Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Have access to all Canvas pages but for some reason my gradebook will not load for any of my groups??Anybody experienced this before?Many thanks Adrian 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a student who is trying to access the modules in the specific learning area I have uploaded information to the Module but she is not able to access it This is what i see and can edit in the moduleShe however cannot see this visual arts module ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-08-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am not allowed to edit or delete my discussions. How do I change that setting so that I can edit, add, or delete if need be?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello community.We're having a lot of difficulty with one thing in particular in our use of Canvas, since switching from our old system:We take a team-based approach to facilitating learning and assessments with our studentsTherefore at different tim...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi All,I got informed from 1 of the trainer saying that He graded an assessment for all students which was set up as a quiz. The assessment has 2 attempts, when he grade the 2nd attempt, 80% of the student submission says "This student does not have ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am losing hanging indents from my references page when I upload a google doc to canvas.  How can I fix this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm an instructor who is changing jobs/districts and now need to migrate my private account to a school account. I'm not sure how to do this. Can someone possibly point me in the right direction?I have multiple tests and question banks I'd like to mi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have gone on to admin, then my site, then developer keys, then Inherited, but nothing is there.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-09-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I make "To Do Assignments" in Canvas go away?  The deadline for submissions is way past due, semester is over, no new submissions,  and most assignments are graded with very few used for rough drafts that I don't plan to grade.  This is from a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am enrolled in e-services, but I don't see my class?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to add comments for fellow instructors but NOT show them to the student.  I can do this by pausing grade reporting, but that also obviously doesn't give students a grade which I do want to do.In Blackboard, there were two different types...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

helloi have a class in cluster 1 , with Melanie but i cant access to my class via link

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to make a google site for my parents to quickly get info on class. Is there a way to share the calendar of just ONE class rather than share my entire calendar? Right now, it seems when I get the calendar URL it is for all of my calendars.Thank...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I assign students to a group discussion?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The "break link" icon doesn't seem to do it no is it clear how you can do it using the Youtube icon.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why won't the student's documents load for viewing and grading?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Are teachers able to comment on student work (google doc pushed out through the external link) virtually, before students “turn in?” Very important tool during the writing process!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

One of our instructors posted assignments with a July 2 due date, and set "zero grade for unsubmitted/late assignments."  Then, students entered the class and she changed the due date to July 9 (multiple due dates) for those students.  However, those...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-07-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I tried searching for this and I cannot believe no one has asked this before, but is there a way to enable friendly URLs for Canvas?For example, the current URL to a course looks something like:instructure.com/courses/81But is it possible to have a f...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

is there a tutorial on how to add Zoom to our canvas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to copy a file for my class. It is in a Handout Module. I want to copyit to another class.How do I do it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I found the HTML (below) for an FAQ set up (students can click the question and the answer pops up below it), which I like. However, when you click one question, all of the questions/answers expand. Is there a way to adjust this so only the one answe...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I would like to have a "FAQ" as part of my homepage where a student can click a question and then the answer is displayed. Otherwise the answer is "hidden" when the question isn't clicked. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how do i add a class to canvas

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how do I add honorlock to my canvas account?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

If I create a New Quiz, can I still keep using the ones I created in Classic mode?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I send an announcement to all of my students?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I make the course modules bigger?  They are so tiny, I can hardly read them.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

can modules and assignments be exported

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have accepted all my classes. How do I get them to show up in my calendar? I would like to know the exact day and time of my classes.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies