Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

My school district cannot help, ICMEE cannot help, and they both directed me to Canvas to fix the problem.  I was struggling to register for my new course and in the process, my two previous classes are missing.  They show up in Canvas as new and all...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I cannot upload a power point presentation. I keep getting error code 400. How can I fix this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Speed grader defaults to split view on entry - document viewer on the left, rubric and comments on the right.I can get the doc viewer to be full screen (rubric and comments hidden) by clicking on the 3 dots on the left of the line that splits the two...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-08-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I an image for my profile picture?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am in the ECOTS training class that began today, 6/8.I am trying to upload a profile picture and cannot. Is it because Emory won't allow this or do I need to try something else?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-09-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I am wanting to do some "cleanup" in my Canvas Admin Console as we have courses in there from 5 years ago as well as courses taught by teachers who are no longer at our school.  I am just curious as to what others do.  Do you keep your courses in...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 15 Replies

Hi,I have interested in Canvas.I know that it was introduced to several universities in Korea. How did they introduce it when Korean language support is not available? Please tell me how to buy it. And where should I contact if there is a technical p...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The course is not on my Canvas Dashboard. Is there a different way to join? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have upload a pptx file for a presentation into Collaborate, in a number of slides we added music, however on Collabrate it doesn't seem to work.How do we ensure that the music is played on these slides?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I have completed the course "Best Practices for Biomedical Research Data Management" on Canvas Network.It said that the pdf version of the certificate has been sent to your email, but I haven't received the certification to my email yet.Please ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have used multiple wifis, and the website will load, but none of the text in my modules will load, and I cannot submit work. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there anyone who is using a campus-wide Canvas course at the high school level? Our district is trying to establish some guidelines or best practices to help our campuses create this type of course. A few examples of what might be included are col...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I am a new user of the page as an instructor. But, I couldn't find "content page" on the row.  Can you tell how to find it? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was assigned to make a original post I have no clue what that is .

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I make a user file as a student? And then how do I embed an image into a discussion?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The assignment is worth ten points but the rubric only has 4 criterion totaling 8 points. Can I get Canvas to automatically to change the ratings so that is comes up to ten? It looks like I only have two options; to change the assignment total, which...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What is the best way for us to post an actual article for an assignment required by our professor?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If I create a group set and allow students to self-enroll, can I make an assignment that is a group assignment?  The guide says groups created by students cannot be used for Group Assignments and will not appear in drop down.  Also, is the same true ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am looking to create a New Canvas Quiz (similar to the old style) where I can say I want 5 random questions from Bank A, 5 random questions from Bank B, etc. If you were to retake the quiz, you would be assigned a different random set of 5 question...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there a way to share a Word document or another text document for all students to see and edit online during the teacher presentation so that we can all take notes on the same document? This will allow us to share the effort and work together on o...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a help line number that I can direct a student to who is having troubles accessing their account?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I schedule a past quiz for only one student without sending out an alert to other students?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I upload a picture to my card view on the dashboard?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

what date format do I use for completing my profile?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! Is there a way to create groups and assign different groups different assignments? For example I want Group 1 and 2 to complete Assignment A, but only Group 1 needs to complete Assignment B. Can I create groups for this so I do not have to type a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can't find anything "official" about these different options in the grade book. I have a particular situation now, but may have a different one later, and I'd like to know what these do; how do they behave differently from one another?If I want my ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have a group we are trying to send emails to but the drop down listing in the email doesn't have them.  The group has 17 students but only 7 show up in the drop down menu in the email side of the program. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

All of my files are in Google Drive and I'd like to move them into a module.  I know how to move documents from Google Drive into an Assignment in Canvas, but I'd like to create my modules with my files from Google Drive.  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am looking for analytics on the amount of time people/students spend within a course (looking at Modules/pages/videos/links, etc). Under the People tab, the far-right column offers "Total Activity" information, but I am not confident that this rela...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Misha Bradford invited me to a new calendar and I am unable to access this.  She has tried a few times.  What do I need to do to be able to access this?https://utah.instructure.com/courses/627858Patty Trelapatty.trela@hsc.utah.edu801-842-6489

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies