Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi, The recap and files from last year have been placed in an archive course folder. How do I move selected files from the archive folder to this new year course folder?  Thanks.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to upload edited syllabus

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why are answers to matching questions randomized? I want the answers to always be in the same order. I entered answers labeled A through L, but they show up the drop-down list in various orders. That is extremely confusing and frustrating for student...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

While brainstorming how we can get students more engaged virtually I considered how video games keep people hooked even though it’s a game they have played already for days. They use achievements to unlock digital rewards, something that goes on thei...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello All. How do I run a report to export that shows me all active users by type?Thank you,Nikki

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When grading a question in a quiz in Canvas, I used to be able to put the number of points in and hit return.  Now if I hit return, that takes me to the top of the quiz and I have to scroll back down to the question where the points I entered are NOT...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Since sometime in the Spring, whenever I initially try to send an email, Canvas locks up for 10 or so seconds.  Then I have to restart the email process again.  This isn't just me who has had the problem.  What happened?  It did not used to do this.

• 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

How do I set up a project site for a group of admins vs. a course site?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Course Deleted:One of my courses has disappeared.  How do I get it back?  I am an instructor and presented the class one month ago but it is no longer visible to me.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Would it be possible to set-up the following quiz (or, possibly, other assessment format in Canvas) and not run into problems with marking/point allocation?Students are given N number of questions randomly drawn from a question pool, but are supposed...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to share questionbanks with collegues?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need an LTI link to MS Dynamics. Does anyone know if one exists? If not, how do I go about creating one? Any suggestions gratefully received!

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how do I receive turnitin feedback

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I enable the Attendance Roll Call tool?  It's not showing up in my LTI list and I'm not seeing how to do it (I'm a Canvas Admin)

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I set Canvas so that  an observer of a student  gets an email  notification that I have sent back assessed work back to a student and an also in the email get a  link to that students assessed work in canvas??

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do you delete a course?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've had this happen to me twice. Last week I uploaded Wk 6 HW Part 2. It was in my Google file stream as a network drive. I uploaded it from the G drive on my Windows 10 PC Version 1909 Build 18363.900. The submission page loaded just fine. It showe...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I upload imagery into my assignments for students to see for reference. They see them for a while but suddenly, inexplicably student get locked out and see only a padlock icon. Can you help?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are implementing Canvas 5-12 next year.  Our 5th and 6th grades use standards-based grading and 7-12 more traditional.  What is the best way to set this up?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi!I just completed another Canvas course and went to my Badgr backpack to check what my status is currently. I have been completing courses with Canvas since the first week of June through my school district and had originally applied to collect my ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I really like the idea of Mute notifications if it allows the instructor to keep notifications from going out? Does it? I can't tell you how many times I make little tweaks to content or to a PD course where faculty stay in the course after they have...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I ordered a Sandbox this morning?  How do I access it?  Where is it on the icons on the left hand side of Home Page?Patricia

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I am trying to listen to the canvas teacher observations through Texas teachers but it is not letting me, it only has subtitles. Can you help me with mastering the listening of the videos please?thank you.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

dashboard screen is empty on my macbook air only? Do I need to change a setting?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to assign a mastery path to only one student in the course and not the others?  Would this be a way to let one student who has a unique schedule finish ahead of the class?  Is there a better method?

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Why won't my class load on the dashboard?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I edit my narrated powerpoint in Yuja?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I upload an assignment to Canvas? The worksheet is made up of hand lettering, drawings, etc.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I need to change my grade level information. When I go to the profile and click edit, there is no way to change from second to fourth grade. How do I change my grade information? 

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies