Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How do I export a list of all published courses in canvas

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-02-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I downloaded a template package and I want to put an assignment with a rubric attached.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We have TWO Sections which are in the same COURSE.     We would like to combine these two Sections into one Section (all still inside the same COURSE).       We have seen a few other questions on this topic which suggest that CROSS LISTING is the way...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My name is Cassandra Heard. I’ve been at SDCCD over 30 years, teaching ESL to adult students. It always seems strange that I would have stayed in one place so long, but I enjoy the community and love working with my students. I have no online teachin...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We finished the deveopment of an LTI app.EduAppCenter:- The app was submitted in EduAppCenter and approved.- The LTI app is has "Canvas" enabled in "Supported Platforms"- The LTI app availability is "public" in EduAppCenter and we can even see our LT...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-03-2020 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Need help to find how to post to discussion.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

i am getting an error message when i sync grades:msg reads: one or more of your students b/c canvas course is not confirgured with a grading scheme

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Whenever I use canvas on my phone it works but if I use it on my Mac it does not. Recently it would load huge icons and would not show me the selections I am clicking. I cleared my cache and it seemed to load. Now when I log in to canvas it looks nor...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I add a student to my canvas class?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can you please tell me if Canvas has the ability to pull courses from SchoolsPLP into various classes?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

in my Success in College he wants a paper submitted by text document

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-01-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Does anyone know how to put questions that require structural formulas in their answers into quizzes and exams?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We need to either keep the classic quiz format or integrate Lockdown Browser into the new quiz format. It is a MUST for our university testing.I'm also a bit frustrated today that I don't have the option to add a Classic Quiz

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

enable students to see assignments make it vis]ble to students

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I moved an imported assignment that was 0% grading weight to the summative section (72% grading weight) and when I look at the grades, I get this error "The assignment itself does have points and is showing correctly in the assignment section.  Any s...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why are some of my course materials locked, so that students can't open them up or open up a file linked to an assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Scenario:  I have created sections (Periods 2 and 4) and cross-listed those into one course because they are the  same class, just different periods.  I have a new student entering my class 3 weeks into the new semester into Period 2.  Can that stude...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a quiz in Canvas that all of the students except one can access. She can open the quiz, and read the instructions, but nothing happens when she clicks "Take the Quiz". No one else has had this trouble. She's a student with the same permissions...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I certify myself in Canvas in order to teach at any JC level?Thank you, Aura

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I log into Canvas, my icons are appearing super big, and it will not let me view anything in regards to my class. I'm already logged in under Google Chrome, I tried holding the Shift button while refreshing at the same time, and I tried clearing...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

After importing course materials from semester to semester, I've noticed that my Files folder is getting crowded with XML files. I expect these have to do with quizzes or discussion boards. The problem is that they are also visible in the student vie...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I need to pair my GDP software with the Canvas LMS, and then register my students so they can get access to the software from the Canvas, any clue?I appreciate your help, I tried a lot.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I created a HTML file in Photoshop w/slices that link to various pages.  I uploaded into Canvas whenI just had 1 slice to see if it worked.  It did, so I added my other slices in PhotoShop.  I exported from PhotoShop just as I had before and uploaded...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When a new user clicks "Forgot Password" the message that is sent says:"You requested a confirmation of your password for logging into Canvas.This address is associated with the login, "xxxxx@xxx.xxx".The password for this login should have been give...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-23-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Once I have completed a module by reading or watching videos, is a green check mark to appear for each category within that module, or just the assignments like answering a question, doing an assignment or answering a quiz?Confused and frustrated.Kai...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I accidentally deleted a page from my Canvas course. How do I retrieve it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The screen that I see when assessing student work is in something called the "speed grader." This view, for me, is easy to navigate and understand. Both the rubric comments and the other comments appear on the right. The two columns on the left are g...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I limit the number of files to upload for an assignment. I would like to limit it to strictly ONE , and don't want that "add another file" link to be visible to them. Thanks!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am a Canvas Admin for my district and I'm attempting to archive our courses.  However, I'm getting a little frustrated because a good number of our courses have no Course ID which means you have to move them to the archived term one-by-one.  I'm tr...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies