Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I have been asked to create a template for our school’s new Canvas page for this year. In the event that we may have to do digital learning again due to COVID-19, our principal wants a common Canvas page for people to access for information. Is there...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but I'd like to find some middle ground between the quiz presenting all the questions on one page or only presenting one question at a time.Is there a way, either in Classic or New Quizzes, to have the quiz...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-23-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I am reading part of the Canvas training that talks about Goole Meets LTI in Canvas.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello. I feel like this is a dumb question so I apologize. But I am in the "Faculty Assistant" role for a course and the Head Instructor has moved "Manage Course" to the section under navigation where "the page is disabled; won't appear in navigation...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-24-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm admin to a class that is 13-weeks, 13 modules.  We are one Module 6 and I have a student who cannot access it today.  She's not been having any issues the past 5 weeks.  I haven't heard anything from the other 29 students in the class about not b...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can students save progress on an assignment and finish it later?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hoe do I add teachers?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! I I would like require students view a recorded lecture before the quiz over that lecture is available for them to take. I am wondering if there is a way to have certain module items (like reviewing the recorded lecture) required before the re...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The co-teacher in our course cannot access all student assignments for review? What do I need to do to fix this problem?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Safari not loading images in courses correctly.- it is not a network issue- it is not a cache issue- it's not an end user issue; but the case is in this snippet of code that lets Safari load the broken image icon instead of the intended picture.Pleas...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I would like to write on my students writen work with my pen. When I click on the pen it only lets me use the mouse to write. I have a touch screen an a pen to write on the screen, but can't get it to work.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I submit a video to an instructor from Brainspring Phonics First?  I have saved the video in My Google docs.  It is too long to upload on the regular assignment page. The video is 33 minutes long,1.88GB.Sincerely,Linda Kinglking@covingtoncount...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to submit a discussion board post. I have entered it in to the correct spot under "reply" but for some reason it's not submitting. Is there a word limit?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

where can we get question banks to upload?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I add a hyperlink from an outside website to my Home Page?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why can't  I post new pictures on my profile?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am doing the Planting section and it is not clear where to find out how to submit an assignment

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How come I can't view my last course from Spring 2020?  It is not on the list of past courses taken.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When Blackboard goes away, how do I access Canvas and how do I use my email? There is no link or access to emails as far as I have found in canvas. I always had to log into Blackboard to get my emails. Please advise. Right now I have a Blackboard ico...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am using Chrome. This just occurred over the weekend and is still happening. I have cleared cookies and caches. I have restarted Chrome. I have restarted my computer. None of that has helped. Thoughts?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 10 Replies

I have two students from two different courses that have had posts in discussion board disappear.  They said they posted them and then when I graded it in speedgrader, they were not there.  Any help?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

What is the difference between pinned discussions and just discussions?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Are there any other lock down browser services Canvas is affiliated with besides Respondus? I need this service for one of my exams.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can you set up so that while the quiz can't be started after a certain time, if a student has already started it, they will be able to complete it? Or is this automatic?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We recently concluded our Canvas PD courses for the Spring Session and now the participants are no longer showing up and their badges are not showing up on their accounts. Is there a way for me to rectify this problem?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi,Is anyone  using Mandatory Orientation course for HS freshmen?  if yes, how is it done?Thank you 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,I am new to k-12 and Canvas.  I used to be Sysadmin in Higher ED.  Blackboard was our LMS, I had the luxury of having in house PL/SQL developers and a Local SIS  "Oracle/Banner"  system.  With  the help of Instructional Technologies,  I was able t...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good morning!  I am trying to access student log files from our Spring 2020 semester.  The CSV export only shows three weeks of access.  My Canvas Account rep has instructed me to utilize Canvas Data, but I am unsure as to how to proceed.Any advice i...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Para notificaciones si lo pude cambiar, pero para accesar a la plataforma no sé donde está la opción

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies