Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I am creating modules to organize my class content.  After creating a module, I am having trouble adding content.  The box that pops up that allows you to choose what content to add is not showing all my quizzes that are in the course.  How do I get ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My admin needs to create a custom "tutor" role based on the "student" role for some of our student tutors. Here are my questions:What needs to be selected so that the student can post announcements? It looks like "Discussion-Moderate" needs to be sel...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to access a Shared Google Drive instead of a singular drive?(My content partner and I share a drive that houses ALL of our content from several years. When I try to add something from Drive to an assignment, it only gives me access to ...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Our institution is not using the New Rich Content Editor.  What will happen to content pages we've created with the version when we switch to the new? Will the pages lose their formatting?

• 0 Likes
  • 16 Replies

I have completed my course and want to publish but it indicate I need to complete registration. Where do I go for that?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My students have been posting photos of their work as their assignments (teaching crafts), but they all want to be able to see (and possibly comment on) each others' submissions as they've all produced different things and can be inspired by each oth...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi Everyone,I teach Principles of Genetics with Lab for undergraduates, mainly juniors and seniors. I have to teach online this coming Fall 2020.  I am looking for HELP mainly to put the labs online.  Is anyone else teaching undergraduate genetics wi...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The YouTube live Canvas sessions (typically hosted by @MarkBoothe)  that were started this spring due to Covid-19 have been a TOTAL LIFESAVER. In the fall my campus is going to Canvas and as edtechcoach it is my job to assist staff in this transition...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We are wanting to change the background color of all modules from the default white to an off white color  -probably something like FDF5E6. I know the content we need is something like:body {  background-color: #FDF5E6; }I am not sure if I just need ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I see a whole lot of crossed eye icons beside "Assignments," "People,"  "Collaborations " etc which on hovering my cursor over  "reveals disabled not visible to student."  How do I make the items visible to students.  I would appreciate a solution.  ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm trying to build an ILO from Articulate Rise in Canvas. I am using the SCORM files but no matter what I do the hotspots are not showing up with the + on them and the arrows that allow them to go to the side of tabs is also not working. Is this a C...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can we use quizzes made in Google Forms in Canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm hoping you can help me with an issue I'm struggling with. I've created interactive images in Canva (10 of them) that I planned to embed throughout my CANVAS library course--and other places. I really want to capitalize on the fact that I can make...

• 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Still having problems setting up an anonymous end-of-course Assessment:The phrase "correct answers are hidden" keeps showing up at the beginning of the Assessment. There are no correct answers; this is the students' Assessment of the course.How do I ...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to you upload more than one image (jpg, png) to a Page at a time?

• 0 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Hello,When I click the + Module link to add a 2nd module I do not see a name field.  What am I missing here?

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I created 4 courses using the free teacher account two years ago,  would like to move it to the cumberland county school site but not sure how and technology person has not answered emails.  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

hi, i am wondering how do i upload my resume to my profile?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My gradebook is based on a points based system, but the dashboard still shows students their grade as a percentage. How do I disable this feature so that either 1) the dashboard shows total points in place of percent grade or 2) the dashboard doesn't...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am assigning an ePortolio to my students. How do I find their completed ePortofolio to grade it?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When using Sakai I used RPNow online proctoring software for my course exams.  In the "Tests & Quizzes" tab of Sakai I created the exam, but I also put in a password (that students couldn't see) that matched a password on my RPNow website account.  T...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I retrieve my Modules from the last school year?  They were moved by my school administration.

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm trying to make a Quiz in Classic Quizzes that is Fill in Multiple Blanks and have some answers that include exponents. Is there a way to use the math equation tool on answers for this type of question?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Eu não estou conseguindo acesar o Fazer login no Canvas  nem com meu e-mail ou cpf, com a senha que entro no site normal e nem com o codigo.Esta mensagem foi traduzida usando o Google Translate.I am not able to access Sign in to Canvas either with my...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In reading student guides, there is an article describing how to choose an assignment path in modules, https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10941-4212667423.  It appears that it uses assignment groups to create student choice in assignments. I kn...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to structure multiple choice questions that students can answer and then immediately get feedback on their answer for that question (i.e., see if it is correct or incorrect and get an explanation)?  I realize students can submit their ...

• 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I re-upload the assignments with comments

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I make a conference in Canvas and select "start" or "join", I am just redirected to the Blindside Networks homepage. Does anyone know how I can join the conference?Thank you!

• 2 Likes
  • 8 Replies