Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Can I use Box Drive to store documents when using the Collaboration tool?  Due to the amount of PII and nature of our work we can only use specific data storage.  Unfortunately we are not allowed to use Google drive or Office 365.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to view my final grades in my canvas class and it shows that the instructor is grading, but she in fact is done. I just want to see the grade on that last assignment. I have logged out of canvas and even turned off/on my computer multiple...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-03-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do  instructor and student use the RCE for word counts?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-01-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I try to create a new Quiz in Sandbox, it only shows Mastery Paths and will not allow me to create a new quiz? Any ideas?Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I return graded exams to my students? I am teaching a class this summer remotely.  It has 74 students in it and I have their graded exams as pdf files.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Should I allow Google LTI installation with Canvas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have been reading about a product called Kami that allows students to mark up a file within the Canvas assignment page and turn it in without the need to download, edit, save, and upload.  When will Canvas automatically have that feature for studen...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi Friends,I would like to unlock the modules for one student, but keep them locked for everyone else. I'm teaching a summer session, and I have a student requesting the later modules be unlocked. However, I prefer the class to progress from week to ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If the question in a quiz has multiple answers, is there a way to give the student partial credit if he or she answers one correct answer but misses the other(s)?Example: 4. What impact does the metaphor comparing the fire to a tower have in the exce...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I sign up for a course on Blend?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Where can I find Home Page Templates? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-29-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I can't find any videos or assignments on my home screen for the course I'm taking through campus. Wherever I go it just shows a blank white screen.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-29-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can get my outlook calendar to post all activities into the calendar in Canvas?  The activities show in a list but not on the Canvas calendar.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Not able to see the images of the course card for Canvas application by Bitnami hosted on AWS

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I click on the Discussions Tab, it always lists All Discussions first. Is there a way to make the first/default list be the unread discussions?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We are trying to send a DeepLinkResponse message back to canvas, but we are receiving a 500 message. We were wondering if you could give us a little more insight as to what the issue is. We are posting the following jwt token to the deep linking URL ...

(Partner)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I deleted the assignment from a module. I thought I replaced it but the replacement does not allow students to post files. Please advise ASAP. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how to assign weighted grades in a course

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-03-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how do I upload a video from my files to my syllabus? When I try using the icon for media, in the assignment box, it won't upload

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Are any other admins seeing this? We went from roughly one-two per month reported spam calls to the Instructure help desk to nearly daily since June 12. What's going on?

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach 7th-grade science and have created my course home page with buttons for my students to access material. Is there a way to hide everything from student view except the home page and still allow them to access the material? Right now whenever t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do i log into canvas? I am getting an Error Message when I click on the Authorization button?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How to add "Test Student" in the grade book?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to move questions from a question bank to a quiz. I don't want to use the entire question bank and I would rather not retype the questions if possible.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi,I have a strange problem.  Some of my students have stopped participating, although they are still registered in the class.  They are no longer completing quizzes and exams.  For some quizzes and exams I can enter a zero, but for others I cannot. ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'd like to turn on the New Quiz feature for my teachers but it is greyed out on my feature options admin page. I thought that New Quizzes was now available for all paid accounts. Any ideas? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I just finished my first year of using Canvas - both as an instructor as an admin.  Yay!  Anyway, I try do "housekeeping" and organizing when I can.  We have lots of students over the years in the school who have duplicate names.  Anyway, I was think...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

There seems to be a recurring problem with "coca error 132001" Is there a solution yet?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am unable to view the dashboard. Any suggestions?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I recently made an SIS import for new student accounts but a couple of SIS ids overlapped and the result is that some of the students lost their accounts. Is there a way I can set up the students again without losing their data?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies