Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hello, i'm trying to look for a way to have students sign up to office hours - and somehow make it a weekly requirement that they MUST do, i had thought of using discussions, has anyone got any other ideas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want students to be able to watch a lecture video in Canvas but I do NOT want them to be able to download or save the video outside of Canvas (to their laptop, etc.)How can I set up this kind of file restriction?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In Assignments, teachers can access and download student work, grade them with comments, and bulk upload them back into Canvas.In Canvas' Quiz tool, suppose we have a question where students need to attach/upload a text file to be graded. It would be...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 11 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where is the activities heading found?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I change the due date for lock date?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-16-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there anything that has to be done to a pdf to have it keep hyperlinks when uploaded to a course in Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We have a faculty member who posted Assignment Comments in Speedgrader and then deleted the Assignment Comments on a Canvas Assignment. Does anyone know of a way to recover deleted Assignment Comments. Any ideas?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have an instructor that would like to have Canvas deduct 10 points automatically when an assignment is submitted late. The problem I'm running into is that he would like this to be a one-time deduction, meaning it doesn't matter is the student subm...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The New Quizzes function is infuriating!!  Is there a way for it to tell you if someone completed an attempt?  Currently it doesn't indicate this at all.  Also, how can you see who has not had the essay questions graded so that I can jump to those qu...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

-

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My school district says to go to Canvas and using the filters, find templates that I can use at DPS.  I can find no where that indicates there are filters.  What do I do?Thank you!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi all, I need some help with calendar. How do I make changes after setting up blocks of time? For example, I created time slots for student reviews - all day Thursday and Friday. Then, I have to change the schedule and take off 2 hours at lunch time...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have started a product design course. I have formed student groups, All students groups built their home pages. I have conducted group web page design competition,Now all groups suddenly lost their pages. Please suggest guidelines to recover.. Than...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-17-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I resume a course where I left off? It's taking me back to the pre-test quiz and I was already well into the course.Denise Miner-Williams

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It is my understanding that when migrating a classic quiz to quizzes.next, questions that were in a Question Group do not migrate. However, when I do this, using the Migrate tool in a single quiz, I do see the questions when I preview the quiz. Is th...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I move a course from the bottom of my courses to the top or to another position in the navigation menu bar?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

After the class is closed for the school year, how do I access the total activity for each student?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can you copy questions in a survey or quiz?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can you ask a Likert Scale question in a survey - is it called something else?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

New to canvas - how do I see data and results from quizzes or assignments. Also since I do not have students yet, can I see and example of the data I will see?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I try to log into the Dashboard, my squares are just flickering and they won't open.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Where can I see examples of second grade canvas courses, modules, homepages, etc? My district is just moving to canvas and I need a visualization of where to start and how to organize. Thank you!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to use Canvas as a video chat with my deaf class?  We really MUST be able to see one another!   Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello. What is the best way in Canvas to set up an online diary/journal function, visible only to an individual student and to me? I've used this in a different VLE for reflective practice and to offer individual support to students. Thanks for your ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Como um aluno pode postar um trabalho na plataforma do Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

As an ESL instructor, I don't want my students to use a grammar check - I need to see where their mistakes are.  We don't have Grammarly integrated into Canvas, but it still works as a browser extension.  Anyone know of a way to disable the browser e...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to connect our OBIEE 12c Tool (OAS eventually) with Canvas so I can extract course data (completion data, etc.) to mash-up with other data currently in OBIEE and was wondering if it has been done? If so, how? What connections are required...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do i add a link to my canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I copy course content from one Canvas account and import it to the same course but for another Canvas account which does not have the course content of that course to select from?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why is BigBlueButton not recording my presentation?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies