Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I need to give my students some picture files to use in a project.  Everything I have tried on the new rich content editor embeds the picture on the page, showing the picture, and that's not what I want.  I just want to link to a picture file that I ...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

On our school website, I want to create a link to each teacher's individual Canvas dashboard for students and parents to access.  How do I find the correct link?Thank you.  Sandy

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

One of my pages is showing as locked when I go to student view.  The others are fine.  What do I need to do? Thanks!

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,I was trying to test out the Google Assignment Integration in our Canvas Instance.I created the Assignment and used the External Tool. I noted that I still needed to add the due date in Canvas Assignment Page.I graded a student submission and w...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I invite a person not in my institution (an expert, using their institutional or private email) to a canvas conference (within my course)?

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

If I don't have a Google Drive, is there a way of finding the embed code of a PDF from a Sharepoint site? I have the steps below if you're using Google Drive, but wondering if similar steps could be used where files are stored on a Sharepoint site? #...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi folks -- is there a way to create an automatically graded online discussion through Canvas? I have figured out how to create a graded discussion, but I'm not certain if I can do so in a way that will automatically assign a grade to a student who m...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Camtasia produces MP4 files and HTML videos. I can upload and view the MP4 files on Studio/Canvas - no problem. However, I would like to view the HTML files because they include a very useful Table of Contents.Camtasia produces these files XXX.html; ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My google drive is linked to my account in settings, but I cannot access it within the courses I create.  How can I resolve this issue?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Good afternoon,I created two courses within a free version of canvas. I exported both courses that I created so that I would not lose the content. The school I work for, Aristoi Classical Academy, just paid for Canvas and gave me access. I am trying ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I as the instructor download a speed grader PDF, do mark up with my E-Pen, then re-upload that to Speed grader for students?

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I invite students to a Zoom meeting or a Google Hangout in Canvas? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We currently use work-study students in our online program to perform certain routine tasks in our master courses and our courses in development. They do not have the same admin access to Canvas that our IDs and other online team members do, but we a...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Does the Chamberlain Canvas platform allow for word documents to be edited by instructors from within the grade book submission column without downloading the file?Carmen Potter

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to have a white label on the dash board for courses so I can add a picture that won't be filtered through the block color on the dashboard? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why can I not copy and paste feedback into the additional comments section of a quiz? I felt like I could do this in spring and now it will not allow it any more.  It's a huge time saver to be able to copy and paste.

• 4 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Ill try to explain this but not sure if Ill be clear....I have a module entitled Project 1. It has 10 assignments in it. I need to create a second module entitled Project 2. I want to copy the 10 assignments from Project 1 module into Project 2 but h...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Almost every time I try to start a message, my InBox freezes. I can't choose my course from the favorites list and have to close the entire compose message screen and start over. Once I do that, I am usually able to select the course and person to se...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Previously students had graded discussions in class.  With social distancing, is there a way for students to have a recorded online discussion that can be submitted to the teacher for viewing/grading?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do you make a page the first page students see when they open your canvas course? I have set the desired page as "front page" and I can see that icon next to it, but when I open the course it goes to the "Home" tab. Is this just my view as an ins...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am hoping to use a digital notebook this year. Last year, many of the intro type activities that would go in the notebook I created as quizzes. I am wondering if there is a way to take those quizzes and have students export them into their notebook...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I find no "edit" button in any of the screens I open.  I cannot edit my profile, upload files, or anything, Why?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Has anyone had students not being able to see jpeg images in Canvas when using an Apple device (MacBook, etc?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I move a module from one course to another?  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am coming from Google Classroom, and so far there is one feature I haven't figured out how to replicate in Canvas. Sometimes when a student was stuck on an assignment, I could click on their version of the assignment and help them using c...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Students are reporting quiz timer inconsistencies.  Sometimes the quiz timer shows elapsed time, and other quizzes it shows time remaining?  Is it possible to set this for consistency on all quizzes?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm looking to add some customization to our Canvas pages. As the webmaster for our school division pages I naturally turn to CSS for doing this. I'd like to use Bootstrap or W3 for my base, has anyone else deployed either of these? If so, what issue...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how do i change the side menu bar names?I want to change the name of Grades to Feedback, I want to change the name of Syllabus to Schedule

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you delete a closed quiz?  (My "Delete" option is grayed out.)

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I allow access to my webcam?  This is the message I am receiving (attached pic).

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies