Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I am teaching a summer elementary course and my students don't have their course tiles. How do I add students to this course? Thanks.Eric RothAustin

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to "return" an assignment that a student didn't complete fully and have them fix it and then submit it again?  If so will they get notified that it has been returned and see my comments?  Also is there a way for the comment boxes to go...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there any way to make a Google Slide or Powerpoint Presentation interactive within Canvas? I have presentations that were created as student activities that require the student to drag, drop, manipulative items on each slide. As far as I can tell,...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why its written  "This quiz was locked Jul 14 at 11:59 am"?Although course is open why can't I get a Quiz ? RSVP

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-14-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I need to create a new course on Canvas, but I do not see the option to "Start a New Course."

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello I have one student who is struggling to upload their work and has sent it to do to do for them. How do I do this? Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello FolksWhatsup.!Hope you all are safe in this situation.I'm looking for LTI proctor integration with the canvas cloud.According to the global IMS proctoring standard trying to integrate with the canvas as an external tool.Few things are unclear l...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I answered an exam and i think i did well. I submitted my exams without removing the flags in the questions and my score was barely above passing. I was wondering, maybe the flagged items were marked wrong? Or are the flagged questions' answers not c...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I thought I did it. I see a file that I uploaded, but when I go to Speed Grader, it says no file has been uploaded. What did I do wrong?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having trouble seeing the online submission button in options.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Por error califique a todos los alumnos como puedo eliminar dicha operación?? eliminar todas las calificaciones. Agradecere su ayudaTranslation from Google Translate: By mistake, rate all students how can I eliminate this operation? remove all rating...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

As an instructor, I want to upload a test file on Assignment section of Canvas. I do not see the file upload box to be able to upload the test file. What am I doing wrong?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-13-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am using the rich content editor and attempting to record a video. Canvas has options for my mic but says there is no video but I have a laptap computer with built-in camera. Do I need to change a setting in windows to make it "discoverable" or is ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Adding A Quiz Tab to the Student ViewMy student informed me that she is unable to access the Quizzes tab from her account.I checked the student view tab and could not see the Quiz tab showing on the navigation menu.How can I add the Quiz tab to my st...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

ModulesHow do I drag an item in a module?  When I try to, it springs back to where it was.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My Canvas Page got huge.  I can't shrink it back to normal size.  It is only my Canvas page, if I open up any other internet browser the font size is fine.  How do I fix this?It is like I am zoomed in on the Canvas Page or something, like at 200%.  A...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why can't i get pass the login page ?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Two Questions:1) I'm new to Canvas as an instructor, and would like to give students two ways to earn a badge.  One would be for ungraded content like signing up for Remind 101 or reading my Communication page - in this case they would simply click o...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I post a picture in my reply?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I upload an assignment to Waypoint and it gave me a message stating "Your assignment has been successfully uploaded! But not synced with Canvas! Please contact Administrator"I searched on discussions on both pages and couldn't find anything relevant ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi,I published my course on canvas, however on student view I cannot see the modules.  How can I change that, so that my kids can view the content?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So I used google slides last year and created templets, and within those templets I pushed them out to students and when they opened them it became their document.  They then they were able to answer on the document, and I could see it in real time. ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm looking for an Online Instructor Training course. Something that can train K12 Instructors in online pedagogy. There are courses in the Canvas Commons but I wanted to get others' take on what's good or has worked for them. Thanks!

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I would like to use Camtasia to record and upload lectures on my Canvas course. Is there a tutorial to explain how I do this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can students upload a picture of their work on a quiz?  If so, how?  How do I set it up as an instructor to allow them to do this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In Announcements, there is a button for recording/uploading media. I recorded a video. Where does it save so I can upload it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have to customize a home page as an assignment for my Canvas training.  The training directs to 2.7: Home Page stating that I have learned how to select and build a home page by watching the module. I've watched it several times but can't locate th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I wanted to walk my students through the process of accessing a peer's assignment for peer review  and responding the way I want them to do. The best wat to do this, it seems, would be assign the test student a peer and show in student view. There do...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 7 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I know Instructure has a video somewhere, but I just can't seem to find it.  Thanks!

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I change the height of one row in a Table I inserted?I tried to change the HTML code which I read to be 2'', but when I changed that number to 1" nothing happened.I tried to use the Cell properties function for row, but numbers there did not s...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies