Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi.Is anyone able to tell me how to add an icon or graphic to a page title or module title like in the Growing with Canvas course?Example: 2.5.1 | New Rich Content Editor...How are these types of icons    added into the title text?Many thanks for an...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-10-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I change my password in Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you copy the modules from one course into another?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to set up multiple likert questions in a graded survey based on these instructions: How do I create Likert scale quiz questions?  I then attempt to take the survey in Student View as a Test Student, resetting the Test Student before I begi...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Please may you respond to this ticket submitted on Sunday:Canvas Support Update: Help restore material for 2024463 which was deleted: Case 05952549 ref:_00DA0Ibsk._5002Gq1sKb:ref

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I create a module and try to add an existing quiz (created in new quizzes), nothing appears in the "quiz"menu.  I can find the new quiz in the "assignments" menu instead.  On the other hand, clicking "Quizzes" in the course navigation tab does s...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-12-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,I have just completed a course by MOOC, I got an e-mail for successfully completing the course, yet I can't get my badge, as it shows no badge when I log in to Badgr to get my badge. What should I do? Thank you! I really do need my badge

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

my activities questions show submitted but have not submitted

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are using quiz submissions API to get the submissions history of the learners. We want to check details of all the attempts for a learner and so, using this API( link: Quiz Submissions - Canvas LMS REST API Documentation ). But, the problem is tha...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does Canvas see what tabs I have open and monitor my searches and activity when logged in? Is that possible? Is that even Legal? My teacher is stating this to scare people out of cheating. I never planned on cheating, I just really am concerned for m...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I am working with a friend in another state/district how can I share a course with them to work together?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where do I find the icon to go to course settings to set up a course?  I have the dashboard icon, calendar, courses (with other courses) etc. on left of webpage.  I know this is probably so simple but I cannot navigate beyond the above. Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-09-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I would like to embed a Google Slide presentation into an assignment on Canvas. However, when I go to move the pieces on the slides it just advances to the next slide. I'd like for students to be able to move the pieces of the slides around. Is that ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I create a sandbox course for my teachers?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,When I use the rubric, I need to get points from the rubric and write them in every question manually (yellow rectangle) to get the tick in the student name (green rectangle).Exist any way to autocomplete the points in every question to avoid d...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Where do you find “resources” like Ebscohost and Jstor on the Canvas App using an iPhone and an iPad?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am new to CANVAS. I was exploring today, attempting to create a quiz.  CANVAS has some very nice features for those purposes.  Being an instructor in mathematics, I stumbled upon the MathQuill tool in attempting to build test items.  It does some t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

When students join groups, how do they communicate with one another?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to copy my Spring course with all my lectures and tests into my Fall course. I no longer see my Spring course in my dashboard.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I use pages.  I created an assignment with external tool as the submission from my google slides presentation.  The students completed the task.  However, I cannot figure out how to view their slides they worked on.  Help!  How do I view what they di...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am working with a faculty member in Chemistry who would like to do the following:give students a test through Canvasafter the test is submitted, have another assignment become available to the studentthe newly available assignment would be DUE a ce...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Where is the link to get a course QA-edQA

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can't access my Dashboard using Mac Book Pro. Any suggestions?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-13-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When making edits to an assignment in a "live" class, I always make sure that that "Notify users that content has changed" checkbox isn’t clicked.  Here’s a video of an assignment that I made a small edit to and what I did: http://somup.com/cYi1qfQHU...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Después de las modificaciones que le hicieron a la plataforma, cuando uno accede al menú “páginas”, solo le aparece la página de información o inicio, no le aparece la opción de ver todas las páginas, ni de crear una nueva (ver imagen adjunta). Tengo...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How is Canvas going to be affected by the discontinuation of Flash?Thank you!

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I initially publish my class?Thanks in advance for any help - I am a complete newbie!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-13-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This is to ensure  that other students taking the course are confidential and cannot see who is taking it.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am wanting students to annotate a pdf on their iPad. I assigned the pdf but the pencil editing button is greyed out and can't be clicked on. Any help? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I put Google slides with movable parts in Canvas?  I was able to easily link them in Google Classroom, but it doesn't seem to be so easy in Canvas.  I want the kids to be able to see the activity, not just a URL code.  That's not too exciting ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies