Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

how to i add a url link to a picture?  in other words i have a picture of zoom on the home screen and i want to put a link to the picture so they can click it and go directly to the zoom page

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-25-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am teaching a course CHEN 5531 coordinated with MATS 5531 for Fall 2020.  This is a repeat from last year.  I requested help last year to combine the 2 courses in Canvas and this was accomplished (but not by me).  All components of the course are i...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I haven't been able to access any course materials on canvas. Any time I click on a tab such as syllabus or discussions the page shows up blank. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I change my password

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a "badge" feature to award extra credit points for assignments in Canvas?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

As an elementary (4th grade) teacher, I use canvas for my task cards.  Therefore, the question is already on the card.  In the old quiz version, I could copy the question where all answer choices said A, B, C, D and did not have to retype them in eac...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How come when I try to send and email, the recipients do not appear?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to load a batch file to associate a large number of courses with a Blueprint course? #blueprint associated courses‌

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a quiz that is in two sandbox courses. When I try to set it up for Mastery Pathways, it gives me the option to just put it in as a Mastery Pathway assignment (which is what I want), or to assign it to everyone or just a particular section. Whe...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-28-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Like most Universities we have quite a few integration points in Canvas using LTI,  Many of the apps are paid resources that charge by user license.  What we've noticed is any faculty that uses the Student View functionality with external tools, thos...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I download the emails within Canvas to create a database?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am teaching a course on the Free for Teacher- I have a student who has forgotten her password and for 4 days has been requesting help at resetting. She has sent through the request a reset and then twice has gone through "report a Problem" and no o...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I contact my lecturer?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a setting so students cannot turn off announcements?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We have numerous third party external accreditation audits over the year. Is there a user role for this? Does anyone have a suggestion on the best way to set one up? I would like to know if anyone has set up a Course Role or special Account/SubAccout...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want to add two instructors to my course, but the only options under role on the people tab are student and observer.  

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What app can I use to have a virtual background during a Bluepoint class conference? 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is it possible to see the history of changes in Groups? In particular, I want to know people that were previously members of a Group.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I delete a student from my class?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can you copy an existing rubric so that you can have a second version that you can make minor modifications to and use for the same class? For example, I want the rough draft and final draft of an assignment to have essentially the same rubric, with ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I individually (no school connection) use the free Canvas account and I would like to have Immersive Reader enabled; however, it says I have to have an administrator enable it.  But I don't have an administrator button.  How do I get access?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add my picture in my canvas

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My problem is that I can not navigate the program and find "Part 2" of the course so that I may finish the course. Thanks in advance.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to create an assignment in which the questions asked vary depending on the case selected.  For example: students need to chose between 5 clinical cases.  In the first question they would select the case (1-5) and then the assignment would...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-24-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can you assign a pdf to students to edit and submit?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-24-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi Canvas Community,Has anyone figured out an effective way to use Stanford's Measure Of Software Similarity (MOSS) program within Canvas? We are hoping to make it as easy as possible for our CS professors to use this software so perhaps there is an ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am giving timed multiple choice questions on Canvas quizzes.  I often see student submissions marked "late" (their cells are highlighted in blue).  How is it even possible to have a late submission on a Canvas quiz?  Doesn't the system  automatical...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-15-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do you get the color overlay off of your Sandbox?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-02-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For a C / NC assignments worth 2 points, I'd like to set the C score at 2 and the NC score at 1.Is this possible? If so, how? If not, other suggestions to get a similar result with ease of grading?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am encountering a problem I did not have in the spring semester....My summer students are submitting their work as .doc, .docx, or .pdf, as I requested.  But I cannot open them.The only submissions I can open are the ones  in "paper view."  I assu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies