Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I want to send an email to my class and know how to use the Inbox to do so. The class is published (but no content posted yet). The class does not come up as an option under Favorite Courses or More Courses. 1. What should I do to make the fall 2020 ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Any other admins out there noticing that SIS is really slow right now?  Our hourly update which normally takes 10 minutes has looped around to the next hour and now our queue is getting pretty backed up.  I've opened a ticket, but curious if we are i...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

On the Dashboard, how do I change the color of my course to white?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I create a shell course in Canvas? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am looking for an APP that works with canvas so students can create artwork. What is a good suggestion?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can I use stylus while grading assignments on Canvas? I know it does not work on Blackborad. Is it the same here? Thank you

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I set the percentage of the total course grade that each group of assignments is worth?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have 17 published courses. When school starts back, I will have 22 published courses. Can I clean up my dashboard? Is there a way to delete or remove classes where I was a student and that course is now no longer relevant?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello!I would like to make a multiple answers quiz where partial credit can be given. For example, if a questions has 5 possible answers, 3 of which are correct, I would like to give partial credit if a student gets 2 of these answers correct. Would ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am currently testing the New RCE prior to deployment in our instance of Canvas. Whilst greatly improved the removal of the right hand file/item menu does leave quite a bit of blank space on the screen (see mouse pointer in image below).Are there an...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm having a problem with the Canvas system and Alcorn state university my password continue to not except and I Really want to be in class online and I can't even do my assignment. can you help me?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I export a list of all published courses in canvas

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I downloaded a template package and I want to put an assignment with a rubric attached.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We have TWO Sections which are in the same COURSE.     We would like to combine these two Sections into one Section (all still inside the same COURSE).       We have seen a few other questions on this topic which suggest that CROSS LISTING is the way...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My name is Cassandra Heard. I’ve been at SDCCD over 30 years, teaching ESL to adult students. It always seems strange that I would have stayed in one place so long, but I enjoy the community and love working with my students. I have no online teachin...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We finished the deveopment of an LTI app.EduAppCenter:- The app was submitted in EduAppCenter and approved.- The LTI app is has "Canvas" enabled in "Supported Platforms"- The LTI app availability is "public" in EduAppCenter and we can even see our LT...

• 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Need help to find how to post to discussion.

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

i am getting an error message when i sync grades:msg reads: one or more of your students b/c canvas course is not confirgured with a grading scheme

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Whenever I use canvas on my phone it works but if I use it on my Mac it does not. Recently it would load huge icons and would not show me the selections I am clicking. I cleared my cache and it seemed to load. Now when I log in to canvas it looks nor...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I add a student to my canvas class?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can you please tell me if Canvas has the ability to pull courses from SchoolsPLP into various classes?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

in my Success in College he wants a paper submitted by text document

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Does anyone know how to put questions that require structural formulas in their answers into quizzes and exams?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Problem: I've been struggling with the fact that online discussions are very different than face-to-face discussions, but instructors often use them as a replacement for face-to-face (F2F) discussions with little thought on their different affordance...

• 6 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We need to either keep the classic quiz format or integrate Lockdown Browser into the new quiz format. It is a MUST for our university testing.I'm also a bit frustrated today that I don't have the option to add a Classic Quiz

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

enable students to see assignments make it vis]ble to students

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I moved an imported assignment that was 0% grading weight to the summative section (72% grading weight) and when I look at the grades, I get this error "The assignment itself does have points and is showing correctly in the assignment section.  Any s...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why are some of my course materials locked, so that students can't open them up or open up a file linked to an assignment?

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies