Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

What is a "Sandbox" course?How do I add an assignment to my Sandbox course called Practice Assignment?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I create a Canvas shell for advising where I keep documents, resources, etc.? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The appointment group tab isn't coming up on my sandbox. Do I have to have students enrolled to view it?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We are required to develop an attendance plan for our district to submit to the state for approval. Using the asynchronous method, how can we account for attendance for our students in a lagging system (we will have from 12:00 AM until 11:59 PM for o...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have published my homework classroom and I told parents to go there to get onto my Webex meeting tonight. I’m not sure why but they are not seeing my course on their homepage. Can you please help me with this? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I use a permalink to a streaming video?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I was using this API to get all users enrolled in course, there are more than 1000 users in the course, it worked before , but now no matter the page is it's only return same 100 results. /api/v1/courses/8773/enrollments?per_page=100&page=1/api/v1/co...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I imported content from another course, had help from you guys to do it.  when I went back, after making all my. changes, they were all gone.  Full days work, gone poof.  help . . .

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm linking mcgraw-hill connect homework assignments with my canvas course. they show up in the grade book as they should in my assignment group called homework.  They don't all have the same number of questions (some have 4, some 7, etc). when grade...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you take items out of a Monday button and replace the next week?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created a test for my class. The normal time for everyone is 2.5 hours. But I have a DPS student who needs 5 hours. How can I extend the Test time for "just one student"? My test is today, please help me. Thanks!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I hit Edit on a page, I don't have the right-hand sidebars. What do I need to do?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to see how a student did on a particular Outcome each time it was assessed using a rubric that included the outcome?  I know how to see the summary score in the Learning Mastery Gradebook, but I'd like to be able to see how they did ov...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I cannot "unfavorite" any of my unpublished classes...from 2018/'19. I would like to remove them. It only allows me to move them up/down/left/right...totally different than my coworker's screen options. How do I fix this? 

• 2 Likes
  • 8 Replies

When I click the "validate links" under settings, I get that some of my links are not available. How do I fix a link that is not working for students?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I get the students to se areas that are not visible 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can i delete a page on canvas

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm teaching 3rd grade and helping students create accounts. One of the accounts was created using the link in the email and didn't ask for the student to create a username, so it  automatically defaulted to using the email as their username. How do ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am drafting a syllabus; there is no icon (that I recognize) for page break\

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Just as the title suggests, my school got canvas a few years ago but never implemented it.  I am in the process of picking up the pieces and trying to find my schools customer success manager and implementation consultant.  My schools administration ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have copied my announcements from last year as many of them will serve the same function this year.  Some came up as delayed posting while others came up with dates that don't match the actual date they were sent.After changing the date I want them...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have quizzes with a combination of MC and essay questions. I would like to use a writing rubric with outcomes when scoring the quiz. Any suggestions?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to disable the previous/next buttons at the bottom of a page? I have day of the week buttons on my homepage and content for that week is organized in a module with a page for each week. When a student finishes all of the activities for...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Troubleshoot: Adding Flipgrid to a Canvas CourseI have watched this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDvEadGSwPM&feature=emb_title but yet when I refresh the page after following all the steps, the link for Flipgrid never appears on the left han...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anyone know how to disable the spell check on the Quiz function for short answer/essay questions?I teach anatomy, and the students have spelling as a required component for grading, so the spell check needs to disappear in order to prevent infla...

• 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I create a new page and edit it I never get the HTML editor option.  How do I get that to show up or where do I find it so I can embed outside content?Thanks!

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Our district creates courses in Math, Reading, Science, and Social Studies which automatically populates with our students for the year.  I would like to streamline the way that students access modules/assignments for our upcoming school year.  I wou...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I love the discussion abilities that Canvas gives us teachers!  I used it in Blackboard in other classes, and the students enjoyed it too.I am a high school ELA teacher.  I want to use discussions to pose thought-provoking questions that students wou...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you get Google Slides/Docs to authorize from Canvas. It keeps saying Authorize by logging in, but does not have a log in screen. I am logged into my account. What am I missing? I am trying to add Google slides to Canvas for assignments. Thanks...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies