Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

We're a 3rd Party provider and have a standalone account created on canvas.instructure.com. We are in need of a Canvas account with full admin rights, so we can create courses with users that have the TA role.We’re currently blocked on an issue one o...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-09-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When will Canvas turn back on the ability for students to see each other in conferences?  I know this was turned off to help with performance, but I was wondering  if there was a set date to turn it back on.  Thank you.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

hi, I'm trying to login to access as a student to the CC Explorers: Digital Camp. It's the second session and I was able to access the first but am denied access this time.  I think I may have accidently set up 2 accounts - one as a teacher and one a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do you integrate a Nearpod onto a Page in a Canvas module?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hej, hur skapar jag grupper i Canvas?Translation from Google Translate:Hi, how do I create groups in Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I retrieve a video I already posted in another class?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I convert last semester's calendar of assignments to the fall semester?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to attach a document in people on canvas? There is a way to send a message, but I do not see anything on how to attach a document. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Cannot sign in for workshop session?  I need to take a workshop so that I can establish the initial set of CANVAS but I cannot enter the workshop sessions.  I have missed several I keep getting a message that says that I registered.  I get a reminder...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm a tutor for Atoms to Humans and had been added to the course as an observer. I need to be able to have access to the course material for my job so that I can reread the information to better help the students. This morning I was going to do some ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

my quiz is closed but still i cant see my attempt prewiev. i have to see my questions immediately.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to do an introductory video for my course and every time I record it says my camera/sound is not recording. What must I do? Alain Grossbard, RMIT University. Course is Manage fundraising and sponsorship activities (c6140043561)

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want to grade my discussions so that I can give students quantitative feedback in addition to my comments, but I don't want the graded discussions to count towards the final grade. In regular assignments, there is the checkbox to exclude an assignm...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a complete newbie to this.  My new school uses Canvas - I am used to using Moodle.  Moodle is completely open-source/free if you have your own server.  What about Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,Can we implement SSO with Canvas and Drupal such that we can navigate from Canvas to Drupal using SAML, If Yes, i would like to know the steps to configure the settings on both the applications.Right now I'm able to navigate from Canvas to Drupal ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

where do I find pairing code for parent log in

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

can students see assignment comments immediately

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My school district cannot help, ICMEE cannot help, and they both directed me to Canvas to fix the problem.  I was struggling to register for my new course and in the process, my two previous classes are missing.  They show up in Canvas as new and all...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I cannot upload a power point presentation. I keep getting error code 400. How can I fix this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Speed grader defaults to split view on entry - document viewer on the left, rubric and comments on the right.I can get the doc viewer to be full screen (rubric and comments hidden) by clicking on the 3 dots on the left of the line that splits the two...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-08-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I an image for my profile picture?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am in the ECOTS training class that began today, 6/8.I am trying to upload a profile picture and cannot. Is it because Emory won't allow this or do I need to try something else?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I am wanting to do some "cleanup" in my Canvas Admin Console as we have courses in there from 5 years ago as well as courses taught by teachers who are no longer at our school.  I am just curious as to what others do.  Do you keep your courses in...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 15 Replies

Hi,I have interested in Canvas.I know that it was introduced to several universities in Korea. How did they introduce it when Korean language support is not available? Please tell me how to buy it. And where should I contact if there is a technical p...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The course is not on my Canvas Dashboard. Is there a different way to join? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have upload a pptx file for a presentation into Collaborate, in a number of slides we added music, however on Collabrate it doesn't seem to work.How do we ensure that the music is played on these slides?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I have completed the course "Best Practices for Biomedical Research Data Management" on Canvas Network.It said that the pdf version of the certificate has been sent to your email, but I haven't received the certification to my email yet.Please ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have used multiple wifis, and the website will load, but none of the text in my modules will load, and I cannot submit work. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there anyone who is using a campus-wide Canvas course at the high school level? Our district is trying to establish some guidelines or best practices to help our campuses create this type of course. A few examples of what might be included are col...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I am a new user of the page as an instructor. But, I couldn't find "content page" on the row.  Can you tell how to find it? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies