Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How do you grade assignments, save grades and post all grades at the same time. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, can canvas see if I took a screenshot of the exam?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi  - My instructor said she would publish the Canvas page to a course so we could have access to the policies and syllabus etc today right, and I went on Canvas. It says it's "Published," but it doesn't let me in? Why am I not able to go onto the co...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm utilizing New Quizzes for a variety of assessment types, including homework. On homework assignments, I want students to have multiple attempts so that they can identify their mistakes and try those specific problems again. The issue I ran into w...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I set up a graded quiz (in geology) that Canvas can grade automatically?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I use Math quill? Why does pi not appear the way it should be?

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

HI, I am an instructor and am creating modules that are enabled in the course navigation. But when i switch to student view, i cannot see the modules (they are published). What am i doing wrong?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to add a new quiz assessment on Canvas for my class but I want to make sure they do not search answers on google or any other platform. Does canvas allow me to record what students are typing on and off of the canvas page (such as the internet...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

It says im not enrolled in any classes? 

• 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello,Recenlty I held a multiple choice quiz for an asynchronous course. I made the students' responses hidden, along with the correct answers, because I didn't want them sharing. But now students are asking to see what they selected on their quizzes...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Greetings Canvas Community,I recently noticed the Canvas DocViewer and embedded files take forever and a day to load using Chrome. Initially, I thought this issue was due to my internet service. However, I do not have the same issues using Firefox. I...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I measure student discussion activity?  Is there an analytics measurement for only this activity?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I conduct a poll on Canvas?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cant get collaborations to work in my group

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can you make an LTI with a Kahoot app so professors can upload grades from Kahoot records?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I’ve installed Canvas and is running it locally with Docker (on stable branch). I’m currently experimenting with the assignment selection placement. I sent a deep linking response (containing only one LTI resource - ltiResourceLink) back to Canvas, f...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've tried figuring this out on my own and the "Help" tab in the left margin of Canvas keeps looping me back to my Dashboard. I need to know how to activate and use Turnitin for my students' essay submission portals. Thanks in advance for help w...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

why won’t my lease smart transfer to my canvas account. 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

RubricHi,How do I create a rubric within an assignment that would be visible to the students?Thanks,Steve

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot figure out how to upload my updated syllabus.Thanks!Kris Meyermeyer2@bvu.edu

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I would like to copy one of my previous courses into a new shell for Fall, and I reviewed all the steps on line in the help to copy a course, Settings, Copy Course, but I do not have "copy this course" listed in my sidebar menu. Why is that? and how ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

One feature that I miss from our previous platform (ANGEL) was the ability to track student activity. I could set it up so that I could see if a specific student opened/accessed specific folders and files in ANGEL. From what I see, CANVAS has only a ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have completed my registration for a free Canvas user an Instructor.  I have logged in successfully several times. I have a partially completed a course module that I want to publish.  I have attempted several times to publish this, but every time ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi allI designed a course and published it and now I'm trying to find the course and I can't find it.the name of the course is Positive CommunicationI need your help please

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does Canvas allow me to added weighted categories to my gradebook?  If not, can I assign a percentage of the semester grade for each assignment?  i.e.  6 quizzes, each worth 5% of grade, 4 essays, each worth 10% of grade, one final project, worth 30%...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have been facing an issue to access my course, as soon as my launch my course a page comes up stating that "login to your class before accessing this course" , could anyone please help me in this regard, as soon as possible.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

So I am assisting a Professor to develop his own personal educational site outside of Canvas.  The Professor I am working with wishes to pull information off of Canvas and display it in the off-site display.  He is wanting to pull general information...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I upload my Vidgrid video to a Page?  I can not find where the icon has moved to now.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need help getting my content to show on the app and internet using apple ipad 

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies