Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi, Can I delete a course I created and start over#

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to create an assignment where students can answer questions directly in a text box. When I create an online assignment, under "Online Entry Options", I see a box that says "Text Entry". However, selecting that doesn't seem to do anything at al...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A student can't attend the conference meeting: when she clicks the join button, she receives an annnouncement: 401 unauthorized.What to Do?She did received an invitation for the conference and other students were able to join the conference.Kind rega...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-25-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So I copied a Quiz from previous semester into this semester's class....but somehow when imported, it copied itself over my existing quiz which students already took in class. Can I undo this? HOW?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How I can delete my teacher account?I made an error with my institutional email and I don't want to use other email to access to Canvas. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, I'm wondering if there is a way to map a quiz created for one course in other courses.  Not just copying the quiz in other courses, but I'd like the quiz to be mapped to the original so that when I need to make a change in the original the change...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-27-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Are there any apps that can be embedded which allows students to contribute to a mindmap? - Other than Padlet.Thanks 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-27-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am watching the video in Canvas 101 on turning on Quizzes.next but when I go to the features option I don't see the toggle for quizzes.next. How do I turn on quizzes.next?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-17-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I change the picture on my course card?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can you post outcomes to a page as learning objectives for a module?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been using BB successfully for my classes but today when I used the breakout room function, my students all left to their rooms- however I was not given the option of joining a room and couldn't drop in and out like I normally would do. See sc...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-19-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to upload a .docx to BigBlueButton, so my students can download it and work in small groups on the project- but at the moment I can only upload .pdf I looked in the shared notes but can't see any place there to upload, nor is there a fun...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-04-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What is the difference between enrolling in a class and adding it to your shopping cart?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'd like to copy the due dates from the canvas calendar into google calendar.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-16-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am new to Canvas.   Where do I begin to create a rubric that can be attached to an assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello - this is my first post, and this is probably a very basic question. Is there a way that I can download all our of institution's data, which is currently in Canvas, in CSV format? We switched to a different system for our Student Information Sy...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-22-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My instructor gave me an add code for the course that I accidentally got dropped from, how to I add back the course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HI:I am interested to try a dry run on a quiz. I cant seem to be able to assign myself or a TA to the quiz so that we can try it out? I dont want to put a quiz online without first testing the environment and making sure I know what the students will...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to edit a grade in the rubric but can't figure out how!!!  Thank you.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to I set course files, particularly proprietary audio and video files, as view only and disable downloads? (With the move of more proprietary content to digital access this has become a high priority for us!)

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

does Canvas interact with Edulastic? Does it interact with Quizizz?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I upload my power point so the instructor can see it?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the course average grade as reported in Canvas New analytics? Is it the average total score according to the weighted graded assignments?ThanksEli

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

One of the options in answering an essay question is "text" meaning the student enters the text where?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Any California Community College admins out there? I'm trying to help our community education folks import the New World of Work IMSCC course package but it appears to be defective. I'm unable to import it in either Canvas or D2L. Both say the packag...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to embed a google slide and have it in edit mode where the objects can be moved around ? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Morning All,I am trying to determine the role associated with a user in the User_dim table. I haven't been able to find an entity relationship diagram for Canvas Data so any help much appreciated in terms of tables and fields I need.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In my Canvas account settings, my work and personal emails are listed as "Ways to Log In" however only my work email allows me to login. How do I make it so my personal email allows me to login into Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi everyone,I am wondering if anyone has used Open Processing (Teach Coding with OpenProcessing) in Canvas. They claim to have a code editor and sketch view online, so I am wondering if this is compatible with Canvas using an LTI perhaps? Or maybe em...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can students write on an assignment and submit to the teacher? How do the students submit? Online, Google Doc?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies