Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Greetings, Community,I am looking for a good way to have students share photos, possibly through an external LTI app. What I'm after is:Each student submits a set of photographs (their own album)Other students in the same student group can browse eac...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I copy a course module from one course to another course?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i can't find the assignments I'm supposed to complete after i started on my phone and switched to my laptop

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How large can videos be uploaded to Canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Contract grading folks:What are your biggest peeves with Canvas and the grade book? I'm aware of two issues:When you export a gradebook to save, the grades are changed to zero instead of complete/incompleteQuizzes cannot be set to complete/incomplete...

• 11 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I make my course visible? On my settings in  the visibility option it is unabled.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to remove/hide certain assignments from students to do lists.  I understand that, since I will be manually entering the grade, that the assignment will appear in the gradebook.  That's okay. However, most of my students live and die by the to ...

• 1 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Hi,My instructor wrote comments on my assignment as feedback after grading it. But I    cannot see the comments even though she says they are there. How do I    view the comments? I    have clicked "view feedback" and it opens up a new window with my...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello fellow Canvas users. I have a kind of unique question. My school is transitioning the majority of course courses from a previous LMS we have used to Canvas which we have had for a number of years. In this move we'd like to control who and what ...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Embedded images are not showing up. What shows up is a square with a question mark. What can I do to solve the problem?

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Can I translate work I have created in English to Spanish, and then publish?Is their a tool in canvas to do this after creating a document?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! Does anyone have any experience embedding podcasts from Adobe Audition into their Canvas course?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'd like to floor all of my grades to 55% in my class, so I want my rubrics to show the lowest score as a 55%, but currently it is requiring me to make it 0%.  Is there any way to override that default 0%?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hey there,I'm working with my faculty on setting up our deployment for this coming year. One of the things we'd love to do is integrate the ACTFL "Can Do" statements as outcomes we can track across our Modern Language classrooms. I haven't been able ...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have noticed that unless I am very careful and click the post reply button twice my responses to students do not post. Is anyone else having this issue?I have to admit I am pretty unhappy with Canvas as an LMS platform. The cons are beginning to ou...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our university wants to have a template for a common course Front Page.  We are creating the template ourselves.  Is there a way to automatically have ALL the courses set up that way each semester so that the instructor just has to edit the template?...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I enrolled in my course last night and it's not showing up on my Canvas this morning. I emailed my professor and sent him a screenshot. I contacted my help desk via email already since the campus is closed due to the pandemic. Is there anything else ...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I have four questions about Quizzes.1) Is it possible to divide quizzes into groups e.g. Quizzes for Lessons in Semester 1/ Summative Quizzes etc.? If so, how?  2) When designing a quiz and filling in the parts of a multiple matching (for example...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have created a courses that are for the same group of people and I want to add them to the course. Currently, I can add them one at a time because they are in one course, but is there a faster way to do it, such as a mass import.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'd like to be able to export data from my course (not for credit course in Canvas if that's helpful), see video views, determine how often links have been clicked on, etc. It seems to be that my needs are more specific than what 'New Analytics' is a...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to identify/flag participants who have edited their responses in the grade book so I can go back to review and rule out copying/plagiarism? 

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I turn off notifications for one course not all my course I am teaching?

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I'm an instructor. My quizzes are for some reason not viewable to students. But the quizzes themselves say PUBLISHED. Please explain how to change the settings so my students can access the quizzes. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I am marking a set of new quizzes which I have to grade manually or partly manually. One of them is a fill in the blanks where I ask students to both write an answer  and also choose from a drop-down list. The problem is that sometimes  the autom...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I wish to restrict my students to copy the Question text while he/she taking quizzes. Is there any way to do this in Canvas ?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our university is transferring its LMS from Moodle to Canvas.Here's what I do to import my math quizzes into Moodle:I typeset the entire quiz on LaTeX.Using the package moodle, LaTeX produces a PDF copy of the quiz along with a XML file.I go to Moodl...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I change a page into an assignment. I have already created a page but now would like it as an assignment.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies