Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

quick preview section on canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Since the new RCE has been installed (with no guidance), how do I upload from my Google Drive?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

why is it not letting me turn my page into a home page

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Como puedo eliminar mi cuenta? Ya cumplió su cometido con el seminario finalizadoEste mensaje ha sido traducido usando Google Translate.How can I delete my account? It has already fulfilled its mission with the seminar ended

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I try to download a file on CANVAS, the file appears to go up to the download folder at the top right of my MacBook Air, but when I double click to open the file, what appears is not the file, but the Login page for the University I work for.I h...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am having difficulty with the Repodus lock down 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to use some of the interactive activities that I have found in google with my students.  However, our students are not able to access google.   If I link my google to canvas will my students need a google account to do the assignments?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Powerschool did not create a teacher in Canvas because we have another user with the same first initial and last name. Has anyone run into this problem? If so what was done to fix it? 

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I create a rubric for an assignment?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've created a separate .jpg class calendar for my special ed class. (The calendar built into Canvas is too "busy" and it will confuse my kiddos.) Is there any way to create individual links for each day of the week? I'd like my students to be able t...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a free teacher's account and my Join Code won't work for my students? 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, I am a teacher librarian at a high school. We are new to Canvas and I have some questions about my access. We have a SSO through Cloud Connect. The tile I have been given is a student account. How to I get permission to set up a Teacher account f...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I assign assignment groups?  The initial list that should appear in a drop down menu when I am putting an assignment into a group only show "assignments" but the videos show more.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am an instructor of multiple courses within Canvas.  I'd like to have a calendar feed for just one of the courses.  When I get the URL for the calendar feed and add it to my Google calendar, I have events for all of courses.  Is there a way to narr...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can students submit native Illustrator and packaged InDesign files?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to insert images into multiple choice answers?I think this could be very useful for Math and also for younger learners who are still emerging readers, as well as second language students. So if the question, for instance, is "Which of ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to make a recurring assignment

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have used Canvas for a couple of years. I find it a great resource for making training programs. However, can someone please tell me the best way to get student's to enroll on a course and have their correct names actually appear in my student list...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I make LTI app (external tool) visible in Rich text editor (RCE) (e.g. inside assignments section) only if it is enabled for Course navigation ?i.e. if Course navigation is disabled, do not show external tool in RCE either.As shown in screens...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I cannot move a file from My Drive into a course Module.  There are some files that are the original brightness and the ones that are faded are the ones that I cannot move....HELP

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I delete file folders in "files"? There is no toolbar at the top of my window with the option to delete.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would expect this message to show in the top right corner of the screen next to the share and follow buttons.  It's showing up in other places -- I'm not sure why:

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I'm using the Edit Multiple Assignments list but it only allows me to change the due dates, not the times.  If I put 11:59pm in the Due Date box, it changes the due date to the next day. 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm a new user of Canvas at MSOE.  When I'm editing in the Rich Content Editor,  my links show without underlines unless I hover over them. But when I return to my course the links show.  I'm happy the links are obvious in the format my students will...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I create my own navigation link?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is Quiz Log Auditing?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Very new to Canvas. 3rd grade teacher.I am trying to use a pre-created google doc as an assignment. I have two questions:How do I make a copy for each student so each student can edit it individually? I've attempted this a few times, and have come up...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to embed or link a Google Slide into Canvas where the slide maintains its interactive properties?  I have created Google Slides from previous paper documents that I have used in the classroom.  However, when I do embed or link a Google...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Anyone have any idea why my add people button isn't active (blue)?I am trying to add a student to my course but the +people button is gray.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created a quiz with multipe choice answrers.  However when previewing the quiz only the question comes up with no possible answers.  Any ideas?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies