Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Ahoy all,Again in need of help for what students see with discussions differentiated by section.1) we do everything in modules and show a module progression at the bottom of each page.2) we have to have 1 discussion per section by the way Canvas work...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I copied a rubric from a different assignment. I want to add a criterion, but not at the end. I want to place the new criterion in a specific place. For example at the start of the list. Could you please let me know how to do it?Thank youSophia

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-22-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I can't get Badgr to work in our Canvas instance even after following all of their troubleshooting suggestions.  I have tried to submit a ticket but have not received any help.  We have used Badgr in our instance before but the person that set it up ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I published my course on Canvas and I have received two emails that they can not find it on Canvas. What steps should I take next?From,Mr. Moline

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having trouble getting McGraw Hill Campus/Aleck  for my jumpstart class. can someone help me. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

hi! I was doing a quiz just now, I resume the quiz in a new window while keeping the previous one (I didn't delete it). There is only one attempt for the quiz, I was working on the resumed one. By the times up, I click the submit bottom, it still can...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I understand that developer keys are issued by the Canvas admin for the school however I was wondering if Canvas is able to issue a test box for developers who want to implement the OAuth2 flow in their app so they can test the functionality of the a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

If I resubmit an assignment, will it replace the previously submitted assignment, or will both assignments remain uploaded?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

no pude rendir el examen porque no me abria keeper como se puede solucionarEste mensaje ha sido traducido usando Google Translate.Message: I could not take the exam because I did not open keeper how can it be solved

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there an easy way to transfer my assignments rubrics and handouts from Microsoft Teams into Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I upload a file (my new syllabus) into my course and then link it in the syllabus page? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-23-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I do not see a link or any information on how to set up a sandbox for myself.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am trying to download a course template to 'easily' customize for my course, but the first step is to download the file. I am receiving a message of no match found for .imscc.k-5-teacher-appreciation-gift-exportc

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,My dashboard will not load when I log into Canvas. I am using Google Chrome, Version 83. The operating system I an using is a Dell laptop, Windows 10. I tried loading the Canvas login page on Internet Explorer and had no luck, but when trying t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Please call me at [phone number redacted to remove direct contact info from public view].  I was 20th in line, waited 30 minutes then got disconnected.  I cannot download my course syllabus into Canvas.  I DO have my student roster downloaded.  I am ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello I have a question so my laptop is MacBook Air and I'm trying to connect canvas with cengage but I can't connect. I don't know how to do because I have homework to do. Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-04-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have recently been grading a set of essay type questions in new quizzes, and went back to fine tune points and feedback. After each change I clicked update, but the text in the feedback text box did not change. I tried deleting it completely but th...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want to make a quiz worth 10 points (1 point per question), but give students more than 10 questions to allow them additional opportunities to get questions correct even if they don't know all of the material.  For example, give 13 questions but th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a course that run all year around, but I'd like to give access to students for different time periods. How do you set a limited access period for individual students instead of setting a start and end date for the course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-24-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have some duplicates in canvas. How do I remove these?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have recently given an exam in the form of four different (new) quizzes, two of which were essay questions ( I did not use Assignments because I wanted the opportunity to use stimuli and also the quiz log). They worked fine,  but as I am marking no...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

All of a sudden files and documents submitted by my professors, in the modules, will not load their preview. The blue wheel just spins and spins. I have to download every document to look at it. Did I disable something, maybe? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 19 Replies

Hi,I asked this in the Q and A online session but did not get an answer.  Do Boom Cards work through Canvas?  Boom Cards are digital cards, like flash cards, that the student works through and answers.  Also does the web site Readworks.org link with ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-24-2020 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What is the name of the icon in canvas that consist of three dots stacked on top of each other?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Should I wait until a student has accepted a course invite to message them? If I message them before they've accepted the pending invite, will they see it after they accept the pending invite? Or will a message enter the void if I send it before they...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-30-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where can students go to see their grades in Canvas? I cannot find it anywhere

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I see what courses I am enrolled for with the Los Rios Community College System.  I enrolled for a summer course that starts today 6/22/2020 at 6 PM but I can't find my list of courses on Canvas

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach Language Arts, my school is adopting Canvas. I really like the Quiz tool. I do have one complaint. Is there a way to "rearrange the page."  I would like the text (quiz instructions to be on the left) and the questions to be on the right, so s...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I change the name of "files" in my course?  I need to update the names with new textbook edition.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way for colleagues to add content to a course in Canvas from separate accounts? For example, if teachers are team-teaching or administrators are trying to work together to build content for their staff?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies