentage?  I am a bit lost trying to figure it out.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can CommonLit be embedded in Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can students annotate a PDF in Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is it possible to have Canvas display the number of items in a Module, and which item you are currently on? For instance, a note at the top of bottom of the page that says something like "Item 3 of 11 in this Module". I know it's always possible to l...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I create separate student groups?  I will divide my class into 6 groups and assign each group two Zoom presentations to the rest of the class.  The group members need to be able to communicate with each other and receive a group grade in addit...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I'm using Canvas in Google Chrome and suddenly I can't see the docs students upload in the Speed Grader. It keeps loading the file, but never showing it... ¿What could be the problem? I didn't c...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies