Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

In Announcements, there is a button for recording/uploading media. I recorded a video. Where does it save so I can upload it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have to customize a home page as an assignment for my Canvas training.  The training directs to 2.7: Home Page stating that I have learned how to select and build a home page by watching the module. I've watched it several times but can't locate th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-13-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I wanted to walk my students through the process of accessing a peer's assignment for peer review  and responding the way I want them to do. The best wat to do this, it seems, would be assign the test student a peer and show in student view. There do...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 7 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I know Instructure has a video somewhere, but I just can't seem to find it.  Thanks!

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I change the height of one row in a Table I inserted?I tried to change the HTML code which I read to be 2'', but when I changed that number to 1" nothing happened.I tried to use the Cell properties function for row, but numbers there did not s...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello! My name is Phyllis. My students can't see the discussion questions that I posted. It's published, I don't understand why they can't see it. Need some help, Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

#HOW To ANNOTATE A PDFOur district is trying to decide between Schoology and Canvas, and I am serving on the committee.  What I can't figure out is how to have students annotate a PDF once it's uploaded into an assignment.  This is a feature that has...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

What does "T" mean in the gradebook?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-26-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I want to purchase a computer for a high school student who uses CANVAS for distance learning, but I don't know what the specifications should be.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My school has a faculty page.  How do I make sure emails and announcements are linked to my school email and coming to that email address ASAP?  #email

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I add another notes column to the grade book?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I copy an exam from course to another

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas seems to be stuck while saving a quiz. Any suggestions?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How can I add text padding (margins) on a Page?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-14-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

How do you assign large student groups to non-group assignments as they rotate between online and in-person class sessions throughout the week? For example, on Day 1 ,Group A will attend class and do a worksheet to get an attendance point. Group B wi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Canvas wants to open in Internet Explorer, which does not support Canvas.  How do I open in Chrome?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I change my account from student to instructor?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi allJust wondering if anyone is embedded/using Open Sci Ed google doc based units/lesson in Canvas and, if so, how they are managing that implementation? I can see lots of ways this could be approached and wonder if anyone has tried and has lessons...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible to add color to module headings or to the files in a module?Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I delete a project site completely?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

For some reason when I'm logging onto canvas. I cannot see my classes that I'm taking and the worked provided for me in them. This happens every weekend and its still an issue I'm having. How do I fix this issue? Please let me know. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I am a teacher at a PK-4th grade school that is new to Canvas.  Each child will have a homeroom course as well as courses for their specials - music, art, science, etc.  Is there any way to set up links on their homeroom course home page that the...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I want to draw a line on a Canvas page to separate content. I know in order to insert a Iine I know I need to go to the keyboard editor for this by pressing Alt + F9. I work on a MacBook Air. When I do this (ie press Alt + F9) nothing changes on the ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi! I'm creating an LTI tool and the LTI authorization is working perfectly but I want to know how to create an access token with refresh token with an LTI API Key? Should I use the login hint or lti message hint as the authorization code? forr the e...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

HOw do I embed a photo of my creation to a page so it will be recognized to move into module

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have been loading YouTube videos using the YouTube tool within Canvas for a while now, but recently it isn't working. When I have a content page I can embed one YouTube video, but then I try to embed a second one and the YouTube just spins. I have ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can someone tell me how to move materials from Schoology to Canvas?  Thank!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I change a grade in Canvas?  What I looked up tells me to "click instructor grades and assignment" first, but I can't find that!thanks.#changepoints

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to do a turnitin review for a random paper that was submitting this summer.  She is not registered for a course but would like to run it through a turnitin reveiw.thank you.LynnB

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-11-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I create a sandbox?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies