Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I added my new interns to the course using the add people feature but they did not get an invite. How can I add my new interns to the course? The faculty who initially set us up in Canvas is not with us. I am listed as an instructor - don't know if I...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Once I have created a rubric in canvas how do I insert it into an assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I remove tiles from Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-17-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I currently have a free account while I'm waiting for my school login info and I'm having trouble adding an external tool (google drive) when creating an assignment. I have google drive registered within my account but when I click on EXTERNAL TOOL i...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I need to make an assessment as part of a professional development class I am taking. In order to make a quiz, do I have to make a class first? Not sure how to make a quiz in Canvas.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello Canvas,I'm wanted to know the idea of Proctoring tool integration through the LTI with Canvas LMS.I have a proctoring tool which will be supported on the below-mentioned points. I wanted to know the technical feasibility to achieve the same.1. ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do i set up a filing system in canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-20-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! I am trying to embed a Google Slide into a Canvas page. I am watching YouTube videos on how to do it, however, my Canvas page does not have the HTML editor link. There is no right side menu at all either. I am on a MacBook and it does not show...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We cleared her cache and history. We closed her browser windows. She is using Google Chrome. Nothing seems to work.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have configured the canvas on the ubuntu server by following the "production start" instruction. Production Start · instructure/canvas-lms Wiki · GitHub But when I am accessing the public JWKS URL https://canvas.pitchvantage.com/api/lti/security/jw...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-16-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

hi.. i have a 2 new qualifications which I have to create in Canvas. Both qualifications are same for all core units. That means, students from both qualification will do same core units but different electives. Please suggest the best way to create ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I used to be able to add many links from the course to a page with single clicks. Now with the new UI, the panel with the course options disappears with every one I add. So adding course links take 3 additional clicks each ... adding a lot of editing...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to determine how many times a student posts to the discussion posts across the modules? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I change my default email? I added school district email, but started with personal email and wondering if my personal email is going to be shared with students or can I choose which email is used. Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When determining final paper grades in my literature courses, I usually average the grades on all seven papers, the grades on the final four papers, and the grades on the final three.  I then count the highest of the three averages in determining the...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am having trouble uploading a picture from my photos.  I have followed the directions but no luck.  Does anyone have some insight?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm currently deploying Canvas on GCP and I need the entire system to be in Brazilian Portuguese, I've changed in the menu but after running some tests when a student, instructor or anyone else joins the whole system is in English and the user has to...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I am a teacher who is new to using Canvas and I am interested in one of your Ready Made Templates, it is something I can purchase individually? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am unable to grade assignments using the speed grader in my canvas course. I have one canvas page set up for two sections. When I try to enable the speed grader I am prompted with text that says first I must select one of the sections. However, whe...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have been back and forth with Canvas support all day today and I just wondered if anyone else has experienced the issue I'm having. I have a particular course shell I have been using as my "base" to export content to my other course shells this sum...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-19-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

What is the meaning of user LT+1

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HOW CAN I RETRIVE MY WORK WRITTEN ON MY DISCUSSION PAGE? COURSE SU20_AT5547 DATE WRITTEN 7-16-2020

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to make a page my homepage and I have it set to that but when I am in student view it will not show it. Its show the modules as the home page which is what I don't want. How do I change that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do i create a multi tab page

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I am a faculty member and I want to give one student access this summer to a class that is scheduled to begin this fall. I tried to change the course dates below, but the student says they still do not have access. Just now I tried also desele...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-16-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have created seventeen modules for a course, and I have published the course.  A crossed out eye (visibility icon) appears next to the modules setting.  Everything appears to be set correctly under Settings / Navigation, i.e. the Modules are enable...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Im trying to get some extra help with understanding the numbers to be a medical biller. What should i do?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am new to Canvas so how can I delete all the "previous unpublished courses" that are listed?  I would like to start with fresh courses. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! Is it possible for students to post questions IN an assignment, as opposed to a discussion or something? I teach graphic design, and post lengthy project briefs. And by the time they get to the bottom of the page, or perhaps after working on it f...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-03-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Salute, dear community! We have currently a Self-Hosted Canvas LMS T3-Type hosted in an EC2 AWS server. According to our stress test, the successfull rate is 84% over 500 simultaneous conections. Our server features are 32 GB and 8CPU, unlimited tran...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies