Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I have created a courses that are for the same group of people and I want to add them to the course. Currently, I can add them one at a time because they are in one course, but is there a faster way to do it, such as a mass import.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-18-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'd like to be able to export data from my course (not for credit course in Canvas if that's helpful), see video views, determine how often links have been clicked on, etc. It seems to be that my needs are more specific than what 'New Analytics' is a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-22-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to identify/flag participants who have edited their responses in the grade book so I can go back to review and rule out copying/plagiarism? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I turn off notifications for one course not all my course I am teaching?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I'm an instructor. My quizzes are for some reason not viewable to students. But the quizzes themselves say PUBLISHED. Please explain how to change the settings so my students can access the quizzes. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I am marking a set of new quizzes which I have to grade manually or partly manually. One of them is a fill in the blanks where I ask students to both write an answer  and also choose from a drop-down list. The problem is that sometimes  the autom...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I wish to restrict my students to copy the Question text while he/she taking quizzes. Is there any way to do this in Canvas ?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our university is transferring its LMS from Moodle to Canvas.Here's what I do to import my math quizzes into Moodle:I typeset the entire quiz on LaTeX.Using the package moodle, LaTeX produces a PDF copy of the quiz along with a XML file.I go to Moodl...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I change a page into an assignment. I have already created a page but now would like it as an assignment.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I submit an assignment in Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-17-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a couple of quizzes where the Math equation editor is showing at the bottom of the screen, not the usual pop-up box. This is only happening with a couple of quizzes, but it makes the editor unusable as it does not allow you to enter the equati...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-19-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I am enrolled in two different colleges using online canvas classes. I have downloaded the canvas app to my phone through the one college email address. How do I have the other college class added to my canvas app on my phone? It uses a completely di...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm on a summer workgroup creating a course shell that will be exported and copied out to other educators in the fall.We've been discussing what will be the best way to setup Assignment Configurations that benefit the students working on chromebooks ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How to upload my syllabus from my files and do the changes on it and then post it for my students on canvas. Thank you

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to create an end-of-course assessment in which students respond to specific questions about their learning experience.  There are no correct answers.Should I use the Quiz Tool? Best way to set it up?Thanks.

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I like to keep my Canvas tabs on the left hand side to a minimum. Normally I ONLY have my "home" and "announcement" tab visible to students, then I link the current module week in my homepage. This way students only have one way to get to where I wan...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

This is probably a simple question, but if I want to allow students to be able to interact with each other, would the chat feature be the right tool?2.  I assume that I can disable it at will, say during an exam?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am teaching a short interactive session this summer for staff from my school and neighboring schools on the capabilities of the Canvas program for online and blended learning. The course will have to be taught over Zoom, and I would like to create ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have just registered for Math008 for 3pm start today and don't know how to login to the online class. Should I be getting a link for the class or should I be able to access through Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having issues with a quiz grading incorrectly but with no logic or patterns. The quiz uses drop down menu answers and the answers that are marked incorrect seem to vary with each submission, with no rhyme or reason. I have double checked the spe...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I'm just wondering how to enable push notifications for Canvas? My husband gets all his class notifcations emailed to his school email, personal email, and text messaged.Thanks,Dorothy

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to put question banks into folders or otherwise group them together?  I have created around 80+ question banks, but I would really like to group them together so I can keep material for certain exams/chapters together.  Using the "book...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What does it mean if a course is listed as not published?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to add the ability to "act as users" to teachers' accounts?  What about the possibility of customizing teacher role and permissions? 

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My TA and I are grading papers. The TA grades certain components of the paper and then I go through and grade the remaining components. This morning, I noticed that all of the papers my TA graded lacked any comments in the Turnitin feedback studio (e...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can I download student responses to a quiz?Can I download a moderated quiz?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,We have so much time spent building our online courses now and with a significant amount of organized content created that it seems like we should be backing these courses up just like we would if we had worked on any large presentation or docu...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! This is sort of specific but not really . I am trying to pull up a copy of a certificate of a training on canvas.When I go to my picture and then pick certificates nothing shows up. It used to have stuff in it. When I try to go through essentials...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

What happened to the option in the conference to allow another person to take over presenting? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I enrolled my son in the Learning to Adult, Adulting 101 class, and I cannot find any emails with my access link.  Can I get the link sent again?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies