Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Newbie here, sorry in advance. I searched but couldn't see how this might be done. We're doing hybrid courses in the fall, so we're still tethered to our usual schedule. If a professor wants a Module for every scheduled class meeting, is there a way ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi!  I just typed in a letter of sorts into my Parent page that I accessed with the Parent button on my home page and saved it.  I then exited and went into that button again and it's not there.  Any ideas where it might be and why it isn't showing u...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I share closed group discussion responses with the other discussion groups? I want them to see other responses.Or can I set this up when creating the group discussion?Thanks!José Lugo

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Buenas tardes.Porque no me aparece el chat Translation from Google Translate:Good afternoon.Because the chat does not appear

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are exploring different kinds of Access Reports, Log-In/Out reports aside from what Canvas provides. We are finding we need information presented a little differently due to the increase in online instruction. Does anyone have any suggestions for ...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can we put students in breakout room in Canvas? If so, how?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want to re-name one of my courses.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I made a move with my Iphone to show students how to place their workspace cameras for Zoom monitored testing. How do I get that movie into CANVAS to post for students?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Never used Canvas before so asking very basic questions.  When students submit an essay test answer, where do I find it to grade?  

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In our global account Settings we currently have the Immersive Reader feature set to "Allow". We originally had it set to "On" but the foreign langauge classes reported some issues and they would prefer that it is not allowed in their classes. When i...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there a way to handle a formula question with multiple answers?For example, a ball is tossed up and the student is asked to calculate the time when the ball is in a particular position. This is solved through a quadratic equation and there are two...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi, I have one student who needs to submit 2 assignments via Turnitin on canvas.  When I have put the links up she is unable to submit as there are no links showing for her.  Can you advise please 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can I add a Google doc and have the option for " all students to get a copy".  If so, where and how can I do this?

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The assignment is Data Analysis

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I keep getting an error message when trying to access my TExas Teachers of Tomorrow course, off of the Canvas web page.Currently using chrome on a MAC, anything will help.. the error message is listed below..{"errors":[{"message":"An error occurred."...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

What is the process for submitting to turnitin in Canvas? I don't see a button for turnitin. Once the assignment is submitted will i get feedback to correct items regarding references?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does Canvas work with Microsoft Teams?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our school is learning Canvas on our own because training could not be scheduled for us, I suppose due to overload with so many schools jumping on board.  I cannot find a solution to my home page problem:In edit, it looks great, but when published th...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Comments on assignements

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I create buttons on my homepage that link to content information?  Is there a synchronous part to canvas to hold live lessons online?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Estamos intentando realizar una integración del aplicativo administrativo SIGA a CANVAS ¿Alguno tiene experiencia o ha llevado adelante un proyecto similar? La idea es que una vez que los alumnos se hayan completado su proceso administrativo, puedan ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I think consistency will work the best with my 2nd graders. I set up a template for Math with how each lesson will flow for the week.  Is there a way to copy that template and then just change the content?  I know I can "duplicate" each assignment, b...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want to change the way my name appears on dashboard......how does one edit this??????  It seems like it should be easier than it is

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to input one of my courses into a new course.  The old course was created that each individual course was an assignment.  If you clicked each assignment it took you through the modules.  I'd like each assignment to be its own course and ea...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

An instructor wants to know the answer to the following question? When when uploading some files onto Elms using Firefox. For some reason when you were uploading .R file types, they would show on elms as .R.txt instead of what they were original

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I unhide (or release) just one individual student's grades and comments from within Gradebook or Speedgrader (or in any other way for that matter)?I don't want Canvas to be sending a message to all the students on the roll - just the one whose...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Has anyone being able to obtain any statistical data about formula questions? I understand the issue that each student may have a different answer; however, I would just like to know the percentage of students who answered correctly vs. incorrectly.

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I added my new interns to the course using the add people feature but they did not get an invite. How can I add my new interns to the course? The faculty who initially set us up in Canvas is not with us. I am listed as an instructor - don't know if I...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Once I have created a rubric in canvas how do I insert it into an assignment?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I remove tiles from Canvas?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies