Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I had the students submit a power point presentation in CANVAS with notes attached to the slides. I can see the power point slides but not the notes that is attached. How do I open the documents so that I could see the notes that are attached to the ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-07-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I schedule a zoom meeting in canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I'd like to penalize students for making multiple attempts on a quiz. I'd like students to be able to retake their quiz, but to receive minus 10% for each retake, so on the first take the highest possible score is 100%, but on the second attempt the ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

A teacher asked me the following question: "If my students submitted projects on Canvas, is there a way to share them with the whole class, so everyone can view them through Canvas?"  I am assuming that the students created the projects using an exte...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello, I have entered a Profile Bio and then clicked "Save."  Yet nothing appears.  I re-open the Bio, and it is blank.  My work is not being saved.  What needs to be done to fix this?   Thanks in advance for your assistance.   

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to sync your canvas calendar to say your google calendar on your phone?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is it possible for me to copy a video I made in Canvas. I would like to keep it once my class is over.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-09-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Trying to find the live web conferencing tool in canvas to be live with my students. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Help please! EVerytime I put a picture on my front page it just has a LOCK on it when the students view it.  It's not an assignment, just a simple picture on a page.  LOOKS LIKE THIS: And it is random, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't   

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I upload an assignment?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Respondus Lock Down Browser is not loading my quizzes, what do I do? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can you add other apps inside Canvas for students?  Such as Achieve3000, Zearn or their other textbook apps?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why isn't there a rich content editor in every form of quiz question in new quizzes? Question types that need rich content editor in all parts of the question (not just the question stem) are categorization, matching, and fill in the blank.Also, are ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-24-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I hide FILES from students on course navigation?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What does the icon to the left of the 3 dots (ellipses) mean???????????  I am new to Canvas.Thank you

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am just starting with Canvas and am testing its various canvas features. In Assignment, I created a group assignment for testing. How do I erase that group assignment? I click on the hotdog menu of that group assignment, and there is the option to ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to figure out how to assign students to specific tutors. I'd also like these tutors to have their own Canvas page for their group if possible. The problem is that I'm not seeing how to do this. Any tips or suggestions?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our course has 13 modules.  In each module is a graded discussion.  I want to display the module discussion in the gradebook.  I have 3 other assignments that are in the gradebook, which I have no clue how they got there, but they're there, which is ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I added a person to Canvas, and wanted to assign their role as student, that option was not available in the drop down menu.  Would I assign them as a "participant.?"

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-08-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How many mastery paths can exist in one module?#mastery paths

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have often recorded audio or video to include in an assignment. I am attempting to do the same today and getting the message that it is not available. What is going on? I just want to use the Canvas media recording apparatus, not an outside media r...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-25-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is it just me, or is it possible to edit comments as da student from within the Canvas student iPad app? I am able to do so on the same thread from a website browser, so I know the option is turned on, but in the student iOS app, the only option unde...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

We are using Canvas for the first time at our college and we, as teachers, have already given online quizzes and finals to our students and submitted our final grades to administration. However, the administration of the college is asking us to send ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Speedgrader, document van student is van feedback voorzien. Kunnen de studenten dat ook zien?Dit bericht is vertaald met Google Translate.Speedgrader, student's document is provided with feedback. Can the students see that too?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

As an instructor, how do I access Turnitin?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how does proctorio work??

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I make my Announcements visible in my Canvas course? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I asked my students to update their profile with a unique number to aid me with collating their grades. However, after the students updated their profile am not able to see the update in the grade book nor people tab. Please how do I make sure...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have hundreds of multiple-choice questions in a Word file. Is there any way to take some or all of these and get them into a Canvas exam. A way, that is, that won't take hours and hours of copy-and-paste?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm in my thrid year at University. I recently as sent in my submission on the 30th of May and it went through perfectly alright. Everything  was  it was normal. I got a similarity score. I checked a few days ago and the submission was there. But whe...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies