Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How do I move content from my sandbox to my course shell?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-10-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm in the process of retrofitting my entire course to make it fully accessible, and changing all my headings (for which I'd just used font sizes) to the actual Heading categories...but Canvas doesn't change them! The only way to implement the actual...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a Category question.  For this type of question it gives all or nothing for credit.  I have 10 items and want it to be 10 points, how can I change so each portion is counted?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-22-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a folder with 39 files that represents one assignment submission.  How can I do that without uploading each file individually - that's 39!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-11-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I made a video in screencastify and want to embed it in a module in my class.  Could anyone provide steps on how I should do this?  I appreciate any assistance and guidance.Dianne Prosack

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-12-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 13 Replies

I am trying to create an announcement and assignment and needing to copy and paste a URL to find it. I have NO idea how to do this. Where IS the URL?  Too confused.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

With all the remote instruction that we have all gone to, quickly in some cases, I wonder how other's are making sure students that need additional time are getting that.When the exam is open for an extended period like a week and students have a 60 ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have turned on New Quizzes in Feature Options in our Test instance for four course sites. Right after I turned it on I went to Quizzes and click + Quiz it asks me if I want to use New Quizzes I check the box and use New Quizzes. Now several days la...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-12-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

We had an exam lost that was graded. Is there away to  recover it? Please help.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way using the lockdown browser and with or without respondus that I can monitor a quiz

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Any suggestions would be most welcome...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

A colleague has a question. They have large classes classes (350+).They are aware that groups can be created in Canvas, but would like to know from how it works regarding setting up groups for an assignment and then grading individually. They are hop...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have students submit many images through Canvas for grading, but grading them directly in Canvas isn't ideal. Do you have any suggestions on how to do this in a better way?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm interested in some of the lesser known features of Canvas that are valuable to instructors.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I design exam questions so that it's not easy to simply look up an answer online, and actually gauges students' level of understanding?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When is Canvas going to allow faculty to make global edits, either within a course, or across courses? An example of the former would be one announcement that you could send across all courses. An example of the latter would be to set a due date for ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Long number instead of name showing up in Roster how does the teacher change it.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 Replies

As a student, how can I upload a PowerPoint file onto Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Everyone, We have been working on setting up the Canvas LTI but are running into some issues. Canvas seems to pass information back to webwork when someone logs in but webwork does not do anything with it. I have checked the authen_LTI.conf over a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I add my class code into canvas so I can see my assigments?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi there!  Does anyone have an updated list of Canvas LTIs and the requirements for setting them up (ex. Do I need a paid membership to set up integration?  Phone numbers or websites to contact for codes & keys?)?  I'm looking for information beyond ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

This is an urgent question. I have been having students post assignments on Canvas for years. I set up an assignment under 'synchronous assignment' only to realize that there is no way for students to post the assignment there. I tried editing to all...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

On the people page I noticed when some students accepted the course a 21 digit number shows in the place of the name and login. How do I as the teacher fix it. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I put daily update on my homepage?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My school is new to CANVAS.  We are using it for summer school.  We are a Google District.1.Can I create a Google Meet link for my students to join my class for synchronous instruction? Or does my district admin have to do that?2.  Also, can I create...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I name a course?  My course name keeps showing up as "Workroom..."  I have changed the Course Nickname, but it is still coming up with the Workroom name and the time I started it.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cant access module guides or deliverables. It worked just fine in previous semesters on this computer and browser. is that site funtioning as it should be? I am able to log in and access my classes but not material.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi there,I'm running into a problem while creating a line item in Canvas.Here IMS Global documentation mentions that "A tool MAY specify the initial start time/end time" and shows this example of post body:{ "id" : "https://lms.example.com/context/...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For accommodations, some students get 1.5 or 2x time extension. Is there any way to do this for all the quizzes for a specific student at once, or do I have to go to each quiz individually and give the student extra time through the Moderate function...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I am trying to understand whether or not Canvas Data Services and the subscriptions to events (Live Events) that we can set up through it is the answer to our problem. In essence, we want info about Canvas events to be kicked to Zapier so we can s...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-29-2020 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 9 Replies