Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

How does my son know from what time to what time his classes are? We are having trouble figuring that out in Canvas. 

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I restrict access to the speaker notes with embedded Google Slides? I want the students to be able to view the most up-to-date versions but I don't want them to be able to see my notes. I also don't want to have to make two versions of the slides...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I edit the grades.  No editing tab exists.  I'm putting in the columns for each required grade.  Can't seem to edit or revise set-up.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Ahoy, Does using speedgrader ever change the grading behavior from a default of "automatic" to "manual?" We have the rubrics linked to assignments with the correct setting to be used for grading, but I know that's a different idea than changing the p...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I need to find all the pages of my course that contain a specific text phrase. How do I do that? 

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am a teacher but I only have student access.  How do I change it to teacher access?  It isn't in student view, it is student access.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

my students are facing difficulty in accessing my courses and some of them have multiple registration and ID due to this trouble it is confusing why is this happening ?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi,why can we view content on the dashboard?we cannot select the courses as well. Thanks!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The guides in UC Canvas 101 course do not open. ???

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I'm trying to find out if there any cost at all to using the free version of Canvas.  I'm at a non-profit and need to know if I need to pay a hosting fee if we will only have 100 or fewer students a year.Thank you

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, Has anyone been able to copy a group within a group set?  I am trying to create a template for teachers to work with students within groups and be able to copy it when a new group needs to be created.  So far I haven't been able to find a way.   ...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have an admin account. How can I change a user role from TA to Teacher? When you search by people, they are showing as TAs but need to be teachers. Also, I have changed permissions for roles, but TAs do not have the ability to 'Start a new course'....

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to take my free account and merge it with my school's account. The directions my school provided are very confusing. I have a PC btw. Is there an easy way to do this?Thanks.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HiIn the training videos, I saw a teacher can have their pages translate into another language for their Foreign Language classes.  I was wondering if a student doesn't understand English are they able to choose a language for all of their courses to...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Team,We have a course in Canvas with multiple Assignments, when user clicks on any assignment the resource id is sent with the LTI request to an external website. This resource id is mapped to a page in that site.Now when we are copying a course, ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

While sending invitation link to students, some of them are not getting invitation e-mail. I did all the possible efforts. But all in vain. Can anyone help me? I already tried for alternate e-mails, tried to resend invitation plenty of times. Also, t...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have created 2-3 account with same email address, so how can I merge all my account together. Also all account are for a same college. So please help 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want to replace a module in Course A with a module from Course B.  Some assignments, quizzes, text headers, etc. are the same for both modules, but the Course B module has considerably more content. If I delete the module from Course A and then imp...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm new to Canvas and am trying to get the hang of it before the school year begins.Is there a feature which allows students to write virtually on an uploaded file? For example, if I uploaded a phonics sheet and wanted students to match the picture w...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to install an external app. But when I click Settings>Apps, the space where the Apps should be listed is blank and remains blank whether I click "All," "Not installed," or "Installed." There is no "Add app" button. See screenshot below. Any id...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi there, We have an existing app on the EduAppCenter. We were wondering how updates work and how long do they usually take?  Thanks Best regards, Kewei

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I found on here earlier a guys that had embedded a lot of gifs and some animated to his canvas to make it more appealing. I figured out how to make my course card an animated gif but not sure of how to do other pages 

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello! I teach the Business of Film and have two sections for the one course.  Right now, it is one "tile" or card on the Canvas site. How do I make a card or tile for each section?   THANKS to anyone who knows!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a Speech- Language Pathologist and a Canvas course was created for me by the district. How do I set up my course if I have students from PK- 5th grade from all over the school? How do I organize my modules if I only have 1 course for about 7 dif...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I assign a student paced Nearpod lesson in my sandbox course, I get a report in SpeedGrader as soon as the student finishes the work. But when I assign a live Nearpod lesson, I am not seeing a report appear in SpeedGrader to grade. Am I supposed...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am new at Katy ISD this year, and I don't yet have access to the Commons to create/import courses. Who do I need to talk to in order to get my account working? Thank you!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, Our campus is implementing VidGrid and we're very impressed with its performance, especially with its automated captioning. One thing instructors have asked regards embedding VidGrid videos in Canvas. When using the "VidGrid Embed" tool in the Ri...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The bulk date updating feature is almost fabulous. How do we update dates for releasing quiz answers in the bulk updating feature? Or, do users still need to visit each quiz to adjust feedback release dates? (I'm betting (hoping?) I'm missing somethi...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I stop the drag and drop/choose file box from automatically appearing

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies