Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

We want to use Standards Based Grading for World Language, but when importing rubrics, there is an error message if I don't change "Exceeds Expectations" to 5.

• 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I would like to test Harmonize this summer. It's in our list of apps but I have to have the key and shared secrets. Does my Canvas administrator help with that? Thanks

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Has anyone had any issues with syncing courses from Canvas to ExamSoft?  We have been doing this for 3 years with no problems and last did it on July 8th successfully.  Today, when we try, we get a blank screen.  We have validated on the ExamSoft sid...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the easiest way to create assignments which I can grade within canvas, and will transfer easily to my canvas gradebook?

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I need help with screen colors.   The Lexia 5 says its a red dot and I have a blue dot  Or it is a red cat and we have a blue cat  Using Chrome.  How do I get the color correct for my soon to be 1st grader?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can't find MathType in the equation editor although it's installed

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How dose a student enroll in a class?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want to import/upload files from Google Drive. How do I do this?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach young children, elementary school aged children, who do not always know the day of the week. If we end up having to conduct classes online this year because of COVID, it would be very helpful to be able to embed the date and day of the week i...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm exploring how checking 'complete one of the following assignments' in module requirements works. First, how is the gradebook managed?  Are the assignments given to 'everyone'?  What happens to the assignments not completed?  If the assignments ar...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We need to keep the student responses option turned off for our quizzes, but when students finish a quiz we want them to have the option to view a mastery report on how well they did in certain areas. I know Canvas has the "Mastery Gradebook" option,...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I make it so students can see their quiz answers after each question instead of after the entire quiz is submitted?My quizzes are more for "learning as you go" rather than as a graded assessment.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I don't want to allow students to see all the students on the course, for data protection reasons. My course is accessed by people from different clubs and I would like to make groups for each club so they can see the members of the club, but not oth...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I get a pdf to actually print onto a page rather  than just providing a link? Is there a limit on the size of a pdf file that will prevent it from showing the file as opposed to just a link?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I completed a final quiz for a course, filled out a form at the end of an evaluation of the course, and I was told I would get emailed a confirmation that I would need to upload under "Submit an assignment". I never got any email and I can not submit...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I have two windows open, the global navigation bar on my screen disappears.  Where can I find it again?  How do make it stay as a part of my screen?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can you use envision math/pearson site with canvas and utilize the interactive tools/digital assignments?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I merge two different courses (not two sections of the same course)? 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Does Canvas have an Accessibility Statement for students with disabilities?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HOW to record attendance?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do we get the new update that has Google Drive in the course settings. I saw a You Tube video on how to incorporate Google Drive into Canvas and in the settings was a Google Drive icon; thanks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viicqezKrDYHow to Inc...

• 1 Likes
  • 11 Replies

Is there a specific location on the Canvas website that I can see all of the accessibility features? I found an article from 2015, but I'm not sure if that is the most up to date. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do teachers who currently have a Google classroom move their class into Canvas?  

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been using Quizlet in my course by embedding into a page but I see that Quizlet is an option as an external tool. However, when I select it, it does not seem to work and I don't see it when I search my organizations installed apps or even avai...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My Kaltura stopped working, the app is not opening when I click on the icon to open it

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a few questions about using announcements.  Using Canvas to make announcements,Do the announcements come through as an email or just an announcements posted in our canvas course? Are we able to email through canvas?Will it email the parents di...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Your browser does not meet the minimum requirements for Canvas. Please visit the Canvas Community for a complete list of supported browsers.Your browser does not meet the minimum requirements for Canvas. Please visit the Canvas Community for a comple...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I know in the past (2017) that this feature was not possible but I am hoping that it has since been updated. Is it possible to pin individual student comments at the top of individual discussion boards?  Or can these be sorted in any way?  This is a ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi. I'm trying to make a group set for my students (for their group assignments). But when I checked it in student view, the group set name was need seen in the People section. The group set is for self sign up by students as I gave them free reign o...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My canvas account is dghosh@sysalgo.com and i want a client id and client secret. how can i get it?

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies