Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I have my exams, but need to copy one of the exams and change the requirements.  How do I just copy the exam and rename it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-22-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I create an empty course shell?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-21-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I re-arrange my announcements on the Announcement Board once I have posted ? Thanx

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a table with images (buttons) on a page. I can easily link videos to the button if they are not from YouTube, but if I try to link a YouTube page to an image as a button, it automatically embeds the video below the button. How can I prevent th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am adding an image to a page. I have added a hyperlink to the image. I would like the hyperlink to open a new tab/window. The HTML keeps rewriting/removing HTML adjustments like target="_blank". It appears that I may need the appropriate value to r...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I know that the weighted grading is available on the assignment "group". But what if I would like to have a weighted grading per specific activity within an assignment group. Eg. Quizzes is 50% of the students grade. Under it are: Quiz 1 is 20%; Quiz...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am using an external tool (Panopto) that has been demonstrating issues linked to quizzing when students access assignments through the tool (Panopto) in through Course Navigation.  The workaround has been for students to access the Panopto assignme...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Some modules have the option to duplicate and some don't.  Why is that?  Type of content, settings?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am new at this and trying to use an interactive google slide as my homepage in canvas. I have tried following directions that I find on line- they all say click edit, and them HTML editor. I don't see HTML editor as a choice. What am I missing? It ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

What is the difference between distance and displacement?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I run a Student Success Center and have administrative access to Canvas so that we can look up student grades and track their course progress. Students have the option of "testing out" grades in their courses to see what final grades they'd get if th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I unlock content?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can these tabs become buttons using some sort of command in the HTML coding?I love how buttons grab your attention and I think having these tabs be buttons would make them easier to differentiate if I could vary the look of each from its neighbor at ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been watching different implementations of CANVAS and I see that the ideal is to have the maximum width of the pages not at 100%, but at a percentage like 80%. This way, it doesn't look bad when the screen resolution is FULLHD.I haven't found ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

on the CANVAS app on my phone, it shows that I have a profile pictureon CANVAS on my laptop it shows that I don't have a profile picturethe photo wont load on my computer 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am a coordinator at OLLI who will be conducting a study group remotely this summer. I have set up my ZOOM account through Northwestern and scheduled a ZOOM meeting with my group as a test a couple of weeks before the semester begins.Normally as a c...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having trouble previewing PDFs in Canvas on Google Chrome on my laptop (image attached below).  It just says loading for the past few days.  A few days ago, I was able to preview PDFs in Canvas on Google Chrome on my laptop.  I can preview PDFs ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-17-2020 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Is it possible to create a links to instructor's Canvas profile pages on a Canvas page? We have a course with multiple instructors and want to create a page which lists each one, with a link to their Canvas profile. I tried copying the URL when the p...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I (or my students) view a Previous Zoom meeting?  When I click on it, it acts as if I want to join the meeting, even though it ended long ago and was recorded.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-20-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am currently having difficulty assigning an exam for a student.  I can not set end dates or time-frame.  Every time I try to save the exam, I get small empty red boxes above the dates.  I am able to assign it to the individual student but not the d...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why am I unable to select and start courses? I have followed the steps to enroll and I get a Error message.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-20-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to put a letter grade on the total in the grade book?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do you rearrange pages in a canvas course

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

when students on both android and desktop enter code they get invalid codejust today i log in canvas platform.#

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where is the LTI link in Canvas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi, as per the video of how to set-up your a/c on Canvas, 'am unable to get the Dashboard view in the same manner.. need assistance, please. Thank you!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello,I'm trying to create an inline preview for a web link in the syllabus  with  the rich text editor.to explain what I want to achieve:When you add a url to a module , the default is a preview window, however you have the option to open it in a ne...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

On an assignment I created, students submitted their paper. I wrote some comments about it next to the assignment on a box for comments; I gave it a grade and sent it back to the student. Now, I don't t know if the student saw my comments or received...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there # I can reach for canvas support?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have administered a quiz and it is closed. May I reopen it for one student to take it because they have an excused absence?I have tried the "unlock this quiz" and it does not open it for the student.thnakstina hubler

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies